AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Virus cases rising, mask mandate back on in Los Angeles
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 15, 2021 08:04PM
Coming to your stupid no-vax city soon

With virus cases rising, mask mandate back on in Los Angeles
[apnews.com]

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles County will again require masks be worn indoors in the nation’s largest county, even by those vaccinated against the coronavirus, while the University of California system also said Thursday that students, faculty and staff must be inoculated against the disease to return to campuses.

The announcements come amid a sharp increase in virus cases, many of them the highly transmissible delta variant that has proliferated since California fully reopened its economy on June 15 and did away with capacity limits and social distancing. The vast majority of new cases are among unvaccinated people.

The rapid and sustained increase in cases in Los Angeles County requires restoring an indoor mask mandate, said Dr. Muntu Davis, public health officer for the county’s 10 million people. The public health order will go into effect just before midnight Saturday.

“This is an all-hands-on-deck moment,” Davis said during a virtual news conference.

He didn’t fully detail what would be some exceptions to the mask rule but said, for example, people could still take off their masks while eating and drinking at restaurants.

Davis said officials will focus on education rather than enforcement. Handing out citations to people who don’t comply is “not something we really want to have to do,” he said.

Los Angeles County has been recording more than 1,000 new cases each day for a week, and there is now “substantial community transmission,” Davis said. On Thursday, there were 1,537 new cases, and hospitalizations have now topped 400.

“The next level is high transmission, and that’s not a place where we want to be,” he said.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Virus cases rising, mask mandate back on in Los Angeles
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: July 15, 2021 10:00PM
Interesting. I figured it would be impossible to reimplement the mask mandate once it was lifted.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 15, 2021 11:13PM
C(-)ris
Interesting. I figured it would be impossible to reimplement the mask mandate once it was lifted.

They have to do it to protect the unvaccinated.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 16, 2021 06:26AM
C(-)ris

Compliance is voluntary. We'll watch how it goes because other places will follow.
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: July 16, 2021 10:21AM
Steve G.
...The vast majority of new cases are among unvaccinated people...Los Angeles County has been recording more than 1,000 new cases each day for a week, and there is now “substantial community transmission,”...

Wow - who could have seen that coming? facepalm
Posted by: testcase
Date: July 16, 2021 01:18PM
Just heard this morning on NBC's Today Show that in TN, COVID is up 350% in the last two weeks. I had to go out yesterday to resupply. Supermarket staff NO longer wearing masks. I was one of the rare shoppers STILL wearing a mask (my momma DID raise a fool BUT, that's my brother)..

Death fixes stupid.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 16, 2021 03:28PM
testcase
Death fixes stupid.

Unfortunately death does not discriminate and only take the stupid in cases like this. Many will get ill, have long term effects, and what is worse go on to infect others. Those others may be those too young for the vaccine or those who cannot take the vaccine for legitimate medical reasons.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 16, 2021 04:04PM
JoeH
testcase
Death fixes stupid.

Unfortunately death does not discriminate and only take the stupid in cases like this. Many will get ill, have long term effects, and what is worse go on to infect others. Those others may be those too young for the vaccine or those who cannot take the vaccine for legitimate medical reasons.

When that yahoo runs a red light, hits you, and you need to be taken to the emergency room in an ambulance…
But the hospital is already overwhelmed with COVID cases, so they can’t accept you…
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 16, 2021 05:33PM
DeusxMac
JoeH
testcase
Death fixes stupid.

When that yahoo runs a red light, hits you, and you need to be taken to the emergency room in an ambulance…
But the hospital is already overwhelmed with COVID cases, so they can’t accept you…

I don't see why Covid anti-vaccers would stay in the hospital if the doctors there told them they had Covid. After all, they don't trust that those doctors are telling the truth about the vaccine so why would they trust them to know how to deal with treating the disease.

e pluribus unum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020