advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
shot in the dark?!....this U.S. Olympic athlete still isn't vaccinated.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 12, 2021 06:04PM
.....the news was talking about how an outbreak in Tokyo has resulted in even stricter protocols....then they mentioned this U.S. Olympic athletes still won't get vaccinated......

U.S. Olympic swimmer Michael Andrew won't get vaccinated

....Just a few weeks out from the Tokyo Olympics, former 100-meter individual medley world champion Michael Andrew said he will not receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

Andrew, 22, is heading to his first Olympic Games with Team USA, where he'll compete in the 100-meter breaststroke, 200-meter individual medley and 50-meter freestyle.

"My reason behind it is -- for one, it was in the last moment I didn't want to put anything in my body that I didn't know how I would potentially react to," Andrew told reporters on a conference call. "As an athlete on the elite level, everything we do is very calculated. For me in the training cycles and especially at trials, I didn't want to risk any days out, because there are periods where if you take a vaccine, you have to deal with some days off."

Andrew later said he would not get vaccinated in the "distant future," either, revealing it was more than a matter of timing.

Olympic athletes are not required to be vaccinated in order to travel to Tokyo, but Japan this week declared a state of emergency due to rising COVID-19 infections. That, in turn, led organizers to ban spectators at the Games, scheduled for July 23-Aug. 8.

Andrew said he'll comply with all COVID-19 protocols while in Tokyo -- "lots of testing, masks, socially distanced, obviously staying away from the crowds, everything like that."

Andrew placed first in the 100-meter breaststroke at U.S. Olympic Trials last month.

refuses to get vaccinated.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2021 06:11PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: shot in the dark?!....this U.S. Olympic athlete still isn't vaccinated.....
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 12, 2021 06:08PM
The way people do risk assessment is interesting. If he tests positive for Covid his Olympic dreams are over.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 12, 2021 10:02PM
If Japan says no entry, his dreams are over as well. They could also allow entry and require 14-days of quarantine.

Either decision regarding the self-righteous prick wouldn't bother me.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 13, 2021 05:30AM
Japan is not requiring vaccination for athletes. They will do rigorous testing.

Given that many of them are from countries where very few are vaccinated, I guess it makes sense out of fairness regarding access. But it also points to the high risk of even having these Games.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 13, 2021 10:31AM
A person can swim fast and still be stupid.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 13, 2021 08:06PM
to paraphrase myself, you can lead a swimmer to water, but you can't fix stupid.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020