Belarus Olympic doesn't want to go back home
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 01, 2021 05:14PM
[www.bbc.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Belarus Olympic doesn't want to go back home
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 01, 2021 06:01PM
She needs asylum. Her life has been threatened after successfully avoiding being kidnapped and taken back to Belarus.
Re: Belarus Olympic doesn't want to go back home
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 01, 2021 07:11PM
Guardian reporting:

The sprinter had said that coaching staff came to her room on Sunday and told her to pack. She was then taken to the airport before she could run in the 200m and the 4x400m relay on Thursday.

She previously complained that she was entered in the 4x400m relay after some members of the team were found to be ineligible to compete at the Olympics because they had not undergone the requisite number of doping tests.

“Some of our girls didn’t fly here to compete in the 4x400m relay because they didn’t have enough doping tests,” Tsimanouskaya told Reuters from the airport.

“And the coach added me to the relay without my knowledge. I spoke about this publicly. The head coach came over to me and said there had been an order from above to remove me.”
Georgia’s Vazha Margvelashvili with his silver medal for the 66kg category

Tsimanouskaya added that she was standing next to Japanese police at the airport and had contacted a member of the Belarusian diaspora in Japan to pick her up from the airport.

In a statement, the Belarusian Olympic Committee said coaches had decided to withdraw Tsimanouskaya from the Games on doctors’ advice regarding her “emotional, psychological state”. It did not immediately respond to a request for additional comment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 118
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020