advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
NYC to Offer $100 Incentive for Vaccination Starting Friday
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 28, 2021 01:53PM
hmm, I wonder if I could get a third 'just to be sure' booster dose and snag $100 at the same time...

NYC to Offer $100 Incentive for Vaccination Starting Friday
[www.nbcnewyork.com]

Starting this Friday, New York City will pay $100 to anyone who goes to a city-run vaccination site for their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

The announcement comes just days after the mayor said all city workers would have to be vaccinated or go through strict weekly testing protocols.

It also comes amid a surge in cases in the city, driven by the explosion of the delta variant. Last Friday, the rolling average of new daily cases was 32% higher than a week prior.

According to New York State Department of Health data, between 45% and 65% of New York City residents are fully vaccinated, depending on the borough.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday that cities in high-transmission areas -- which includes New York City -- should "seriously consider" adopting the CDC's new guidelines on indoor masking for vaccinated people. But Cuomo stopped short of fully mandating it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NYC to Offer $100 Incentive for Vaccination Starting Friday
Posted by: hal
Date: July 28, 2021 02:48PM
that should work...
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 28, 2021 03:18PM
City of Los Angeles just issued a citywide cell phone alert about the COVID surge here. It came in like an Amber Alert, first one like it I've seen.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 28, 2021 03:39PM
Cash incentives for immunization is really a cheap way to reduce healthcare costs. Good idea, New York City.

I'd add a mild proposal... hand out cash to people wearing masks to incentivise that too ?
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 28, 2021 06:50PM
cbelt3
Cash incentives for immunization is really a cheap way to reduce healthcare costs. Good idea, New York City.

I'd add a mild proposal... hand out cash to people wearing masks to incentivise that too ?

Generally you can’t toss a vaccine out of your body is soon as you’re paid.
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 28, 2021 07:33PM
p8712
cbelt3

If it's Pfizer or Moderna, I hope they don't get paid until the second dose is in their arm.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 30, 2021 10:34AM

This.

If it's Pfizer or Moderna, I hope they don't get paid until the second dose is in their arm.

This, too.

I'm annoyed that an entity would have to resort to paying its residents to get vaccinated for all the various reasons, but then:

Cash incentives for immunization is really a cheap way to reduce healthcare costs.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2021 10:35AM by RAMd®d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020