advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
but..but..muh FREEDUMS! 'Alabama governor: "It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated '
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 23, 2021 11:13AM
Obviously a RINO COMMIE!

Alabama governor: "It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated
[www.axios.com]

A frustrated Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) told reporters Thursday that "it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks" for the state's continued surge in new COVID-19 cases.

Why it matters: Alabama has reported nearly 8,000 new cases of COVID-19 over the past week. It's one of the few states in the country with fewer than 40% of residents fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

The big picture: Nationwide, the average number of new cases per day was up 55% over the past week — a surge driven primarily by unvaccinated people. 97% of people hospitalized for COVID-19 infections are unvaccinated, the CDC said last week. Federal officials have previously said that about 99% of people who die from the virus weren’t vaccinated.

What she's saying: "Let’s be crystal clear about this issue. And media, I want you to start reporting the facts," Ivey said. "The new cases of COVID are because of unvaccinated folks."

"Almost 100% of the new hospitalizations are with unvaccinated folks. And the deaths are certainly occurring with the unvaccinated folks. These folks are choosing a horrible lifestyle of self-inflicted pain," she continued.

"Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the vaccinated folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down. I’ve done all I know how to do. I can encourage you to do something but I can’t make you take care of yourself. "

Worth noting: Even as she pleads with residents to get vaccinated, Ivey has said she has no plans of implementing a mask mandate in schools, despite pediatrician recommendations.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: but..but..muh FREEDUMS! 'Alabama governor: "It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated '
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 23, 2021 11:34AM
Well, I blame the Trumpers who started this don’t wear a mask, don’t trust the vaccines, so IIRC, she is partly to blame for where we are now.
I am happy some of these nut balls are coming out now with good advice, but it is too little and too late. Blood is on their hands.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: but..but..muh FREEDUMS! 'Alabama governor: "It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated '
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 23, 2021 11:49AM
Oooh. Thems fighting words: "regular folks."
Posted by: hal
Date: July 23, 2021 12:04PM
It looks like there is a concerted effort to isolate crazy Trumpers from the rest of the GOP.
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: July 23, 2021 12:21PM
hal
It looks like there is a concerted effort to isolate crazy Trumpers from the rest of the GOP.

As there should be - I don't think anyone would mind if they split off and formed their own Party (the Free(to be)DUMB Party would be fitting)
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 23, 2021 12:41PM
SDGuy
hal

As there should be - I don't think anyone would mind if they split off and formed their own Party (the Free(to be)DUMB Party would be fitting)

The FM party, named after what Rex TIllerson called 45.

Posted by: vision63
Date: July 23, 2021 01:24PM
GGD
SDGuy
hal

The FM party, named after what Rex TIllerson called 45.

Wonder what the "Morans" guy is up to?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 23, 2021 03:33PM
Although she has exceeded the legal limit for how many times you can say "folks" in a single sentence, I do applaud the Governor.

Hope this helps.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 23, 2021 04:07PM
Lemon Drop
Although she has exceeded the legal limit for how many times you can say "folks" in a single sentence, I do applaud the Governor.

Hope this helps.

Sorry - she's one of those that want it both ways. She wants to tout 'freedom' and 'personal rights' and then point fingers at those that refuse to listen to the greater good.

As I write this - Nope, not going to give her a break. She could have taken a stronger stand last year and didn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 23, 2021 04:43PM
Claims there’s nothing she can do.

She could compel state employees to vax, and public schools too. Could mandate masks or lockdowns. Governors are pretty darn powerful actually. She could do all the things that might work but aren’t done if you’re a Republican. So she can take her whiny ass and go tell it so someone else, namely her political party that got them and everyone else into this mess.

Nothing about her statement nor stance identified the root problem. It’s all about her throwing up hands in exasperation and wondering why people don’t have common sense. Yeah Kay, tell us more.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 23, 2021 06:34PM
deckeda
Claims there’s nothing she can do.

She could compel state employees to vax, and public schools too. Could mandate masks or lockdowns. Governors are pretty darn powerful actually. She could do all the things that might work but aren’t done if you’re a Republican. So she can take her whiny ass and go tell it so someone else, namely her political party that got them and everyone else into this mess.

