advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Yay, we're #1! (again)
Posted by: PeterB
Date: August 01, 2021 07:24PM
As of today, Louisiana has broken its own case record for the largest number of new infections.

[www.usatoday.com]
[www.theadvocate.com]
[thehill.com]

... our Governor is floating the idea of a statewide mask mandate; New Orleans itself has already done so, though our mayor is not exactly winning popularity contests doing so, and she's up for re-election in a couple of months.

To give some idea of the resistance to vaccination that folks are having to overcome: [www.theadvocate.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2021 07:24PM by PeterB.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Yay, we're #1! (again)
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 01, 2021 07:40PM
Congrats!!!! You made it.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 01, 2021 08:24PM
Just keep being thankful you're not Florida.
==
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 01, 2021 08:34PM
I don't know how the ICU workers don't just walk away - it's got to be so disheartening to them especially. But if you are committed to helping the sickest of the sick even if they are sick because of a lack of good sense then I guess you do your best to help them. The emotional and physical personal cost ICU workers pay should shame unvaccinated people.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 01, 2021 08:43PM
Ted King
I don't know how the ICU workers don't just walk away - it's got to be so disheartening to them especially. But if you are committed to helping the sickest of the sick even if they are sick because of a lack of good sense then I guess you do your best to help them. The emotional and physical personal cost ICU workers pay should shame unvaccinated people.

Although not in the overwhelming numbers of COVID, ER patients are often there because of “lack of sense.”

“Hold my beer!”
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 01, 2021 08:49PM
DeusxMac
Ted King

Although not in the overwhelming numbers of COVID, ER patients are often there because of “lack of sense.”

“Hold my beer!”

I'm sure that's true to a greater extent than we'd hope. That's why I put it the way I did - ICU workers have always made the commitment to help those who were very sick because of a lack of good sense and it's that commitment that is keeping them there now when there is an overwhelming number of people lacking good sense.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 01, 2021 09:29PM
Buzz
==

Looks like the south from Florida in the east to Texas in the west is in a neck and neck race to prove which of their populations is most pigheadedly ignorant.
Date: August 01, 2021 10:54PM
RgrF
Buzz
==

Looks like the south from Florida in the east to Texas in the west is in a neck and neck race to prove which of their populations is most pigheadedly ignorant.

I'm not sure Florida is doing worse than us, I think we have them beat. Texas, likewise.

Here are the 7-day case rates per 100,000:

AZ: 322.5
FL: 340.7
LA: 363.5
TX: 108.7

Source: [wgntv.com]

And this just from the NYT -- apparently along with such high rates of Delta, we've got RSV migrating amongst kids right now, so there's the possibility of both misidentification/misdiagnosis AND co-infection... lovely. [www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 01, 2021 11:00PM
PeterB
RgrF
Buzz
==

I'm not sure Florida is doing worse than us, I think we have them beat. Texas, likewise.

And this just from the NYT -- apparently along with such high rates of Delta, we've got RSV migrating amongst kids right now, so there's the possibility of both misidentification/misdiagnosis AND co-infection... lovely. [www.nytimes.com]

Do any of those states have reliable reporting systems, does anyone?
Date: August 02, 2021 09:21AM
RgrF
PeterB
RgrF
Buzz
==

Do any of those states have reliable reporting systems, does anyone?

I can't speak to other states, but the LA Dept of Health is actually pretty good with their reporting systems, and their website lets you look at the data from a variety of different perspectives. They were audited back in December, and like a lot of state health departments, were given recommendations for improvement ... but it seems like a lot of the problems aren't with the health department itself, but with the various agencies reporting to the health department.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020