advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Texas Senate Passes Bill to Remove Required Lessons on Civil Rights Movements From Public School Curriculums
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 19, 2021 09:33AM
Texas decides textbooks for the whole country

Public schools in Texas are one step closer to no longer being required to teach about various American civil rights movements in social studies classes.

Bloomberg reports that on Friday, the state Senate voted 18-4 to pass Senate Bill 3, which drops requirements for teachers to include lessons on Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony, the history of Native Americans, the writings of Martin Luther King, Jr. and other figures and documents in their curriculums.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Texas Senate Passes Bill to Remove Required Lessons on Civil Rights Movements From Public School Curriculums
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 19, 2021 10:32AM
What is it with white people in Texas these days?
Re: Texas Senate Passes Bill to Remove Required Lessons on Civil Rights Movements From Public School Curriculums
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 19, 2021 10:49AM
Acer

Posted by: p8712
Date: July 19, 2021 11:17AM
Acer

How dare you bring race into this!
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 19, 2021 11:43AM
Acer

Snowflakes.

They are very easily offended.
Date: July 19, 2021 01:58PM
p8712
Acer

Sorry, I forgot Susan B. Anthony was on the list. I should have said "white men."
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 19, 2021 02:14PM
Acer
p8712
Acer

Sorry, I forgot Susan B. Anthony was on the list. I should have said "white men."

Eh, "white people" still works. I still come across quite a few women who aren't happy with Susan B. and her compatriots.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 19, 2021 02:45PM
I still come across quite a few women who aren't happy with Susan B. and her compatriots.

Do you ever agree and opine how we'd all be better off if women didn't have the right to vote and only a few be qualified to be given the privilege?

That could make for some fun intercourse.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 19, 2021 03:03PM
RAMd®d
I still come across quite a few women who aren't happy with Susan B. and her compatriots.

Do you ever agree and opine how we'd all be better off if women didn't have the right to vote and only a few be qualified to be given the privilege?

Oh, it might. But I usually do my best to move on. I suspect the vote part would be vigorously argued that they deserved the vote.... so they could vote the way their husband, boyfriend, etc was voting
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 19, 2021 03:39PM
RAMd®d

That might make for no intercourse.
Posted by: Don C
Date: July 19, 2021 05:07PM
The couple that bought this house in the 1940's were both chiropractors. They literally had his and her chairs in what is now our living room. The waiting room was in the parlor.

Their daughter, from whom we bought the house a few years ago told us that every now and again her mother would be arrested for practicing medicine without a license, but of course, Indiana did not give licenses to women at the time. At least one time, she went before the judge, who told the prosecutor to drop the case immediately. The judge's mother was a customer and he would have hell to pay if he stopped her from practicing.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 19, 2021 05:39PM
Don C
The couple that bought this house in the 1940's were both chiropractors. They literally had his and her chairs in what is now our living room. The waiting room was in the parlor.

Their daughter, from whom we bought the house a few years ago told us that every now and again her mother would be arrested for practicing medicine without a license, but of course, Indiana did not give licenses to women at the time. At least one time, she went before the judge, who told the prosecutor to drop the case immediately. The judge's mother was a customer and he would have hell to pay if he stopped her from practicing.

Too bad. Dangerous charlatans belong in jail.

Witches have more credibility than chiropractors.

You'll get better treatment from a licensed massage therapist. With less risk of paralysis and stroke.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 19, 2021 06:50PM
Lux Interior
Acer

Snowflakes.

They are very easily offended.

It's more than that.

It is what it is.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 19, 2021 06:51PM
Lemon Drop
RAMd®d

ftw smiley smiley-laughing001 smiley-laughing001 smiley-laughing001

It is what it is.
Date: July 19, 2021 07:26PM
Sarcany
Don C

Too bad. Dangerous charlatans belong in jail.

Witches have more credibility than chiropractors.

You'll get better treatment from a licensed massage therapist. With less risk of paralysis and stroke.

True story: I have a relative, in his 20's, have a stroke after a massage session (recovered). His massager damaged a blood vessel at the base of his skull.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 19, 2021 08:19PM
Don C

Cool story.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 20, 2021 04:17PM
Lemon Drop
RAMd®d

Yes, but my mind veered further off topic that both of you. I have many worlds flying around in my skull.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 20, 2021 05:12PM
In a bill that just passed the state’s Senate, Texas public school students would no longer be required to learn about the Ku Klux Klan or that the group’s white supremacy is “morally wrong.”

In the Republican-controlled state, two dozen curricula that were once required in public schools, like teaching about Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the accomplishments of labor leader and leftist activist Cesar Chavez, the writings of women’s suffragist movement leader Susan B. Anthony, and Native American history, are no longer required staples of Texas education
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 20, 2021 07:32PM
Steve G.
In a bill that just passed the state’s Senate, Texas public school students would no longer be required to learn about the Ku Klux Klan or that the group’s white supremacy is “morally wrong.”

In the Republican-controlled state, two dozen curricula that were once required in public schools, like teaching about Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the accomplishments of labor leader and leftist activist Cesar Chavez, the writings of women’s suffragist movement leader Susan B. Anthony, and Native American history, are no longer required staples of Texas education

Well, shucks, there are "alternate points of view" on those people/topics so why not let the kids hear "both sides" and decide for themselves. Of course, we are also going to discourage "too much" critical thinking because that is dangerous.

The Trumplican Party has become an ethical reflection of their quasi-messiah, Trump - they have become moral relativists so as to allow their views that "those people" don't deserve to be known as the bearers of truth can be given equal consideration with the notion that those people do deserve to known as bearers of truth.

e pluribus unum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 398
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020