advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
You know that expensive placebo that right-wing orgs have been pushing as a COVID cure all over the world and on TV in Congressional testimony? Yeah, it's a fake. Bet you knew that already.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 18, 2021 12:09AM
[www.theguardian.com]

Huge study supporting ivermectin as Covid treatment withdrawn over ethical concerns

The efficacy of a drug being promoted by rightwing figures worldwide for treating Covid-19 is in serious doubt after a major study suggesting the treatment is effective against the virus was withdrawn due to “ethical concerns”.

The preprint study on the efficacy and safety of ivermectin – a drug used against parasites such as worms and headlice – in treating Covid-19, led by Dr Ahmed Elgazzar from Benha University in Egypt, was published on the Research Square website in November...

It claimed to be a randomised control trial, a type of study crucial in medicine because it is considered to provide the most reliable evidence...

A medical student in London, Jack Lawrence, was among the first to identify serious concerns about the paper, leading to the retraction. He first became aware of the Elgazzar preprint when it was assigned to him by one of his lecturers for an assignment that formed part of his master’s degree. He found the introduction section of the paper appeared to have been almost entirely plagiarised.

It appeared that the authors had run entire paragraphs from press releases and websites about ivermectin and Covid-19 through a thesaurus to change key words. “Humorously, this led to them changing ‘severe acute respiratory syndrome’ to ‘extreme intense respiratory syndrome’ on one occasion,” Lawrence said.

The data also looked suspicious to Lawrence, with the raw data apparently contradicting the study protocol on several occasions.

“The authors claimed to have done the study only on 18-80 year olds, but at least three patients in the dataset were under 18,” Lawrence said.

“The authors claimed they conducted the study between the 8th of June and 20th of September 2020, however most of the patients who died were admitted into hospital and died before the 8th of June according to the raw data. The data was also terribly formatted, and includes one patient who left hospital on the non-existent date of 31/06/2020.”...

“If you remove this one study from the scientific literature, suddenly there are very few positive randomised control trials of ivermectin for Covid-19. Indeed, if you get rid of just this research, most meta-analyses that have found positive results would have their conclusions entirely reversed.”

Here are a bunch of people ridiculing a doctor for questioning the trials seven months ago.
[www.youtube.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: You know that expensive placebo that right-wing orgs have been pushing as a COVID cure all over the world and on TV in Congressional testimony? Yeah, it's a fake. Bet you knew that already.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 18, 2021 03:04AM
Pink Floyd had it right … “ and the worms ate into his brain …”
Re: You know that expensive placebo that right-wing orgs have been pushing as a COVID cure all over the world and on TV in Congressional testimony? Yeah, it's a fake. Bet you knew that already.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: July 18, 2021 04:12AM
Good summary. Here is an exhaustive account of why research fraud may be involved and how removing this one terrible study nullifies the metadata papers.

[respectfulinsolence.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2021 04:14AM by Ca Bob.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: July 18, 2021 10:24AM
I can confirm that there are people taking Ivermectin daily and have spoken to one personally that took several ounces in Mountain Dew for three days because he was exposed to Covid just to ward it off, SMH. Our large animal vet we use here on the farm said while shaking his head, "I have one client that's putting 5cc of it in his orange juice every morning." It's cattle and horse wormer meant to be applied to their backs. You're not even supposed to let a cow drink it or get it into their eyes. Why on earth would someone use this over a vaccine? People get shots and vaccines and, like me lately, numerous contrast IV fluids for imaging all the time and never question what's in it for one second.

Grateful11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2021 10:25AM by Grateful11.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 18, 2021 12:55PM
Let them die.

It is what it is.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 18, 2021 04:03PM
Let them die.

You know, I really, really don't want to think like that.

I really don't.

But the more I see of weird, inexplicable behavior...

Why on earth would someone use this over a vaccine?

The more I think 'Ya know...'

Multiple studies say one has a better chance of winning a Power Ball lottery than having a bad or even deadly reaction to a vaccine.

Yet 'I won't get chipped, but some FB guy said a teaspoon a day of MOS2 will protect me, so I'm getting a couple quarts of Mobil 1 for my Wheaties!'

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 18, 2021 04:35PM
RAMd®d
Let them die.

You know, I really, really don't want to think like that.

I really don't.

I don't, either.

But we seem to have reached a point with these people where we no can longer save them from themselves. They reject science. They embrace voodooism. They lionize and legitimize false leaders. Much like the archetypical alcoholic or drug addict, they will change only when they are ready to change -- and all too often, they meet their end before they reach that realization. In the meanwhile, like the archetypical alcoholic or drug addict, they tend to pull those around them down with them.

Until they are ready to change, there is nothing that can be done for them. So let them die. Allow them to suffer the consequences of their decisions. Once enough non-vaccinated people have died from COVID that they begin to put two and two together, hopefully things will change.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2021 04:48PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 18, 2021 04:38PM
They will never change or wise up or see the light or repent. Their brains are maxed out.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 18, 2021 08:24PM
and here I was going to do a two-for-one for this stuff from my hoard of hydroxychloroquine
quel disappointment!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 130
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020