advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Netanyahu will look to Trump and Republicans as routes back to power in Israel, experts say
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 08, 2021 06:55PM
barf smiley

… Telhami said that people on the far right in the US looking for allies against the Biden administration could see Netanyahu as a top candidate in that regard. With the Democratic party increasingly divided over US-Israel relations, and progressives pushing for an approach that shows more concern for Palestinians, Netanyahu could look to the exploit the situation.

Frankly, that’s what Netanyahu’s actions have been all about - his own political benefit.

"I wouldn't be surprised if [Netanyahu] starts intervening in our own elections at a personal level and links himself to Trump more and Trumpism, and plays the Republican card,"

I think it’s safe to say that Jewish heroes of our civil rights movement would be turning over in their graves.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Netanyahu will look to Trump and Republicans as routes back to power in Israel, experts say
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 08, 2021 08:03PM
Shibley Telhami, the Anwar Sadat professor for peace and development at the University of Maryland, told Insider.

sure thing. Have you ever even heard of this person before today?

Here's an even greater possibility based on available evidence=> Netanyahu goes to jail. Trump goes to jail.

Why not see what actually happens instead of finding people who back your uninformed wishes against the State of Israel.
(I don't like Netanyahu either, but I know there's nothing predicable about events in Israel's government right now.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2021 08:03PM by Steve G..
Re: Netanyahu will look to Trump and Republicans as routes back to power in Israel, experts say
Date: June 08, 2021 08:04PM
pdq

I think it’s safe to say that Jewish heroes of our civil rights movement would be turning over in their graves.

There is no basis for this opinion.

All the Jews I knew involved with civil rights were enthusiastic that Israel managed to beat back the Arab armies in 1967. It's called being against mass murder, which based on your justification of the murderous Hamas missile barrage, doesn't seem to interest you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2021 08:25PM by Steve G..
Posted by: Sam3
Date: June 09, 2021 03:14AM
Wow, nothing like an assault on a person's character. The response has nothing to do with the OP.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Date: June 09, 2021 09:19AM
duplicate post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2021 10:06AM by Steve G..
Date: June 09, 2021 09:20AM
Sam3
Wow, nothing like an assault on a person's character. The response has nothing to do with the OP.

I was referring to previous posts during the Hamas missile barrage attempting to excuse the efforts at mass murder.

Yes, it's his opinion and based on evidence, the opinion is wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2021 09:21AM by Steve G..
Posted by: Fritz
Date: June 09, 2021 02:47PM
both Netanyahoo and Hamas are wrong, deadly wrong.
Both are using their "constituents" as shields of faith.
Bebes gov't reaction is way over the top.
Hamas has brought a pencil to air warfare fight, purposely.
Bebe knows this and drags Israel into the muck of European comments.

Hamas and the PLO can't seem to get their own factions as one idea and develop a peace strategy of their own.

Both are their own worst enemy and both need to venture away from the 15th century and especially 1948 and start something.
African Americans have been shat upon in this country since the 1650s.
As long as Bebe is still in power and Hamas/PLO can't become a unified idea, we will be saying "so it goes ..."

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Date: June 09, 2021 03:17PM
Netanyahu's time is scheduled to end on Sunday.

I suggest the doom-criers about the new government should wait until then to see what happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 126
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020