advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Former Department of Health data analyst Rebekah Jones announces campaign for Congress
Posted by: p8712
Date: June 08, 2021 02:12PM
Good

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Former Florida Department of Health data analyst Rebekah Jones announced Monday night she is running for Congress in an effort to unseat U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla.

The announcement came hours after her Twitter account was suspended.

Jones told Tallahassee reporter Forrest Saunders that her account was suspended because of "overzealous" sharing of a recent Miami Herald article in which she blasted the Florida Department of Health and spoke about last year's raid at her home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2021 02:12PM by p8712.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Former Department of Health data analyst Rebekah Jones announces campaign for Congress
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 08, 2021 03:56PM
p8712
Good

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Former Florida Department of Health data analyst Rebekah Jones announced Monday night she is running for Congress in an effort to unseat U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla.

The announcement came hours after her Twitter account was suspended.

Jones told Tallahassee reporter Forrest Saunders that her account was suspended because of "overzealous" sharing of a recent Miami Herald article in which she blasted the Florida Department of Health and spoke about last year's raid at her home.

"Saunders asked Jones how seriously she is taking this.

'Taking a human sex trafficker out of Congress? Very interested,' she told him."

smiley-laughing001

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Re: Former Department of Health data analyst Rebekah Jones announces campaign for Congress
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 08, 2021 04:43PM
I hope she wins. She may be (jury's out) a bit wacky, but she's smart and a dedicated public servant. And I'd call Gaetz slime, if that didn't insult slime.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 08, 2021 04:54PM
anonymouse1
I hope she wins. She may be (jury's out) a bit wacky, but she's smart and a dedicated public servant. And I'd call Gaetz slime, if that didn't insult slime.

ANYTHING would be better than Gaetz, but I'm not sure about her. Everything she has done has been peppered with a dash of self promotion and that is always a red flag to me.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 08, 2021 05:14PM
hal
anonymouse1

ANYTHING would be better than Gaetz, but I'm not sure about her. Everything she has done has been peppered with a dash of self promotion and that is always a red flag to me.

I think that's a bit of her being a Millennial / Gen Z, very typical ... from her statements, that's the impression I've gotten. Me, me, me, look at how great I am.

But I agree that virtually anything over Gaetz would be an improvement.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: June 08, 2021 06:03PM
The self-promotion seems to have shown up only since she was (apparently) illegally fired. Do you have any info suggesting otherwise? I'd be interested to see it.

hal
anonymouse1

Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 08, 2021 07:28PM
She’s on the right side of science and legal-age dating. Two points in her favor. And she appears to be a fighter. Looks fine from here unless that Congressional district has a stronger candidate.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 08, 2021 07:33PM
No, I'd look at her twitter feed for some possibilities, but it's been frozen for 'account manipulation' - apparently she bought followers. Maybe that's just a thing youngsters do or maybe it's something else - I'm not sure. Her account of her arrest is quite different than what the body cams show. Maybe that's a case of nerves shading what happened - I doin't know. I'm not condemning her and I believe her accounts of what happened at work, but I'd worry about her seeing herself as a hero of the left that must follow up on this newly found fame and run with it. Righties do that a lot and I don't like it when they do it either.

I'm in a wait and see mode right now. If the election were today and I was eligible, I'd vote for her - of course. But if she had a contender in the primary, I'd give that contender a good look.

anonymouse1
The self-promotion seems to have shown up only since she was (apparently) illegally fired. Do you have any info suggesting otherwise? I'd be interested to see it.

hal
anonymouse1

Date: June 08, 2021 09:03PM
She's says she didn't buy followers, and that claims that she did are wrong.

For the rest of it, I think you make some good points.

One other point--she's been granted official whistleblower status by the state of Florida, and they don't give that out for nothing.

hal
No, I'd look at her twitter feed for some possibilities, but it's been frozen for 'account manipulation' - apparently she bought followers. Maybe that's just a thing youngsters do or maybe it's something else - I'm not sure. Her account of her arrest is quite different than what the body cams show. Maybe that's a case of nerves shading what happened - I doin't know. I'm not condemning her and I believe her accounts of what happened at work, but I'd worry about her seeing herself as a hero of the left that must follow up on this newly found fame and run with it. Righties do that a lot and I don't like it when they do it either.

I'm in a wait and see mode right now. If the election were today and I was eligible, I'd vote for her - of course. But if she had a contender in the primary, I'd give that contender a good look.

anonymouse1

hal
anonymouse1

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 08, 2021 10:20PM
Given Gaetz's district, the only realistic hope is for him to be primaried out.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 378
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020