advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
yanking my chain?!....breaking news: Yankees game canceled due to positive COVID tests.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 15, 2021 05:54PM
.....so far 3 positive test but more are pending......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: yanking my chain?!....breaking news: Yankees game canceled due to positive COVID tests.....
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 15, 2021 06:25PM
Idiots.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: yanking my chain?!....breaking news: Yankees game canceled due to positive COVID tests.....
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 15, 2021 07:13PM
"M.L.B. postponed the game because three Yankees pitchers — Nestor Cortes Jr., Jonathan Loaisiga and Wandy Peralta, each of whom is vaccinated — had tested positive for the coronavirus. General Manager Brian Cashman said three other players had tested positive through multiple rapid tests, and that the team expected those players’ laboratory test results to also come back positive.

The Yankees have reached the 85 percent vaccination rate M.L.B. requires to operate under relaxed Covid protocols, but Cashman said the team had again experienced breakthrough cases, two months after an outbreak of nine cases, mostly within the coaching staff."

The Olympics are going to be a nightmare.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2021 07:14PM by Lemon Drop.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 15, 2021 07:27PM
Lemon Drop
The Yankees have reached the 85 percent vaccination rate M.L.B. requires to operate under relaxed Covid protocols, but Cashman said the team had again experienced breakthrough cases, two months after an outbreak of nine cases, mostly within the coaching staff."

Unless team members associate only with one another, the team's vaccination percentage doesn't guarantee any team member protection against infection. For that to happen, the general population must achieve herd immunity levels of vaccination.

It is what it is.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 15, 2021 09:42PM
Too many vaccinated Yankees are testing positive. This is weird. These are either false positives or they magically got bad batches.
Date: July 15, 2021 10:04PM
.....maybe they are just Yankee Doodle Dandies.....???

Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: July 15, 2021 10:05PM
deckeda
Too many vaccinated Yankees are testing positive. This is weird. These are either false positives or they magically got bad batches.

I'm not so sure. The Delta seems to be infecting vaccinated people, however the symptoms are mild or non existent. The players are tested regularly, so it isn't that surprising that asymptomatic cases are being caught that aren't in the general population.

The real cause for concern is that if Delta is running relatively symptom free through the vaccinated it is going to be really bad when those people start mingling with the non vaccinated.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2021 10:05PM by C(-)ris.
Date: July 15, 2021 10:28PM
.....and the vaccinated may become carriers......

Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 15, 2021 11:10PM
NewtonMP2100
.....and the vaccinated may become carriers......

This^

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 16, 2021 07:32AM
C(-)ris
The real cause for concern is that if Delta is running relatively symptom free through the vaccinated it is going to be really bad when those people start mingling with the non vaccinated.

Given the number of young people getting it, the start of the school year could lead to disaster.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 17, 2021 12:23PM
Call me skeptical that all of these players REALLY were vaccinated. How is this validated? If it's the 'honor' system, or 'provide proof from a doctor', I think there is a real chance players 'fudged' their answers.

But if none need hospitalization, then I will believe it. The main purposes of vaccines are 1) to prevent someone getting the disease 2) when they DO get it, their severity is much lower 3) reducing their transmission to others when they DO get the disease.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 17, 2021 01:08PM
They are still looking for evidence to support #3 and quantify the effect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 393
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020