Nothing about her statement nor stance identified the root problem. It’s all about her throwing up hands in exasperation and wondering why people don’t have common sense. Yeah Kay, tell us more.

So you are sending ‘Thoughts and prayers’ her way?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 23, 2021 07:50PM
I'm told that in Alabama, prayers work better than thoughts.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 23, 2021 08:03PM
Yesterday was a day of progress with several Republican leaders trying to persuade their fellow Republicans to get vaccinated. Today was a day of retrenchment against the backlash of "how dare you tell us what to do!" The retrenchment was largely to try to say that they weren't telling people what to do - and, look over there, China started it.

Their problem is that they are trying to thread a needle that has no hole. In the minds of way too many Trumplicans, someone trying to make the case for becoming vaccinated is the same as telling them they have to get vaccinated. Any act of trying to get the antivaccer Trumplicans to reevaluate their position is tantamount to insisting they must get vaccinated. Freedumb.

e pluribus unum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2021 08:35PM by Ted King.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 23, 2021 08:37PM
Nope, not going to give her a break. She could have taken a stronger stand last year and didn't.

And she could be doing now the same stuff she did and didn't do last year.

But she's not.

This is one of those time where what one does now is more important than '...last year'.

It's not like anybody's nominating her for sainthood, or a medal.

I only saw the one vid-bite.

Is she somehow now currently championing anti-vaxing on some level?

Personally, I think it's possible and a good thing that somebody can have a 'come to Jesus moment' and do the 'right thing' regardless of their past position.

That doesn't mean I automatically forgive past transgressions, but unless the topic is sainthood or a Great Person honorarium, I won't focus on them.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 23, 2021 11:09PM
Steve G.

smiley-laughing001smiley-laughing001smiley-laughing001

It is what it is.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 24, 2021 12:20AM
[www.al.com]

Alabama gubernatorial candidate Stacy George today criticized Gov. Kay Ivey for making comments that he said belittled people who choose not to get COVID-19 vaccinations.

George, a correctional officer at Limestone Correctional Facility who announced his run for the Republican nomination on July 1, said he has not received a COVID-19 vaccine.

“I am one of those non-vaccinated people that Governor Ivey just scolded,” George said in a statement. “Unlike Governor Ivey I respect everyone who gets the vaccine as well as those like me that choose not to get the vaccine for various reasons. A governor should never belittle the people that disagree with her.”

George said he had a tough bout with COVID-19 last year and had fever for about seven days. Because of that, he said he believes he probably has antibodies to fight off the virus. But he said he would probably not receive the vaccine even if that was not the case, partly because he’s not in a high-risk population for serious illness from COVID.

“I just don’t see the need in healthy people like myself being vaccinated,” George said. “And that’s my opinion. But I respect people that choose to be vaccinated. It’s just a personal choice. Kind of like the free enterprise works in Alabama.”

Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 24, 2021 12:58AM
All are playing to the Trump base, there is no road to GQP political advancement without that vote.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 24, 2021 01:04AM
hal
[www.al.com]

Alabama gubernatorial candidate Stacy George today criticized Gov. Kay Ivey for making comments that he said belittled people who choose not to get COVID-19 vaccinations.

Let me fix that for you:
...George said in a statement "I am a @#$%& moron."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2021 01:06AM by AllGold.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 24, 2021 05:03AM
"it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks"

Seems to me in Alabama it is the ‘regular folks’ who aren’t vaccinated.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 24, 2021 07:53AM
I know it is a low-hanging branch to clear, but she is smarter than DeathSantis.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 24, 2021 09:49AM
I do like how Stacy George doesn’t pause to consider how he infected someone else not so lucky, or someone else who might not have appreciated going through what he did.

That takes a special sort of unfeeling and uncaring attitude, which I admire in today’s Republican Party. It’s just so refreshing that they are free with their hate and selfishness, unlike in years past when they were unable to articulate it so clearly.
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 25, 2021 06:02PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Steve G.

smiley-laughing001smiley-laughing001smiley-laughing001

I think they do for sure. When you pray, you consider what it is specifically what you're praying on behalf of. You're literally meditating and focusing on a "real" thought. You're bringing your energy into the process which can permeate your being and externalize how you behave and react in the future. If you really pray.

I don't even know what "thoughts" mean in a practical sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2021 06:03PM by vision63.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020