advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Three Percenters militia members charged in U.S. Capitol attack
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 10, 2021 03:55PM

Now Booking August Presidential Inauguration Tours of Congress.

Three Percenters militia members charged in U.S. Capitol attack
[www.reuters.com]

U.S. prosecutors have charged six members of the right-wing Three Percenters militia group with conspiring to attack the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, an indictment unsealed on Thursday in federal court in Washington showed.

Federal prosecutors previously brought similar conspiracy cases against members of two other right-wing groups, The Oath Keepers and The Proud Boys. Those pending cases are the largest and most complex of the roughly 500 brought by the Justice Department in the months since the deadly attack carried out by supporters of former President Donald Trump.

Six men, all from California, were charged in the indictment: Alan Hostetter, Russell Taylor, Eric Scott Warner, Felipe Antonio "Tony" Martinez, Derek Kinnison and Ronald Mele.

According to the indictment, Hostetter founded a group in 2020 called the American Phoenix Project that protested restrictions on public gatherings imposed as a public health measure during the COVID-19 pandemic. That group became a platform to advocate violence against government leaders, according to the indictment.

Hostetter and Taylor had appeared with Roger Stone, a long-time friend and adviser of Trump, outside the U.S. Supreme Court at a protest against the outcome of the 2020 presidential election the day before the Capitol riot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2021 03:55PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Three Percenters militia members charged in U.S. Capitol attack
Posted by: p8712
Date: June 10, 2021 04:00PM
The bottom 3%...
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: June 10, 2021 05:36PM
It's interesting that there was enough of the DOJ and the FBI to carry on these investigations even though Trump was around until January 20th. The fact that there are serious felony charges -- conspiracy -- against the leaders of these groups means that they will be kept busy defending themselves and possibly being in jail for a good long time to come. I can't imagine less than several years prison time if they are convicted. I would like to think that trials, convictions, and prison sentences will take a lot of the wind out of that grandiose brag about "you cannot intimidate us" and all the stuff about shooting back. I like the statement in red on the poster, "Your Move."

I guess the feds took it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2021 05:36PM by Ca Bob.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 10, 2021 11:15PM
Roger Stone's personal hit squads... That dude is one fuzzy cat away from being a Bond Villain.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 11, 2021 02:26AM
"Your Move."

"Ok, check and mate."

At least I hope so.

Roger Stone's personal hit squads... That dude is one fuzzy cat away from being a Bond Villain.

POMTL!

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020