Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 19, 2021 02:43PM

Biden-capable of driving an F-150 electric

Fatboy goes Vroom! Vroom!.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Keep Truckin' here's the diff twixt Biden and the idiot
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 19, 2021 02:48PM
And he still probably got 80% of the truck driver vote.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: May 19, 2021 03:21PM
That picture is so bizarre I had to go look for the source. The video is on youtube. It appears to be from a meeting with the trucking industry and he was simply horsing around in the truck cab. It looks bizarre, and heaven knows I'm not a fan, but I'm not going to criticize him for not looking hollywood.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: May 19, 2021 03:27PM
I do enjoy seeing Biden in his sports car

Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: May 19, 2021 05:08PM
davemchine
...he was simply horsing around in the truck cab. It looks bizarre, and heaven knows I'm not a fan, but I'm not going to criticize him for not looking hollywood.

The problem was never that Trump didn't look 'Hollywood,' but that he never looked presidential and, that 'simply horsing around' described most of his tenure.

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Posted by: steve...
Date: May 19, 2021 05:33PM

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Blue Monk
Date: May 19, 2021 05:56PM
Anyone else hold their breath while Biden was at the wheel?

I don't know how good an idea that was.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 19, 2021 06:02PM
Blue Monk
Anyone else hold their breath while Biden was at the wheel?

I don't know how good an idea that was.

No. Only you.

Quit watching Fox News Channel, NewsMax and OAN.

Date: May 19, 2021 06:05PM
The guy should be in a nursing home, enjoying the last few years of his life. He gets confused and angry at the drop of a hat. If I was his kid, I'd be asking gramps to turn in his keys.
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 19, 2021 06:08PM
Blue Monk
The guy should be in a nursing home, enjoying the last few years of his life. He gets confused and angry at the drop of a hat. If I was his kid, I'd be asking gramps to turn in his keys.

Wow, talking about Mr MAGA! Not very nice…
Date: May 19, 2021 06:21PM
This week Biden has not once:

1) Said Obama was born in Kenya.

2) Tried to buy Greenland.

He did, however:
3) Actually drive the truck.
Date: May 19, 2021 06:33PM
Marc Anthony
davemchine
...he was simply horsing around in the truck cab. It looks bizarre, and heaven knows I'm not a fan, but I'm not going to criticize him for not looking hollywood.

The problem was never that Trump didn't look 'Hollywood,' but that he never looked presidential and, that 'simply horsing around' described most of his tenure.

Yup. But I bet he made great truck sounds sitting behind the wheel of that truck.

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 19, 2021 06:42PM
Steve G.
This week Biden has not once:

1) Said Obama was born in Kenya.

2) Tried to buy Greenland.

He did, however:
3) Actually drive the truck.

4) Drink from a glass with one hand.

5) Rapidly walk down a ramp.

6) Successfully close an umbrella

7) Not walk up the stairs to AF1 with TP on his shoe
Date: May 19, 2021 06:45PM
How did Lardo get into the cab? Does the Secret Service travel with a fork lift?
Date: May 19, 2021 07:06PM
Steve G.
How did Lardo get into the cab? Does the Secret Service travel with a fork lift?

That info is sealed under his ubiquitous CDAs…
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 19, 2021 08:03PM
Still trying to decide if weak troll is fun or if weak troll deserves help. Currently it seems both are untrue.
Date: May 19, 2021 09:20PM
Oh right, boasting of Biden's physical ability. Oh goodness. He can't climb stairs. He's a frail old man who can't speak 2 sentences without forgetting where he is. Like I mentioned above, he should be relaxing on a lake and looking forward to dinner at 4:30 like others his age. He can afford any retirement home he wants. Why he wanted to be president I'll never know.

But hey, if Biden is "progress" for you, take what you can get, right? I shouldn't fault you. Feel good about what you can. Life is short.
Date: May 19, 2021 09:28PM
Blue Monk
Oh right, boasting of Biden's physical ability. Oh goodness. He can't climb stairs. He's a frail old man who can't speak 2 sentences without forgetting where he is. Like I mentioned above, he should be relaxing on a lake and looking forward to dinner at 4:30 like others his age. He can afford any retirement home he wants. Why he wanted to be president I'll never know.

