advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Imagine we didn't have the vaccines
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 29, 2021 06:12AM
Imagine the @#$%& we'd be in now if we didn't have these effective vaccines, and people got tired of wearing the masks, and we had this nasty delta variant spreading free. Or even worse, if TRUMP won a second term.

We'd be in so much trouble.

I am grateful we have the vaccines, and we got rid of the moron.

That's it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Imagine we didn't have the vaccines
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 29, 2021 06:49AM
Amen
Posted by: August West
Date: July 29, 2021 08:36AM
thumbs up

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Posted by: pdq
Date: July 29, 2021 08:40AM
For this we can be grateful.

Amen.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: July 29, 2021 08:50AM
Space,

We don't have to imagine. Look at history and the effectiveness of vaccines becomes readily apparent. It's just a matter of delving into the records.

[www.cdc.gov]

Here are some handy photos to remind you of what happens if you get one of the illnesses:

[www.immunize.org]

Note, this links to a PDF file. The photos are not for the meek and not necessarily safe for work.

Robert
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 29, 2021 08:59AM

Here are some handy photos to remind you of what happens if you get one of the illnesses:

"I won't happen to ME" - Medical Calvinism.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 29, 2021 09:36AM
Yes, amen to the above.

However, people ARE tired of wearing masks ... that should be evident. It seems like we need some societal restructuring or realignment, about understanding science and what's in the public good ... that you shouldn't always just be thinking of yourself, but of your neighbor too, and doing what's good for the other guy. (Which some people don't seem to understand, ultimately benefits them too.)

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 29, 2021 10:53AM
Robert M
Space,

We don't have to imagine. Look at history and the effectiveness of vaccines becomes readily apparent. It's just a matter of delving into the records.

Took the words out of my head...just open a history book. A Real one!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 29, 2021 12:36PM
Rolando
Robert M
Space,

Took the words out of my head...just open a history book. A Real one!

Did those vaccines suffer the same scrutiny as these have? Maybe. Despite these miracles, Florida with just 6% of our nations population is suffering 20% of all new Covid infections. It's like dying of thirst with a case of bottled water right next to you. Chaos.
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 29, 2021 12:40PM

Did those vaccines suffer the same scrutiny as these have? Maybe

Some of them were most assuredly less than this vaccine.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 29, 2021 01:09PM
Attn: Unvaxed Dummies....
Vax yo'asses ASAP!
==
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 29, 2021 02:05PM
space-time
I am grateful we have the vaccines, and we got rid of the moron.

Unfortunately, both have proven to be only stop-gap measures… we need more permanent fixes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020