advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Palm Beach preparing for a possible NY Trump indictment
Posted by: steve...
Date: May 14, 2021 11:02AM
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis could intervene in an extradition.

SCOOP: PALM BEACH MAKES CONTINGENCY PLANS IN CASE TRUMP IS INDICTED — Law enforcement officials in Palm Beach County, Fla., have actively prepared for the possibility that Manhattan District Attorney CY VANCE could indict former President DONALD TRUMP while he’s at Mar-a-Lago, according to two high-ranking county officials involved in planning sessions.

Among the topics discussed in those meetings: how to handle the thorny extradition issues that could arise if an indictment moves forward.

An obscure clause in Florida’s statute on interstate extradition gives Gov. RON DESANTIS the ability to intervene and even investigate whether an indicted “person ought to be surrendered” to law enforcement officials from another state — which means that as Mar-a-Lago prepares to close down for the season and Trump relocates to Bedminster, N.J., it isn’t just the Florida heat he’s leaving behind: He could lose a key piece of political protection.

Poitico

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Palm Beach preparing for a possible NY Trump indictment
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 14, 2021 12:04PM
This isn't going to work out for Trump.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 14, 2021 12:40PM
I hope he is indicted but on what? Tax evasion? I just feel like this man has snake-lawyered himself into a cocoon that law enforcement cannot penetrate.

But of ot jappens...Trump trapped indefinitely in Florida, in a town that hates him.

Some poetic justice there; however its unlikely that Florida would risk ticking off New York to protect Trump. The blowback from that would be fierce, probably not worth it even for DeSantis.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 14, 2021 12:50PM
I would never count on DeSantis doing the right thing, regardless of the pressure. On the contrary, I see this as very easy for DeSantis to deny, for the purposes of drumming up support from conservatives for their perennial victim.

It's a shame Palm Beach has never been able to throw him out.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 14, 2021 12:51PM
Wait until he goes to Bedminster.

Not that I believe any of this will happen, anyway.
Posted by: Janit
Date: May 14, 2021 02:11PM
Lux Interior
Wait until he goes to Bedminster.

Not that I believe any of this will happen, anyway.

I vote for this too. And I know lots of NJ residents who would love to visit Bedminster just to watch the perp walk. Not to mention a gaggle from NY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 07:43AM by Janit.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 14, 2021 02:44PM
deckeda
I would never count on DeSantis doing the right thing, regardless of the pressure. On the contrary, I see this as very easy for DeSantis to deny, for the purposes of drumming up support from conservatives for their perennial victim.

It's a shame Palm Beach has never been able to throw him out.

More political theater may be ahead. DeSantis could play his role to the hilt “protecting” Trump and even when Florida folds, he would still come out way ahead. Trumpers have long since abandoned any moral or intellectual attachment to reality - all that counts now is image.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 414
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020