advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Texas woman/mother: there's so much wrong in just the title of this article
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 02, 2021 10:48PM
Texas Mother Accidentally Shot 5-Year-Old Son After Targeting and Missing a Neighbor’s Puppy: Police
https: //www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/texas-mother-accidentally-shot-5-year-old-son-after-targeting-and-missing-a-neighbor-s-puppy-police/ar-AAKDuRu

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Texas woman/mother: there's so much wrong in just the title of this article
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 02, 2021 11:31PM
I’d say only half as crazy and stupid as the headline makes it sound.

To a non-dog person (Well, an excitable, less than the sharpest knife in the drawer non-dog person), I can imagine them seeing this very young dog as more than a “puppy”. If they have a fear of dogs, even more so.

So, along with the video, I’m taking away a somewhat dull witted, excitable hot head, not particularly familiar with dogs, seeing a loose dog (“pitbull” in their mind, perhaps) charging/about to attack/‘I’m not going to wait for it to attack’ their kid(s).

In all ‘murican fashion, they whip out their gun and, in a not a lick of training way, start firing off rounds, just barely avoiding a worst possible outcome.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2021 11:33PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 03, 2021 07:24AM
I watched the video.

The mother has been charged so that's good.

The dog's owner was right there running after him, and the boxer puppy was only outside a few seconds. Amazing that guy wasn't shot too.

The woman has no business with a gun, which she clearly doesn't know how to use especially around a child. Also a man was riding bikes with them, he couldn't take care of the puppy?

I'm so done with this stupidity and meanness and avoidable injury and death to children.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 03, 2021 07:43AM
This is clearly the dog-owner's fault for for not properly training his dog and de-escalating the situation.

But let's just use that "liberal logic" and blame the patriotic American who used a gun to defend her helpless child.

Reminds me that I need to add this to the database of "Crimes prevented by guns."

I think were on track for the typical 250 million a year.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 03, 2021 07:50AM
Lemon Drop
The woman has no business with a gun...

Maybe a case for "no business raising children".
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 03, 2021 07:54AM
Lux Interior
This is clearly the dog-owner's fault for for not properly training his dog and de-escalating the situation.

But let's just use that "liberal logic" and blame the patriotic American who used a gun to defend her helpless child.

Reminds me that I need to add this to the database of "Crimes prevented by guns."

Yeah but if she'd just leaned in a bit and gotten off a few more rounds she could've done in a couple of dog owners. Problem solved. Effort people. Effort.
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: June 03, 2021 10:11AM
Yesterday, based on several news events involving guns, my wife and I had a serious discussion about whether we ever want to visit the US again. This is quite a change from several years ago when she talked about wanting to buy a vacation property there.

Todd's ex-pat keyboard
Posted by: Ammo
Date: June 03, 2021 11:08AM
Lux Interior

You have no idea if she was “patriotic” or not. A little hyperbolic perhaps? Both parties are to blame.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: August West
Date: June 03, 2021 11:27AM
Amber Alert - Lost sense of humor.

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 03, 2021 05:48PM
August West
Amber Alert - Lost sense of humor.

Yep, the kid will live to be shot another day.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 04, 2021 01:23AM
I'm glad the dog is ok.

I hope the mother gets convicted.

She'll probably only be charged with one or more misdemeanors, no felonies.

In CA, being convicted of a felony mean no access to firearms.

I'm don't know if that's the case in TX.

To me, the headline seems accurate enough, for a headline.

After reading the article, which may or may not reflect the incident accurately, I don't see any mischaracterization on the part of the news source.

One of the weak points of the article was the lack of citing the activity of the boxer warranting 'shots fired'.

Being a puppy in public?

I'm inclined to think the shooter was far more stupid than 'hot-head'.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: June 04, 2021 07:46AM
I'm confused. Was it a black dog?

T's clicking-clackity
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020