Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Russia refuses to allow European planes to land in Moscow
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 27, 2021 03:03PM
Russia refuses to allow European planes to land in Moscow
[www.theguardian.com]

Russia has retaliated against a ban on carriers entering Belarus’s airspace by refusing to grant permission to European planes flying to Moscow.

In an apparent escalation by the Kremlin, Russian aviation authorities forced Austrian Airlines to cancel its flight from Vienna to the Russian capital. Air France also cancelled its Paris-Moscow flight for the second day in a row, after it was denied permission on Wednesday to land in Russia.

Both carriers had posted new routes bypassing Belarus. The move follows the “hijacking” on Sunday of a Ryanair plane flying between Greece and Lithuania, and the arrest of two passengers onboard, the journalist Raman Pratasevich and his Russian girlfriend, Sofia Sapega.

Air France and Austrian Airlines were following a recommendation by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). It is unclear if Moscow’s retaliation is temporary or signals a more lasting standoff, which could in turn lead to countermeasures against the Russian national carrier Aeroflot.

Airlines including British Airways and KLM have been able to use new routes on flights to Moscow.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Russia refuses to allow European planes to land in Moscow
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: May 27, 2021 03:58PM
Wow. Can't go to Moscow. This is like an Emily Litella joke, or maybe that old joke about two weeks in Philadelphia.

On a more serious note, I see this as, among other things, an attack on NATO by Belarus, and it should be answered by NATO as such.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 27, 2021 04:36PM
Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 27, 2021 05:24PM
Isn't the obvious response is to ban all Russian plane flights to EU and US...

Permanently shutting down that new gas pipeline to Germany is sounding better and better.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Janit
Date: May 28, 2021 01:47AM
Ca Bob
Wow. Can't go to Moscow. This is like an Emily Litella joke, or maybe that old joke about two weeks in Philadelphia.

On a more serious note, I see this as, among other things, an attack on NATO by Belarus, and it should be answered by NATO as such.

Why is everyone so upset about the Russian band? Who cares what kind of music anyone listens to? I mean balalaikas annoy me anyways.

It's Russian banned?

Oh. Never mind.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 28, 2021 07:46AM
Nah, let Russian airliners come. Be a darn shame if each one has to be held back from leaving, tho. Just to make sure they’re safe.

(An example of why I am not a diplomat or politician.)
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 28, 2021 10:52AM
Ya know, maybe some day we'll find out what it's like to live in a world where everyone isn't waving their d*cks all day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 92
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020