advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Illinois becomes second state in Midwest to provide birth control over the counter
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 29, 2021 09:35PM
Homosexuality and oral sex are also going to be available OTC

[The legislation mandates that state-regulated insurance policies cover birth control prescribed by pharmacists to ensure that the price of contraception stays affordable.

“HB135 is a landmark piece of legislation in our state. By increasing access to contraception for the women of Illinois, we reinforce our state as one that prioritizes women’s health,” said Dr. Michelle Brown, OB-GYN, Northwestern University. “Contraceptive access through pharmacists is key to allowing women to safely exercise authority over their reproductive lives, and by joining 16 other states in this initiative, we move one step closer to the goal of true over-the-counter contraception.”

HB 0135 goes into effect Jan. 1, 2022 with provisions affecting the insurance code going into effect Jan. 1, 2023./quote]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Illinois becomes second state in Midwest to provide birth control over the counter
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 29, 2021 10:07PM
Evangelical pastors from downstate send a thank you note for providing them their next dozen sermons.
Re: Illinois becomes second state in Midwest to provide birth control over the counter
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 30, 2021 12:18AM
But... but... contraception is abortion! [www.youtube.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2021 12:18AM by PeterB.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 30, 2021 06:52AM
....my loins......thank you....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: July 31, 2021 10:19AM
p8712

I'm afraid this comment has gone over my head. Those were both decriminalized in Illinois in 1961.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 31, 2021 10:25AM
Mr Downtown
p8712

I'm afraid this comment has gone over my head. Those were both decriminalized in Illinois in 1961.

Yeah, I'll admit that that comment perplexed me as well. I'm not sure what p8712 was getting at - even if they weren't legal already and were to be made legal in the future, they wouldn't be "available" OTC.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: hal
Date: July 31, 2021 05:45PM
I think p is getting into the head of one that objects the OTC birth control by saying, 'what... are y'all gonna be selling @#$%& and sissyness OTC as well?'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020