advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Explains me this: UK vs South Korea
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 29, 2021 12:45PM
UK: Cases were on the uptick when they decided to open up everything and now cases are dropping. Why?

Souk Korea: had it pretty much under control but cases are on the uptick now. I was there 2 times this year and they take Covid very seriously. You get tested before you fly, and again you get tested when you arrive and stay in quarantine overnight, and if negative, they let you go to your business trip with strict isolation and contact tracing. Your quarantine exemption form is needed everywhere you go, even when you leave the country.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Explains me this: UK vs South Korea
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 29, 2021 01:08PM
Cases had already peaked (nearly as high as last winter) when they decided to loosen restrictions (on 7/19).

Basically, Boris is betting that everyone that was going to get Delta has pretty much done so. We’ll see if he was right - the incubation period is 5 days or more.

South Korea’s Delta peak came a few days later than the UKs:

…and check the vertical scale - Korea’s peak is less than 1/25th of the UK peak. (…which is not even close to being explained by population - Korea total pop being 52M, UK 68M).

Fair disclosure - not Korean myself, nor family, nor friends (and honestly, not a big fan, because of the semi-outlaw Samsung chaebol). But they’ve done a pretty remarkable job with Covid.
Re: Explains me this: UK vs South Korea
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 29, 2021 01:19PM
Reminds me of last year, when Singapore/Australia/other would be in the news as having licked Covid until they didn’t.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020