AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Woman who falsely accused Black bird watcher in Central Park sues ex-employer
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 26, 2021 02:19PM
[news.bloomberglaw.com]

‘Cause she’s a victim, don't cha know!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Woman who falsely accused Black bird watcher in Central Park sues ex-employer
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 26, 2021 03:10PM
Hmm... sounds like she *may* have a case. Of course being fired for 'bringing discredit' to one's employer for being in a viral video is probably common.

I don't understand people who have to confront others. Walk away. If you feel like you need to report the behavior, make your own recording while you're evading.

Then again if she was in Florida she could have just shot him and gotten away with it.
Re: Woman who falsely accused Black bird watcher in Central Park sues ex-employer
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 26, 2021 03:16PM
....flip her the.......bird......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: hal
Date: May 26, 2021 03:20PM
I can kinda see where she is coming from - there is probably a protocol that needs to be followed in firing someone and maybe they didn't follow it completely. I suspect that this just isn't a likable woman and they were happy to have an excuse to fire her and maybe they did so without a 'full investigation' as the suit says...

oh well... should have kept your dog on the leash and we wouldn't be worrying about this.

I can actually believe the first part of her case - that cooper might have approached her in as manner that seemed to her to be 'aggressive' - we gentle bird watchers can get huffy about these issues. Maybe he has a history of being a nag to every dog walker in the area - ok - let's accept all of this... but...

The company didn’t really look into the incident before firing Cooper the following day, just shy of five years after she was hired, the suit said.

It only interviewed her in the immediate aftermath, when she was still “palpably distraught and fearful of her safety,” Cooper said. And it never spoke or tried to speak with Christian Cooper or any of the other dogwalkers he had previously accosted, she said.

ok - @#$%& off lady.... you can't possibly still be fearful of the scary black man while being interviewed by coworkers hours (or was it days) later. If you were, I'd take that as grounds for firing for just being particularly whacked in the head
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 26, 2021 03:42PM
She’s lucky she didn’t receive a citation that day. Her unleashed dog was in an area where a leach is required.

When confronted her response was to call 911.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 26, 2021 03:59PM
deckeda
...in an area where a leach is required.

But Cary Grant died in back 1986. devil smiley
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 26, 2021 04:04PM
Not that I want to encourage lawyers (like they need encouragementrolleyes smiley) but maybe Cooper has a case against her for defamation or inflicting undue stress.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 26, 2021 04:19PM
Eh, leashes, leaches. She could have also benefitted from the former.
Posted by: Z
Date: May 26, 2021 04:24PM
What is At-Will Employment in New York?
New York is an at-will state, meaning that, but for one of the exceptions, all employees are considered “at-will” employees. This means that an employee can be fired without warning at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Unfortunately, the employer’s reason for terminating an at-will employee can seem unfair, unethical, or even immoral, but could still be deemed lawful.

IANAL, but suspect she's up a creek as she's probably at-will.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 26, 2021 07:10PM
My suspicion is she knows she has an iceberg’s chance in heII of winning in court.

She is on video, demonstrably overreacting and repeatedly blatantly lying to police about what was happening, to the extent that her actions actually put Cooper’s life in jeopardy.

That video, by means having absolutely nothing to do with Templeton, was seen around the world. Her actions, and her actions alone, are what prompted the public reaction she was the focus of.

Also to keep in mind, the version of events seen here, regarding Templeton’s response, is simply a cataloging of her legal counsel’s claims as to events, not reporting of known facts in the situation.

I think the hand their playing is the heft of MAGA culture — the ‘horrors’ of “cancel culture”, Jessie Smullet ‘proves they lie’, the confrontation of a smirking Nathan Phillips with a Native American protester at the Lincoln Memorial as an example of the media ‘falsely destroying an “innocent” life’, etc. — to make this ugly enough for Templeton to pay them a nuisance fee to go away.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 26, 2021 07:51PM
She can't win in an at-will state. As long as they didn't fire her for reasons that are protected by the EEOC, she is out of luck. Being a shrill, hysterical bigot is not protected by law.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 26, 2021 08:09PM
then who's watching the black bird?

Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 27, 2021 08:54AM
What a winner of a human being. Her parents must be so proud.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 391
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020