advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The American Epidemic
Posted by: hal
Date: May 26, 2021 02:03PM
"More Americans who survived the pandemic have been killed by a uniquely American epidemic. Gun Violence."

Sara Sidner of CNN just posted this along with a 'BREAKING NEWS' story about the shooting in SJ.

I think the phrase, "The American Epidemic" is powerful and should be used often. It will remind people that this is a uniquely American problem that kills almost every day.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The American Epidemic
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 26, 2021 02:06PM
Indeed. We are the only high income country with this problem but pretend we're helpless to do anything about it. At least some of us do.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 26, 2021 02:24PM
No one loves our people guns as much as we do! No one!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 26, 2021 03:12PM
# 1 killer is still being FAT.

Time for a War On Doughnuts !

The cops will line up to arrest ALL those miscreants, and properly sample them ?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 26, 2021 04:01PM
I don't even think it matters at this point. There are an estimated 390,000,000 guns out there in the wild in America. It may be too late.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 26, 2021 04:34PM
Steve G.
I don't even think it matters at this point. There are an estimated 390,000,000 guns out there in the wild in America. It may be too late.

Ya think?
Date: May 26, 2021 04:41PM
That's what I mean about pretending we're helpless to do anything about this. We are not. A number of measures do work, as discussed here many times. They work in the states that apply them.

Mass shootings are a very small sliver of the problem but they shock us and get more attention. We should look at the daily carnage.
Date: May 26, 2021 05:13PM
Pick up today's 'Union-Busting Special'!

comes with a 33 round magazine to wipe out the whole gang at work!

this headline-grabbing semi-automatic is an automatic buy!
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 26, 2021 06:49PM
cbelt3
# 1 killer is still being FAT.

Time for a War On Doughnuts !

The cops will line up to arrest ALL those miscreants, and properly sample them ?

I’m not sure what your point is here. If you are suggesting that by comparison gun violence isn’t worth doing something about, your argument has no merit.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 26, 2021 09:28PM
Ammo
cbelt3
# 1 killer is still?
I’m not sure what your point is here. If you are suggesting that by comparison gun violence isn’t worth doing something about, your argument has no merit.

A poor attempt at humour from my damaged brain.. nothing to see here, move along .
Date: May 27, 2021 12:04PM
The man who shot and killed nine people Wednesday at a San Jose, Calif., rail yard had two semi-automatic weapons and 11 magazines, authorities said.

A Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office spokesman revealed the details on the weapons to CBS News, and Sheriff Laurie Smith later confirmed the report to CBS San Francisco and CNN, telling the local CBS affiliate that the weapons were pistols.

“I don’t know if he re-loaded, I don’t know the number of rounds that he fired, but of the people who were injured, none survived,” Smith told CNN Thursday.

The sheriff noted, though, that the weapons were “handguns of the type that would be legal in California.”
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 27, 2021 12:18PM
cbelt3
Ammo
cbelt3
# 1 killer is still?

A poor attempt at humour from my damaged brain.. nothing to see here, move along .

Sorry for misunderstanding your post. It didn’t sound like you and guns are a sore spot for me.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Date: May 27, 2021 07:37PM
Steve G.

The sheriff noted, though, that the weapons were “handguns of the type that would be legal in California.”

He had 32 illegal high capacity magazines on him.

And a long history of crazy violent hatred esp
towards his employer.

[www.mercurynews.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 146
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020