advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I know you’ve been wondering. But the yellow Jewish deathcamp stars with “Not Vaccinated” on it are FINALLY available. (No. I’m not joking.)
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 29, 2021 04:12PM
Perfect for hanukkah gift giving. I bet little Jimmy would just love one of those trucker caps!

Gang, I think we may be there. We have a responsibility to the rest of sentient life in the universe. With the stupid this strong now, we’ve got to think about nuking the place from orbit.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I know you’ve been wondering. But the yellow Jewish deathcamp stars with “Not Vaccinated” on it are FINALLY available. (No. I’m not joking.)
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 29, 2021 04:29PM
Is she the responsible mother trucker?
Re: I know you’ve been wondering. But the yellow Jewish deathcamp stars with “Not Vaccinated” on it are FINALLY available. (No. I’m not joking.)
Date: May 29, 2021 04:46PM
btfc
Is she the responsible mother trucker?
From what I gather.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 29, 2021 05:17PM
Can the wearers be gassed?

Seriously, that is disgusting.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 29, 2021 05:37PM
Such poor taste from such arrogantly ignorant people.
They are the worst kind of Golgafrinchams, and should be treated as their ancestors were.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 29, 2021 05:45PM
they turned out great??? that's what you call all of those frayed threads? Great?? I want my money back and I didn't even order any!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 29, 2021 06:37PM
The stars had to be worn every day on the streets and inside by Jews in Nazi-land. It was only afterwards that they were coerced into the death camps.

The penalty for not doing this was beatings, shootings, torture and being shipped off to death camps. Despite seeing this on a daily basis in their own streets, the lovely German people endorsed this while professing no knowledge of the bloody persecution of fellow human beings.
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: May 29, 2021 06:51PM
I'm probably dense...

Didn't the designer this spell "educated" incorrectly?

Todd's new keyboard (From a recommendation in previous thread, I'm now clicking and clacking away at a Matias Tactile Pro. I have a suspicion that I'll probably buy a used MS 4000 keyboard and a Macally Super-Duper Slim something to compare—and an occasional rest for my ears.)
Posted by: bfd
Date: May 29, 2021 08:16PM
There are some absolutely repulsive people in this country … why can't they all be rounded up?
Posted by: lost in space
Date: May 29, 2021 09:04PM
5 will get you 10 she doesn't know the meaning of the Star of David.

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 29, 2021 09:42PM
It’s like a cult of ignorance and stupidity.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: May 29, 2021 10:19PM
I find it particularly offensive (and not a lot offends me). I think these people should be verbally called out. If they find they can make such public statements, then the reverse should be true.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 29, 2021 10:35PM
I posted that image to an earlier thread, The Twitter tread I picked it up from was livid about it. They included her name and the phone number with an encouragement to go after her.

The John B. Stetson Company announces that it has ceased the sale of all their products at HatWRKS, after the Nashville hat store said they’re selling ‘not vaccinated patches,’ which resemble the yellow Star of David badges that Jewish people were forced to wear as identifiers during the Holocaust

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2021 12:57AM by RgrF.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 30, 2021 10:01AM
It’s always good to have alternatives. It’s the nature of competition and there are other stores to buy hats from. We’re currently looking at alternative upholstery shops to fix two vehicle headliners because we know the owner is just as likely to use the revenue to find yet another absolutely huge Confederate flag or Trump 2021 banner.

Sometimes, headliners aren’t that important.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 30, 2021 12:33PM
Sounds like Tennessee is now officially a terrorist State. Vote to nuke. Any fashion OK, not limited to orbit....
==
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 30, 2021 08:52PM
A number of hat manufacturers have either dropped her as an account or at least said they are looking into it.
But losing Stetson has got to hurt bigly.

She doubled down on her original ad with a lot of self-righteous right-wing gobbledygook. And made one of those non-apology apologies which shows she doesn't understand what she did wrong. Her Instagram does not allow comments, I imagine that is a new development. If you can stomach looking at it, you will see she is one batshit crazy POS & probably a QAnon follower. [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 31, 2021 04:16AM
And that didn’t take long at all:

A Nashville hat shop is apologizing after advertising anti-vaccine yellow Star of David badges

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Gigi Gaskins, who is listed as HatWRKS’s owner in public records, apologized Saturday on Instagram for the merchandise resembling the badges the Nazis forced Jews to wear during the Holocaust.

“In NO WAY did i intend to trivialize the Star of David or disrespect what happened to millions of people,” she wrote. “My hope was to share my genuine concern & fear, and to do all that i can to make sure that nothing like that ever happens again.”

Previously, Gaskins had said people should be “outraged by tyranny” in the world and blamed her detractors for not understanding what is happening around them. In another post, she alluded to concerns about coronavirus restrictions and stated that she was a “target of the mob.”

Protesters gathered outside the store Saturday with a large sign that read, “No Nazis in Nashville.” Others sang that they didn’t want the hats or the hate.

“To me, it’s willful ignorance,” Roger Abramson, an attorney, told WSMV. “The information is out there. People are willfully ignoring facts, information and history because it doesn’t fit what they want to believe or it doesn’t fit some narrative they have.”

The company’s Instagram feed shows several posts expressing hostility and misinformation on vaccination, comparing wearing masks to government suppression of citizens. More than a dozen posts were marked by Instagram as false since November.

The controversy over the Star of David patches comes after recent comments from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), who in a podcast compared Democrats requiring masks to be worn on the House floor to the treatment of Jews during the Holocaust.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and other Republicans condemned Greene for the comparison.

“Marjorie is wrong, and her intentional decision to compare the horrors of the Holocaust with wearing masks is appalling,” he said in a statement. “The Holocaust is the greatest atrocity committed in history. The fact that this needs to be stated today is deeply troubling.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 31, 2021 06:45AM
I like that her business is collapsing as all her suppliers are dropping her.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 31, 2021 10:20AM
And this is the problem. When she says she didn’t intend to trivialize the Holocaust that’s plainly true, because she held it up as her example of horror.

But it’s a clue about her supreme idiocy. If you don’t actually know the basics of what happened and why, you run around using it as an analogy for anything you wish to exaggerate ... especially things that are in fact the opposite of genocide.

John B. Stetson and Goorin Bros. gone, but her lesson still isn’t learned. One might say the same for the vendors, who apparently were not familiar with her social media.
Date: May 31, 2021 02:49PM
Speedy
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and other Republicans condemned Greene for the comparison.

“Marjorie is wrong, and her intentional decision to compare the horrors of the Holocaust with wearing masks is appalling,” he said in a statement. “The Holocaust is the greatest atrocity committed in history. The fact that this needs to be stated today is deeply troubling.”

When the slaughter reaches the numbers equated with genocide, “greatest” is too small a word to encompass the act.

6 million Jews just during World War II, 4 million Blacks in the Middle Crossing with millions upon millions more — literally generations of Blacks over the course of 200 years — worked to death in the death camps of the south, as many as 1.2 million Armenians, hundreds of thousands of Tutsis.

Genocide is among the darkest stains on the soul of humanity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 118
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020