But hey, if Biden is "progress" for you, take what you can get, right? I shouldn't fault you. Feel good about what you can. Life is short.

I find it always interesting those that mistake Mr Biden's speech impediment for mental decline. He stutters; he's done that his entire life. He uses tricks like slowing his language as a known method to keep from stuttering.

As for mental acuity, which is a different question, there are common ways to measure. In that regard, to my knowledge he has not reduced his vocabulary in his informal (i.e. not prepared) interactions with the public.

If you want to bring a legitimate issue to the table, I'm listening. But the DATA says Mr Biden is doing well from a mental ability. I do not follow issues tied to his gait, etc., but the prior occupant of the White House clearly lost his ability to walk properly from the time he started his Presidency and the end. Most guess that it was a small stroke, or other, related compromise to his motor cortex.
Date: May 19, 2021 09:44PM
He hasn't stuttered his whole life. I watched a C-Span video from 1994, when he was busy putting black men in jail for selling dimebags of weed, and for 10 minutes he was speaking on the floor of the Senate, fluidly, calmly, and with 0 speech impediments.

The speech impediment thing was created before the election as a plausible deniability item to explain his mental decline and the difficulty speaking that comes with it. He's old.

Don't fall for this speech impediment BS. Watch some old C-Span.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 19, 2021 09:55PM
Blue Monk
He hasn't stuttered his whole life. I watched a C-Span video from 1994, when he was busy putting black men in jail for selling dimebags of weed, and for 10 minutes he was speaking on the floor of the Senate, fluidly, calmly, and with 0 speech impediments.

The speech impediment thing was created before the election as a plausible deniability item to explain his mental decline and the difficulty speaking that comes with it. He's old...

[www.theatlantic.com]

Stuttering is a neurological disorder that affects roughly 70 million people, about 3 million of whom live in the United States. It has a strong genetic component: Two-thirds of stutterers have a family member who actively stutters or used to. Biden's uncle on his mother's side--"Uncle Boo-Boo," as he was called--stuttered his whole life...

By all accounts, Biden was both popular and a strong athlete in high school. He was class president at Archmere Academy, in Claymont, Delaware. His nickname was "Dash"--not a reference to his speed on the football field, but rather another way to mock his stutter. "It was like Morse code--dot dot dot, dash dash dash dash," Biden says. "Even though by that time I started to overcome it."...

Bill Bowden had the locker next to Biden's at Archmere. I called Bowden recently. "It was just kind of a funny thing, you know?" he told me. "Hopefully he wasn't hurt by it." Bob Markel, another high-school buddy of Biden's, went a little further when we spoke: "H-H-H-H-Hey, J-J-J-J-J-Joe B-B-B-B-Biden'--that's how he'd be addressed." Markel said the Archmere guys called him "Stutterhead," or "Hey, Stut!" for short. He fears that he himself may have made fun of Biden once or twice. "I never remember him being offended. He probably was," Markel said. "I think one of his coping mechanisms was to not show it."...

Date: May 19, 2021 10:23PM
Well, if you don't want to watch any video of him in the 90s, I suppose you'll just have to believe what you read from The Atlantic.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 19, 2021 10:25PM
Date: May 19, 2021 10:30PM
Blue Monk
Well, if you don't want to watch any video of him in the 90s, I suppose you'll just have to believe what you read from The Atlantic.

How about this article, that literally talks about this exact issue:

[niemanreports.org]

'Journalists should provide audiences with as much information as possible about the health and well-being of people trying to lead the wealthiest nation on the planet. That means sometimes asking uncomfortable questions, even about a candidate’s mental health. But there is a responsible way to do it. And it can’t be done if journalists aren’t willing to educate themselves about Biden’s lifelong speaking struggle, which can be done by interviewing speech therapists who specialize in stuttering.'

I personally knew about his stuttering when he was VP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2021 10:31PM by sekker.
Posted by: bfd
Date: May 19, 2021 10:31PM
deckeda
Still trying to decide if weak troll is fun or if weak troll deserves help. Currently it seems both are untrue.

