advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Hill-HarrisX poll: "Nearly 3 in 4 support reinstating mask mandates if COVID-19 cases rise"
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 21, 2021 09:02PM
[thehill.com]

Ninety-three percent of Democrats said they support reinstating mask mandates if their areas sees an upswing in COVID-19 cases, along with 71 percent of independents and 59 percent of Republicans.

Claim is that there is a +/- 3% margin of error, but, of course, it's just one poll. Never-the-less, it's a little bit encouraging.

e pluribus unum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2021 09:38PM by Ted King.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hill-HarrisX poll: "Nearly 3 in 4 support reinstating mask mandates if COVID-19 cases rise"
Posted by: testcase
Date: July 22, 2021 12:24AM
Mask mandates, social distancing extra sanitation procedures etc should NOT have been lifted so early. I know; "wah, wah, wah, I don't want to be inconvenienced, EVERYBODY else should change their lives to accommodate ME".

It would be poetic justice if all these crybabies contracted COVID and died.
Re: Hill-HarrisX poll: "Nearly 3 in 4 support reinstating mask mandates if COVID-19 cases rise"
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 22, 2021 12:41AM
Politicians are the driving force, they stick a finger in the wind (focus group) and decide where their future lies.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 22, 2021 01:26AM
You know what they say "An ounce of prevention...."

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 22, 2021 01:32AM
testcase
Mask mandates, social distancing extra sanitation procedures etc should NOT have been lifted so early. I know; "wah, wah, wah, I don't want to be inconvenienced, EVERYBODY else should change their lives to accommodate ME".

It would be poetic justice if all these crybabies contracted COVID and died.

Those "crybabies" are the ones who performed their civic duty by GETTING VACCINATED. Myself included.

But thanks for the well-wishes.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 22, 2021 07:24AM
I think that poll would look differently if it were regional instead of partisan.

Front page in my local paper today: Gov McMaster ignored state health dept guidance when he lifted mask mandates.

Now cases, hospitalizations and deaths are spiking again in South Carolina, and the special COVID ICU units may have to reopen. State is at 44% fully vaccinated.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 22, 2021 07:32AM
IF?

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 22, 2021 07:43AM
What is this mask mandate you speak of?
<sarcasm>

Our governor doesn’t hold with those. RollingEyesSmiley5

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: July 22, 2021 08:52AM
Lemon Drop
I think that poll would look differently if it were regional instead of partisan.

Yes. I would like to see both the partisan breakdown (that they already did) and a regional breakdown.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 22, 2021 11:02AM
Story in WaPo about how L.A. sub-cities all up in arms about mandates. Several want to break away from the County health dept and form their own departments.

Lots of little fiefdoms all wanting freedom but not responsibility.

They don’t want business hurt now, but have zero plan for ensuring business stay healthy if people don’t show up for work.

me, me me
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 22, 2021 11:04AM
I'm surprised DeathSantis hasn't made mask wearing a crime

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 22, 2021 12:05PM
Ombligo
I'm surprised DeathSantis hasn't made mask wearing a crime

Give him time.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 22, 2021 12:37PM
amazing that idiot is a guvnuh.
Owen the cat has left more intelligence behind him.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 23, 2021 02:44PM
I don't see any news on TV aside from Maddow, only on radio, and really, only when I drive.

Online, I don't search much, just follow posted links that seem interesting.

So, is anybody in mainstream news media taking governors to task for fiddling while their state burns?

Or even without editorializing, just saying something akin to 'On Monday Gov. __________ abolished mask wearing mandates (and voting rights). As of seven days later, COVID deaths have increased by ______ number or ______ percent.

I've seen a few online news reports from local new stations (not FOX) and unlike CNN or MSNBC, the two haven't seemed to ever be mentioned together, as the the station didn't want to be seen as violating the 'correlations is not causation' principle.

Just wondering...

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 23, 2021 02:58PM
RAMd®d
I don't see any news on TV aside from Maddow, only on radio, and really, only when I drive.

Online, I don't search much, just follow posted links that seem interesting.

So, is anybody in mainstream news media taking governors to task for fiddling while their state burns?

Or even without editorializing, just saying something akin to 'On Monday Gov. __________ abolished mask wearing mandates (and voting rights). As of seven days later, COVID deaths have increased by ______ number or ______ percent.

I've seen a few online news reports from local new stations (not FOX) and unlike CNN or MSNBC, the two haven't seemed to ever be mentioned together, as the the station didn't want to be seen as violating the 'correlations is not causation' principle.

Just wondering...

It's out there. A sample:

Associated Press:

GOP’s vaccine push comes with strong words, few actions

Researchers: Virus surge a ‘raging forest fire’ in Arkansas
Date: July 23, 2021 05:01PM
Oops, wrong thread.

e pluribus unum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2021 05:02PM by Ted King.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020