advertisement
Forums

 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
“ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 30, 2021 03:31PM
[www.google.com]

Let’s see if it ever actually happens.





Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 30, 2021 03:35PM
I think Trump's guy is still over the IRS.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 30, 2021 03:43PM
Have they finished the audit yet? Was there ever really an audit?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 30, 2021 05:01PM
CBS News asked Michael Bloomberg — who is campaigning in California during the Iowa Caucuses — about his feud with President Trump, and whether people want to see two billionaires fighting on Twitter.

Bloomberg: "Two billionaires? Who's the second one?"
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: hal
Date: July 30, 2021 05:04PM
[www.nytimes.com] April 2019

President Trump earlier this year asked Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, to prioritize a confirmation vote for his nominee to be the chief counsel of the Internal Revenue Service, indicating that it was a higher priority than voting on the nomination of William P. Barr as attorney general, a person familiar with the conversation said.

White House aides insisted for months that the confirmation of the nominee, Michael J. Desmond, a tax lawyer from Santa Barbara, Calif., was a top priority after passage of the tax bill in 2017.

But the request by Mr. Trump, made to Mr. McConnell on Feb. 5, raised questions about whether the president had other motivations.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 30, 2021 09:14PM
I think Trump's guy is still over the IRS.


Unless he's going to fall on his sword and destroy all of 45*'s tax records, it should make any difference.





Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 31, 2021 01:31AM
As a bare minimum I say make public everything that falls into the subset that all other Presidential candidates have released. Plus, I want to know if he was being audited and why.



In tha 360. MRF User Map
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 31, 2021 07:57AM
We'll never know if Republicans would have done the same thing to a Democratic president because American presidents don't hide their taxes.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: August 02, 2021 02:05PM
All presidents & vice-presidents are now automatically audited...there is no "if"

IMHO he doesn't want to release his returns given they'd show practically no income because of the massive losses he incurred in the past from multiple, failed business ventures.

He's a great marketer but a terrible businessman...remember he somehow managed to lose money running a casino.

IIRC, daddy bailed him out back then, but that source of funding is no longer available.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 02, 2021 04:05PM
Quote
Bill in NC
IIRC, daddy bailed him out back then, but that source of funding is no longer available.

He just found a different daddy.



It is what it is.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 02, 2021 05:00PM
Quote
N-OS X-tasy!
Quote
Bill in NC
IIRC, daddy bailed him out back then, but that source of funding is no longer available.

He just found a different daddy.

Quite. He’s been successfully fundraising for himself and the Republicans, but the latter only get 25%, and unless I’m mistaken, if he doesn’t run, he can just keep the other 75% of the money.

There are suckers born every day.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 02, 2021 06:26PM
Quote
pdq
Quote
N-OS X-tasy!
Quote
Bill in NC
IIRC, daddy bailed him out back then, but that source of funding is no longer available.

He just found a different daddy.

Quite. He’s been successfully fundraising for himself and the Republicans, but the latter only get 25%, and unless I’m mistaken, if he doesn’t run, he can just keep the other 75% of the money.

There are suckers born every day.

I was actually thinking of Putin.



It is what it is.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Biden's Justice Department says IRS 'must' hand over Trump tax returns to Congress”
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 03, 2021 12:29PM
Quote
N-OS X-tasy!
Quote
pdq
Quote
N-OS X-tasy!
Quote
Bill in NC
IIRC, daddy bailed him out back then, but that source of funding is no longer available.

He just found a different daddy.

Quite. He’s been successfully fundraising for himself and the Republicans, but the latter only get 25%, and unless I’m mistaken, if he doesn’t run, he can just keep the other 75% of the money.

There are suckers born every day.

I was actually thinking of Putin.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020