Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Tampa area RN FB post: Florida’s increasing Covid numbers a “blatant lie”
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 28, 2021 02:54PM
Um…no, they’re not.

Politifact:

"Don’t believe the hype that Florida numbers are up," her July 25 Facebook post states. "It’s a blatant lie. Many of my other nursing colleagues here in Florida have confirmed this. #exposeitall."

…The next day, the Associated Press reported that Florida accounted for one-fifth of the nation’s new infections last week, more than any other state...60% more weekly cases than the last reporting period and three times higher than the number of cases reported two weeks earlier.

… As of July 27… Florida had 407.3 cases per 100,000 people as of July 27, the second-highest rate, behind Louisiana’s 441… Over the same time period, Florida recorded 370 COVID-19 deaths, highest among the states.

Their ruling? “Pants on Fire”. They reached out to this woman (whose “posts on Facebook and Instagram were flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed”), but she did not respond.

I feel I must apologize in advance for passing this on, as it is obviously just another example of the intolerance of the Left.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tampa area RN FB post: Florida’s increasing Covid numbers a “blatant lie”
Posted by: hal
Date: July 28, 2021 03:05PM
pdq
I feel I must apologize in advance for passing this on, as it is obviously just another example of the intolerance of the Left.

She never said anything about politics - there are crazy RN antivax lefties too
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 28, 2021 03:11PM
I looked up her license - she's really an RN. Embarrassment to the profession. Get out, girl!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 28, 2021 03:14PM
Yesterday an ER doctor at the University of Arkansas MC, who identified himself by name and position, tweeted that ICU beds statewide were full and a phone search for out of state placement showed that was the case in 5 surrounding states.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 28, 2021 03:40PM
Anyone that reactionary and lacking basic statistical skills doesn’t need to be tossing opinions about anything. Oh, and she’s also wrong.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 28, 2021 03:56PM
hal
pdq

Well, I never made an assumption about her; the intolerance is mine, “the Left” is me, and I’m proud of it!
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 28, 2021 03:56PM
Unclear on the difference between anecdotal vs. scientific evidence.
Date: July 28, 2021 05:41PM
pdq
hal
pdq

Well, I never made an assumption about her; the intolerance is mine, “the Left” is me, and I’m proud of it!

haha! touché
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 28, 2021 06:02PM
Had my mother's doctor today say that more than 9 in 10 doctors have been vaccinated. That should tell you all you want to know. He said he is sick of idiots getting a platform, especially elected ones.

My esteem went up for him.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Date: July 28, 2021 06:11PM
Ombligo
Had my mother's doctor today say that more than 9 in 10 doctors have been vaccinated. That should tell you all you want to know. He said he is sick of idiots getting a platform, especially elected ones.

My esteem went up for him.

that tells me that almost 10% of FLA doctors are idiots (or under 12yo)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020