Maybe Brand X is down…
Date: May 19, 2021 10:34PM
Blue Monk

We’ll have the better part of four years to find out how well he speaks extemporaneously. At least he doesn’t have to lie everyday in order to salve his fragile ego like the last guy.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 19, 2021 10:35PM
Maybe Brand X is down…

Matt forgot to pay the electric bill?
Date: May 19, 2021 10:43PM
Blue Monk

[www.dailydot.com]

Internet unearths Joe Biden’s touching 1994 letter to a boy with a speech impediment

...Remember what I told you about stuttering. You can beat it just like I did. When you do, you will be a stronger man for having won. Also remember, every time you are tempted to make fun of someone with a problem, how it feels when you are made fun of. Treat everyone with respect and you will be respected yourself.

Your friend, Joe Biden

Posted by: Kraniac
Date: May 20, 2021 01:34AM
Blue Monk

The speech impediment thing was created before the election as a plausible deniability item to explain his mental decline and the difficulty speaking that comes with it. He's old.

Don't fall for this speech impediment BS. Watch some old C-Span.

Be clear..be %^&$%^&real. At the time, everybody was putting black men in jail for selling dimes bags of weed.
If you're gonna try to be accurate, then please be accurate..It wasn't just Biden pushing that wagon..
The congressional black caucus was on board..plenty of black groups out in the communities supported it.
that was the early 90's and the hoods were out of control because of the crack influx.

The stutter was well documented..wtf are you talking about? It's fairly normal with folks that come to manage a stutter, that it returns from time to time..especially in old age.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 20, 2021 01:53AM
The sneakiest aspect of the stuttering deception is how Joe built and took a time machine back to 2007 and rewrote and republished his autobiography “Promises to Keep” so that it would support a ploy dreamed up in 2019. Oh, that wily coyote!

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 20, 2021 07:13AM
"Sucker's Quick !"

The man understands pickups and pickup people.

While it doesn't have the sort of range that ranch and large farm drivers need, it's good enough for work/commute truck use for most other drivers.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 20, 2021 07:25AM
Yet somehow, Middle America thinks a real estate tycoon from New York City is their real champion.
Posted by: Janit
Date: May 20, 2021 08:30AM
Acer
Yet somehow, Middle America thinks a bankrupt real estate tycoon from New York City is their real champion.

Fixed that for you.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 20, 2021 08:44AM
If anyone's not that familiar with stuttering (like me!) and the sheer variety of ways it can show, here's a good look at Biden's situation, from the perspective of someone who suffers from it: [www.youtube.com] ... I think she does a really good job of explaining the ways that the stuttering can manifest and affect the stutterer's life as a whole.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2021 08:45AM by PeterB.
Date: May 20, 2021 11:21AM
[www.c-span.org]

Whatever you do, don't watch that. Believe what you've read and what you've written instead.

He nearly amounts to what I would call a "decent" orator in that clip. Not a stutter in sight.

As for Biden's mass incarceration of black men for selling weed, you're right. It's ok because other were doing it too. Other than that, he's a pioneer of civil rights and uplifting the Black community.

He was full D.A.R.E., the private incarceration's brainchild. Private prison industry stocks went way, way up... entire industries created from whole cloth... lots of money to be made off the backs of poor people.
Date: May 20, 2021 12:23PM
Just to address the issue of stuttering: you seem to be convinced of the assumption that a stutterer cannot speak fluently and consistently in public, and even for extended periods of time. That is a wrong assumption: watch the YouTube I posted for a good example of a stutterer who is (mostly) fluent. Stuttering is a very complex disease and-- as pointed out by the YouTube speaker-- can get better or worse with age (usually someone who stutters into adolescence will do so for the rest of their lives).

[web.archive.org]
[web.archive.org]

(Posting the archived versions of these, so that everyone can read them.)

Date: May 20, 2021 01:31PM
Riiiiight.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: May 20, 2021 01:53PM
Blue Monk
Riiiiight.

Standard MAGAt response, ignore or denigrate anything that doesn't support your position no matter how reliable the source.
Date: May 20, 2021 04:55PM
JoeH
Blue Monk
Riiiiight.

Standard MAGAt response, ignore or denigrate anything that doesn't support your position no matter how reliable the source.

