advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Know anyone that went to Lollapalooza 2021? Be sure to tell them to stay the @#$%& away from you for a while.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 02, 2021 05:59PM
Great photo essay of Lollapalooza 2021: [www.buzzfeednews.com] , but it's clear that this is a superspreader event

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Know anyone that went to Lollapalooza 2021? Be sure to tell them to stay the @#$%& away from you for a while.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 02, 2021 06:05PM
Superduperspreader event.

It is what it is.
Re: Know anyone that went to Lollapalooza 2021? Be sure to tell them to stay the @#$%& away from you for a while.
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 02, 2021 06:36PM
"Technically," they had to prove that they were vaccinated.

I watched it all on Hulu. Lots of good bands. For some reason they had numerous DJ's that were seriously popular while sounding mostly alike. Steve Aoki was the best DJ.

My highlights were the Foo Fighters last night. They killed. Journey headlined Saturday night and they Killed. A female duo Ali & AJ impressed me.

The Black Pumas put on an incredible show. For some reason they didn't show some acts like Britney Howard who I was looking forward to. All the Black acts other than her and the Black Pumas were rappers. I only got to see what Hulu chose to stream so no Miley Cyrus who headlined I think Friday night. I was looking forward to her set.

The older acts really know not only how to put on a show, but to perform their material in ways that their fans enjoy hearing it. Even with some twists.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 02, 2021 07:12PM
vision63

DELTA.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 03, 2021 12:28AM
vision63

I watched it all on Hulu. Lots of good bands. For some reason they had numerous DJ's that were seriously popular while sounding mostly alike. Steve Aoki was the best DJ.

My highlights were the Foo Fighters last night. They killed. Journey headlined Saturday night and they Killed. A female duo Ali & AJ impressed me.

The Black Pumas put on an incredible show. For some reason they didn't show some acts like Britney Howard who I was looking forward to. All the Black acts other than her and the Black Pumas were rappers. I only got to see what Hulu chose to stream so no Miley Cyrus who headlined I think Friday night. I was looking forward to her set.

The older acts really know not only how to put on a show, but to perform their material in ways that their fans enjoy hearing it. Even with some twists.

Ali and AJ were there? That's cool. Actress sisters who have a band.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2021 12:29AM by Racer X.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 03, 2021 01:54AM
Ali and AJ were there? That's cool. Actress sisters who have a band.

The acts weren't those at risk, you can believe they were COVID protected.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: August 03, 2021 04:53AM
My nephew and his wife went. I’m waiting to hear if they are sick.
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 03, 2021 07:04AM
Lizabeth
My nephew and his wife went. I’m waiting to hear if they are sick.

if they are vaccinated, they can carry the virus and never have any symptoms. Still stay away from them!
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: August 03, 2021 09:37AM
Even on my best day, I would NEVER want to be in a crowd like that!

bunny smileyCentral VA
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 03, 2021 10:01AM
Hey, just another step closer to herd immunity.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 03, 2021 03:00PM
Even on my best day, I would NEVER want to be in a crowd like that!

Right there with you, together separately!

No way.

Even the few Fillmore and Winterland concerts I went to pushed my limits a little.

I went to a concert at the Santa Clara fairgrounds that was HUGE and that cured me of most concerts that were bigger than Yoshi's in Oakland.

Since I don't follow things like Lollapalooza, when was it this year, and have there been any reports of cases linked to it?

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 04, 2021 12:04AM
RAMd®d
Since I don't follow things like Lollapalooza, when was it this year, and have there been any reports of cases linked to it?

Just this past weekend, at Grant Park in Chicago.

Too soon to tell about linked cases yet — check back in a week or so.

It is what it is.
Date: August 04, 2021 04:04AM
Got it, thank you N—OS.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 05, 2021 11:33PM
So so many people don't want to acknowledge that their needs are really wants. How many of us actually died from all those things our parents refused to buy for us, or wouldn't let us do?

Now, actually going to that concert might make you die.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 06, 2021 08:53AM
Racer X
So so many people don't want to acknowledge that their needs are really wants. How many of us actually died from all those things our parents refused to buy for us, or wouldn't let us do?

Liberate Jarts!

devil smiley
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 06, 2021 11:00AM
One of my semi-adulthood memories, a jart impaled in a kid's hand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2021 11:00AM by RgrF.
Date: August 07, 2021 01:35AM
Bring a couple of bandoliers of lawn darts to a superspreader event and shout 'We're gonna play catch!'

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020