advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Guardian presents: Today's most ridiculously staged photograph
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 13, 2021 09:29AM
Today's staged propaganda photo courtesy of The Guardian. Were you duped by this one?

Beit Hanoun, Gaza-A Palestinian woman bathes her grandchildren in a bathtub in a building heavily damaged by Israeli attacks
Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Getty

1) Beit Hanoun in northern Gaza was a primary launching site for thousands of missiles directed at Israeli cities of Ashdod, Askelon and Tel Aviv. The IDF bombed the launch sites, which included extensive tunnels and buildings.

2) No specific photographer is cited by The Guardian...just anonymously to an agency

3) If this isn't a staged fraud by Hamas, then what is?

FYI: Askelon is 18 miles from Gaza, Ashdod is 26 miles, within range of even the worst Hamas missiles.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2021 09:43AM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Guardian presents: Today's most ridiculously staged photograph
Date: June 13, 2021 10:15AM

lightened for greater detail

ps Tel Aviv is about 40 miles from Gaza. Same distance as Baltimore rocketing Washington DC.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 13, 2021 12:21PM
Just for the record, Steve, which part is staged? Not the destroyed building, I assume. Nor the bathing, per se - Palestinian children do take baths, I would guess.

The bathtub does seem out of place, but I don't see any propaganda value in this. If anything, I would say the photo is meant to say Life goes on, despite the destruction.

...which I'm sure it does. Point is, I see a kind of absurdity, perhaps; but propaganda, no.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 13, 2021 12:49PM
Every shot of rubble is "staged."

Didn't you know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2021 12:49PM by Sarcany.
Posted by: neophyte
Date: June 13, 2021 01:03PM
Interesting that the tub landed upright, apparently undamaged, without its drainline attached, on top of all that concrete rubble, with no other surviving bathroom fixtures or piping in view.

I'll bet they just dragged the tub under cover from the hot sun.

Life indeed goes on.
Date: June 13, 2021 01:21PM
neophyte
Interesting that the tub landed upright, apparently undamaged, without its drainline attached, on top of all that concrete rubble, with no other surviving bathroom fixtures or piping in view.

I'll bet they just dragged the tub under cover from the hot sun.

because making your kids (in bathing suits) walk over rubble to a dragged bathtub is the kindest way to treat them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2021 01:23PM by Steve G..
Date: June 13, 2021 01:35PM
Sarcany
Every shot of rubble is "staged."

Didn't you know?

Rubble in the middle of a bombed Hamas rocket position or operations tunnel is real. Putting small children and weeping women in the middle of them is staged propaganda being presented as fact.

Here's a heroic 'Death To America' propaganda poster from Iran to make you feel good about 'heroic martyrs'.

or maybe you like your Hamas propaganda more direct...
Date: June 13, 2021 02:06PM
Please remember that the purpose of my posts is to illustrate how editors at Reuters, The Guardian and other outlets pass on this staged propaganda as news.

It is not news. It is not fact. It is propaganda meant to manipulate and dupe people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2021 02:07PM by Steve G..
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 13, 2021 02:24PM
Politics aside, what kind of teeny-tiny homes do y'all live in that that would be considered a "bathtub"?

Date: June 13, 2021 03:41PM
Kinda looks like they dragged it from the intact part of the building off to the right.

Date: June 13, 2021 04:11PM
Sarcany
Kinda looks like they dragged it from the intact part of the building off to the right.

Except the building was probably hit by the IDF because it was a Hamas missile launch site...not known as bathing places.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 13, 2021 04:23PM
They do seem to be enjoying themselves. But, very staged, laughably so.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: June 13, 2021 08:27PM
Steve G.
Sarcany

Except the building was probably hit by the IDF because it was a Hamas missile launch site...not known as bathing places.

Didn't you say they hide among civilians?

Make up your mind.

Date: June 13, 2021 08:44PM
Sarcany
Steve G.
Sarcany

Didn't you say they hide among civilians?

Make up your mind.

Yup, they tried as hard as possible to get their Gazan victims killed. The IDF outsmarted them with great intelligence work and pinpoint targeting (for instance, taking out one Hamas operative apartment in a building, after giving telephoned warnings to the residents.)

Perhaps you should be asking why Hamas allows women no rights, tortures and kills gay people, tortures and kills anyone criticizing them, diverts humanitarian aid to build military sites, executes anyone they wish to call spies and never, never ever hold elections or manifest anything like democracy. Instead you defend staged propaganda pictures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2021 08:45PM by Steve G..
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 13, 2021 09:14PM
‘ If this isn't a staged fraud by Hamas, then what is? ‘

Of course, staged, because Palestinians are devious and untrustworthy; besides you posted this in red, so it must be true!

/sarc

“ The IDF outsmarted them with great intelligence work and pinpoint targeting (for instance, taking out one Hamas operative apartment in a building, after giving telephoned warnings to the residents.) ”

And their poop doesn’t stink!! hail smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2021 09:14PM by btfc.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 13, 2021 09:17PM
Note the main support structures are marked as unsafe ? The building is being prepped for full demolition. This photograph is decidedly unsafe. Totally staged.

But.. it does tug at the heartstrings ?

So G... can you share images of the destruction in Israel from Hamas' missile swarms ? We're not denying that Hamas fired a whole bunch of missiles. And upgraded their technology with Iranian help.

[www.timesofisrael.com]
Date: June 13, 2021 09:50PM
Steve G.
Perhaps you should be asking why Hamas allows women no rights, tortures and kills gay people, tortures and kills anyone criticizing them, diverts humanitarian aid to build military sites, executes anyone they wish to call spies and never, never ever hold elections or manifest anything like democracy. Instead you defend staged propaganda pictures.

Perhaps those (alleged) matters are not the same as the matter of "staged" photos.

Posted by: bfd
Date: June 13, 2021 09:51PM
The J&J Baby Shampoo is a nice touch…
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 13, 2021 10:06PM
“ The J&J Baby Shampoo is a nice touch… “

No more tears.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 14, 2021 06:14AM
In Steve's defense, as a retired Photo Editor, that image would have raised concerns of being staged. While there is no single smoking gun, it is the myriad of small clues that would have caused pause. I would not have backed publishing it due to those concerns.

I'm am not saying it is propaganda, more than likely just an overzealous freelance photographer trying to get an image distributed. Getting a photo sent out is the only way photographers get paid for features. While I understand the reason for the payment policy used by the wire services, it creates its own issues in the ethics arena for some publications.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Janit
Date: June 14, 2021 09:48AM
Ombligo
In Steve's defense, as a retired Photo Editor, that image would have raised concerns of being staged. While there is no single smoking gun, it is the myriad of small clues that would have caused pause. I would not have backed publishing it due to those concerns.

I'm am not saying it is propaganda, more than likely just an overzealous freelance photographer trying to get an image distributed. Getting a photo sent out is the only way photographers get paid for features. While I understand the reason for the payment policy used by the wire services, it creates its own issues in the ethics arena for some publications.

I'd be interested in hearing about the clues you see.
Date: June 14, 2021 09:53AM
Ombligo
While I understand the reason for the payment policy used by the wire services, it creates its own issues in the ethics arena for some publications.

Obviously no issues for The Guardian, which presents it as one of the most important photos of the day.
Date: June 14, 2021 12:05PM
cbelt3

So G... can you share images of the destruction in Israel from Hamas' missile swarms ?

The Iron Dome missiles stopped most of them. Israel protects its people, not using them as shields like Hamas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 402
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020