advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Fauci slams Paul Rand during Senate hearing
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 20, 2021 04:41PM
“Sen. Paul, you do not know what you are talking about, quite frankly,” Fauci continued. “And I want to say that officially.”

And thus it went during a hearing of the Senate Health Committee on Tuesday, during which the two sparred over the origins of the coronavirus pandemic.

[www.yahoo.com]

Good for Fauci, that pompous Rand needs to be slapped down, He has done enough damage and killed too many people with his quackery

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Fauci slams Paul Rand during Senate hearing
Posted by: hal
Date: July 20, 2021 04:54PM
It's about time! Fauci has had to testify as much as HRC and it's always Paul doing the needling.
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 20, 2021 05:07PM
Rand should stick to eyes or teeth..whatever he is in the medical profession.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 20, 2021 05:17PM
It's the voters of Kentucky who are to blame for this idiocy...they put both Paul and McConnell into office.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 20, 2021 06:32PM
Steve G.
It's the voters of Kentucky who are to blame for this idiocy...they put both Paul and McConnell into office.

And, weirdly, Kentuckians are proud of it.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 20, 2021 08:14PM
I can watch Fauci do this all day.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 20, 2021 09:14PM
Someone new needs to move in next to Rand Paul and beat the @#$%& out of him.

And BTW, I just saw an edited version of the video on a cable news channel. Wow, Fauci was pissed! Justifiably.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2021 09:17PM by AllGold.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 21, 2021 09:12AM
And that exchange is a perfect example why we will NEVER know the origin of Sars-Cov-2.

Senator Paul had stolen and re-purposed just enough of the language for people that want to believe in the Evil NIH that they will support HIS side.

The rest of the world lives in reality. The science supported by the NIH has nothing to do with COVID-19 directly. BUT the lab COULD have used the funds for other, nefarious research. We truly will never know.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 21, 2021 09:37AM
Don't call a consummate professional who has been managing pandemic responses for over 50 years a liar. Dr. Fauci is 80 years old. He is no longer in a position where he has to sit silent while Orange morons lie to the public. Protecting him is the best thing that Biden could have ever done to save American lives.

The man is a national treasure.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 21, 2021 11:32AM
BUT the lab COULD have used the funds for other, nefarious research. We truly will never know.

On NOT.

We will never truly know, and Rand and his ilk will keep it that way.

By not letting Fauci speak, Rand keeps FUD alive.

The last thing he wants is Fauci providing a reasoned explanation why Rand is a clueless liar.

And I wish The Gavel had responded to Rand in the same manner and degree as Fauci.

'No Sen. Rand, your time is up and you are out of order...'

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 21, 2021 11:59AM
I would love to hear any witness respond to Paul, or any of his ilk, with a calm…

“Senator, if YOU’RE just going to make a speech, there’s no reason for ME to be here.”

“If YOU’RE going to ask ME questions, but not allow ME to answer them, there’s no purpose in ME being here.”
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 21, 2021 01:04PM
DeusxMac
I would love to hear any witness respond to Paul, or any of his ilk, with a calm…

“Senator, if YOU’RE just going to make a speech, there’s no reason for ME to be here.”

“If YOU’RE going to ask ME questions, but not allow ME to answer them, there’s no purpose in ME being here.”

For real.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 21, 2021 01:09PM
sekker
And that exchange is a perfect example why we will NEVER know the origin of Sars-Cov-2.

Senator Paul had stolen and re-purposed just enough of the language for people that want to believe in the Evil NIH that they will support HIS side.

The rest of the world lives in reality. The science supported by the NIH has nothing to do with COVID-19 directly. BUT the lab COULD have used the funds for other, nefarious research. We truly will never know.

I don't know that I agree with this. The "gain-of-function" research claim has no apparent basis. Two different fact-checker websites call Paul out on his claim:

[www.factcheck.org]
[www.washingtonpost.com]

... it's important to make the differentiation that just because we don't know something now, doesn't mean it's ultimately unknowable. Based on the available information, it's exceedingly improbable that SARS-CoV-2 came from gain-of-function research done at Wuhan. What IS possible is that it leaked from the lab after having been isolated from a sample collected from the wet market or elsewhere. But even that possibility, the evidence is pretty strongly against that too: [www.scmp.com]

... the disinformation and crazy claims made by Paul are apparently the basis of what the nurse said to me at my home visit that I posted about here earlier ... she and others are apparently interpreting what Paul and others have said to mean that Fauci himself was personally responsible for the creation of the virus and therefore cannot be trusted. RollingEyesSmiley5 facepalm

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: neophyte
Date: July 21, 2021 01:41PM
Ombligo
“Sen. Paul, you do not know what you are talking about, quite frankly,” Fauci continued. “And I want to say that officially.”

Or, as Dan Akroyd said back in the day: "Jane, you ignorant sl_t"
Date: July 21, 2021 02:20PM
PeterB
sekker

I don't know that I agree with this. The "gain-of-function" research claim has no apparent basis. Two different fact-checker websites call Paul out on his claim:

[www.factcheck.org]
[www.washingtonpost.com]

... it's important to make the differentiation that just because we don't know something now, doesn't mean it's ultimately unknowable. Based on the available information, it's exceedingly improbable that SARS-CoV-2 came from gain-of-function research done at Wuhan. What IS possible is that it leaked from the lab after having been isolated from a sample collected from the wet market or elsewhere. But even that possibility, the evidence is pretty strongly against that too: [www.scmp.com]

... the disinformation and crazy claims made by Paul are apparently the basis of what the nurse said to me at my home visit that I posted about here earlier ... she and others are apparently interpreting what Paul and others have said to mean that Fauci himself was personally responsible for the creation of the virus and therefore cannot be trusted. RollingEyesSmiley5 facepalm

I do not doubt that the claims by the Senator are wrong. But he uses just enough language to fool many.
Date: July 21, 2021 02:22PM
RAMd®d
BUT the lab COULD have used the funds for other, nefarious research. We truly will never know.

On NOT.

'

We will not know. And the political system will make sure of it, which was my point.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 21, 2021 03:45PM
sekker, that's the point -- we cannot let politics dictate the truth at this point. (As had been happening for the previous four years; quite possibly the worst damage Dump made to our society.) We all now find ourselves in literally a life-or-death situation, where disinformation and the willful dissemination of untruths are now directly killing people. (See also the post hal made above, about the Alabama story.)

There IS a truth in this situation, and we should let those qualified (scientists, doctors, NOT politicians) discover what it is.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 21, 2021 05:48PM
sekker

I do not doubt that the claims by the Senator are wrong. But he uses just enough language to fool many.

Yeah, if you are talking to people who want to believe something badly enough, then all you need to do is come up with claims that are superficially plausible with the right spin even if they are bereft of any veracity.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 22, 2021 01:42PM
We will not know. And the political system will make sure of it, which was my point.

Which is what I said as well, in that same post, and the context being (despite my typo, corrected here:

BUT the lab COULD have used the funds for other, nefarious research...

Or NOT.

Is his line of question typical of Sen. Rant?

The only reason I paid any attention was because the subject line.

Fauci was pretty awesome in his ire.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020