advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Not really political, but I guess it could be so...
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: July 21, 2021 06:12PM
I have no intention of searching this, just commenting on the barrage of commercials I'm seeing on my local news channel.

"News Nation". They are pushing with ads to get you so search your local cable provider to find them.
Don't care, not going to.

My comment is, why do the 'news anchors' in the promos all look so pasty and pale? They must have 2 inches of makeup on. Zombi-fied death warmed over. I couldn't watch that even if the news was excellent and factual.
Just my opinion.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Not really political, but I guess it could be so...
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 21, 2021 06:44PM
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 21, 2021 08:23PM
WGN America will change its name to NewsNation, moving to compete with CNN, Fox, MSNBC. The set of “NewsNation” at the WGN studios in Chicago. Nexstar Media Group is changing the name of its cable network WGN America to NewsNation, a major step in converting the channel into a full-time TV news operation.Jan 25, 2021
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 21, 2021 08:46PM
What America needs - another cable news channel with airtime to fill. Wonder what niche they'll go after.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2021 08:46PM by RgrF.
Posted by: kj
Date: July 21, 2021 11:40PM
It looks like they are presently less biased than most, but you know that won't last long.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 22, 2021 07:51AM
kj
It looks like they are presently less biased than most, but you know that won't last long.

I’m glad to hear they are less biased because last time I tuned into WGN it was right-wing haters.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 22, 2021 08:24AM
I used to listen after midnight and they started firing talk show hosts who had been there for decades and bringing in right wing bull @#$%&.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 22, 2021 10:57AM
Their About page doesn’t mention a change away from what they were doing as WGN. The homepage looks like a fishing exposition to see what people will click on from the mishmash.
Posted by: kj
Date: July 22, 2021 04:16PM
Speedy
kj

I’m glad to hear they are less biased because last time I tuned into WGN it was right-wing haters.

I don't know if the sites I looked at that measure inflammatory language, etc. are valid, but that's what the three I looked at said. They rated Fox really low, so hey, face validity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020