Careful, you'll get banned for a personal attack.
Date: May 20, 2021 05:05PM
PeterB
Just to address the issue of stuttering: you seem to be convinced of the assumption that a stutterer cannot speak fluently and consistently in public, and even for extended periods of time. That is a wrong assumption: watch the YouTube I posted for a good example of a stutterer who is (mostly) fluent. Stuttering is a very complex disease and-- as pointed out by the YouTube speaker-- can get better or worse with age (usually someone who stutters into adolescence will do so for the rest of their lives).

[web.archive.org]
[web.archive.org]

This is mind-numbing. The subtleties are excruciating. You must have a very small blade to slice those hairs finer and finer.

Just watch the video lol. He was ok then.

Now he's a doddering old fart. He should be playing golf on a nice suburban course, if he wasn't too old for that even.
Date: May 20, 2021 05:10PM
Blue Monk
This is mind-numbing. The subtleties are excruciating...

Translation: TLDR

Date: May 20, 2021 05:18PM
Please stop provoking me or I'll snitch on you.

Thanks.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: May 20, 2021 05:22PM
Please stop provoking Steve G and others around here with your repeated visits in attempt to circumvent previous bans.
Date: May 20, 2021 05:24PM
You're following me around! AHHHHRG stop it!
Date: May 20, 2021 05:24PM
Blue Monk
PeterB

[web.archive.org]
[web.archive.org]

This is mind-numbing. The subtleties are excruciating. You must have a very small blade to slice those hairs finer and finer.

Just watch the video lol. He was ok then.

Now he's a doddering old fart. He should be playing golf on a nice suburban course, if he wasn't too old for that even.

I did watch the video (at least some of it, not all the 2+ hours of it!). Yes, his speech was seemingly much better then. But as I and others have pointed out, stuttering manifests in different ways, and can get better and worse over time, and the idea that he has just somehow suddenly developed the stuttering excuse as a cover for supposed dementia is simply untrue. The young woman in the YouTube I posted, as a stutterer herself, is able to catch the points at which Joe (or other stutterers) are having difficulties. In the comments, she also mentions covert stuttering, which is likely an explanation for some of his public appearances where he seems not to be stuttering. Joe himself apparently doesn't think of himself as a stutterer, or at least he tries not to: [www.youtube.com] ... one assumes that it's an incredibly painful thing for him, and so he probably doesn't want to speak about it publicly that much.

Date: May 20, 2021 05:28PM
Thanks for your side of it. Let's get back in a year after there's more material available of Biden speaking... speaking of which, they're keeping him away from microphones. Hm.
Date: May 20, 2021 05:48PM
Blue Monk
Thanks for your side of it. Let's get back in a year after there's more material available of Biden speaking... speaking of which, they're keeping him away from microphones. Hm.

I don't think so ... he's on camera speaking quite a bit, and his speech ranges from seemingly fluent and free of stuttering/word skipping, to occasional evidence of the stuttering: [www.youtube.com] ... if you watch him carefully, you can see points at which he clearly trips over the words. And my impression is that he's reading off a teleprompter / using pre-prepared remarks, so you can't really say that it's anything other than the stuttering.

Date: May 20, 2021 06:13PM
Biden is averaging 6 press conferences/year.

Recent presidents averaged over 20, and Bush I averaged well over 30.

[www.presidency.ucsb.edu]
Date: May 20, 2021 06:32PM
Blue Monk
Biden is averaging 6 press conferences/year.

Recent presidents averaged over 20, and Bush I averaged well over 30.

[www.presidency.ucsb.edu]

Ummm, but you're speaking of someone who hasn't even been in office a whole year yet... actually only a grand total of four months so far! (Though it has seemed like a lot longer...)

Date: May 20, 2021 06:39PM
He needs 18 press conferences in just 8 months -- one every 2 weeks -- to hit lower than the low average for recent presidents.

Do you think he'll hit that? Not a chance. They're keeping him off the mic because of gaffes/stuttering/senility, however you want to term it.
Date: May 20, 2021 07:29PM
Ehhhh, I'm not worried about the number of press conferences he holds. I'm more concerned about the job he's doing, which thus far has been excellent, so far as I'm concerned. And I suspect that the reason for the less frequent press conferences is because he's been busy ... it's not like there's a pandemic or anything going on right now. grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 443
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020