Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
masks on or masks off
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 03, 2021 07:48AM
Poll
mask now, wait and see or not at all
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
50 votes were received.
now 46

92%
wait and see 4

8%
fake news 0

0%
246 Dino in blue 0

0%

do you think earlier is better to face the possibility of strains developing or are of the feeling not so much .... yet?
or ...?

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: masks on or masks off
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 03, 2021 08:23AM
I am back to masking up in stores.
I just read that HD is now requiring all employees to wear masks again and is requesting customers do the same.
Many stores have posted the new CDC requests on their doors and I do see more people wearing masks but not the almost 100% that we had before it was relaxed.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2021 08:26AM by rgG.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 03, 2021 08:43AM
Back on for me. I honestly kept them on pretty much, except for what feels like two weeks....

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 03, 2021 08:56AM
......even wear mask when taking a shower......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2021 10:26AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: August 03, 2021 08:59AM
Work has gone back to requiring masks.

I see "Masks recommended for all, including vaccinated" signs at some stores.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 03, 2021 09:07AM
haven't taken my mask off for any store since March '20.
one place I freelance, had masks come off a couple weeks ago, only to have masks back on a few days later.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 03, 2021 09:27AM
Depends on where one is, outside, inside, close quarters, warehouse...?
Posted by: JoeH
Date: August 03, 2021 09:38AM
Never stopped wearing a mask when going into a store.
Posted by: davester
Date: August 03, 2021 10:22AM
"Don't worry Honey, Just wear this mask and you won't get pregnant."

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: davester
Date: August 03, 2021 10:26AM
This is a no-brainer. I don't go into any store without wearing a mask.This behavior has not changed since the beginning of the pandemic and all the stores here have signs requiring this even though our area has among the highest vaccination rates and lowest infection rates in the country. Compliance is close to 100%. For a brief period we went to a couple of well ventilated restaurants and took off our masks to eat. I'm not so sure I'll be doing that again for a while.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 03, 2021 10:39AM
Just came home from our high school - my wife and I were the only two we saw on campus with masks.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 03, 2021 10:44AM
I went to Publix early last Friday morning. Employees that have been going mask list now I sore masks. Compliance is kind of up here in the biggest hotspot. But still poor by the standards of other parts of the country

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2021 10:44AM by p8712.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: August 03, 2021 10:55AM
Depends on the location...anywhere in Reno indoors and the answer is yes. Most indoor locations in North Tahoe...yes. There's a couple of places I feel okay indoors that are not over crowded.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Randalls
Date: August 03, 2021 11:15AM
Maybe 5 to 10 percent wearing masks indoors and that may be inflated. Central Indiana red state. We are Northern Alabama.
Date: August 03, 2021 11:21AM
.....also sleep in separate......twin beds.....

Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: August 03, 2021 11:46AM
Seeing a lot of masking in Los Angeles but not counting them. There is pretty high compliance on vaccination but of course there is a minority of vaccination resisters. We'll see whether they start to come around, what with an increasing Covid death toll. I wear the mask in places where it is appropriate, which is pretty much all indoor places right now. it's interesting to see all the people wearing masks on all the treadmills in the gym.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 03, 2021 12:03PM
JoeH
Never stopped wearing a mask when going into a store.

Same here. I usually double mask unless I'm going to do a lot of talking; then it's just one.
Date: August 03, 2021 12:04PM
.....and double bag it.....too...

Posted by: timg
Date: August 03, 2021 12:55PM
I never stopped putting a mask on to go into stores and I live in a zip code that has 94% of the population vaccinated.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Date: August 03, 2021 12:57PM
......guys usually will only put on mask for.....wedding anniversary.....

Posted by: Z
Date: August 03, 2021 12:59PM
We're back to full masking at work as of tomorrow.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 03, 2021 01:55PM
I was at Costco on Friday and only saw about a quarter of customers with masks. Pretty sure all employees had them.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 03, 2021 02:50PM
Asked and answered.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 03, 2021 08:20PM
Tonight stopped into Whole Foods (usually don't shop there but it's convenient), and maybe 40% customers masked up and 60% employees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2021 08:20PM by mrbigstuff.
Date: August 03, 2021 09:25PM
.....you can leave your hat on......

Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 03, 2021 11:40PM
Just back from local chain - primarily Armenian clientele - 100% masked.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 04, 2021 01:43AM
I never stopped wearing one.

I read on another forum something that was really illuminating, and though provoking.

During WW II, people sacrificed far more, in all aspects of their life, and really stepped up to help out. Austerity and sacrifice were considered a small price to pay to provide for our front lines.

Nowadays, you can't even get the fucksticks to wear a mask, and many who do are too @#$%& stupid to wear it properly anyway.

You shouldn't need to be told. As kids we were taught basic hygiene, I assume. WTF is wrong with people today?

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 04, 2021 07:08AM
Racer X

During WW II, people sacrificed far more, in all aspects of their life, and really stepped up to help out. Austerity and sacrifice were considered a small price to pay to provide for our front lines.

In WWII a bit less than 300,000 Americans died in combat. Over twice that many have died from Covid.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 04, 2021 08:08AM
Ted King
Racer X

In WWII a bit less than 300,000 Americans died in combat. Over twice that many have died from Covid.

The difference the time is that half of the country cannot see the enemy.
Date: August 04, 2021 08:33AM
.....what's the matter with kids.....to....day.....???

Posted by: PeterB
Date: August 04, 2021 12:04PM
space-time
Ted King
Racer X

The difference the time is that half of the country cannot see the enemy.

I don't completely buy this argument. I think a big part of the problem isn't that they can't see the enemy, it's that we've become a totally narcissistic society ... look at the advent of social media as one example. The people in WWII who had to sacrifice ... they knew what suffering was, from the decade before, and suffering makes you more receptive to thinking about others' difficulties and not just your own.

A nice writeup on the issue: [blogs.lse.ac.uk]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: August 05, 2021 07:04AM
IMHO mask fatigue has set in...most wont go back to wearing them.

So I figure when all is said & done at least 1 million Americans will have died from COVID-19.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 05, 2021 01:44PM
I’m masking up in public and surprisingly I’m seeing more and more doing the same. You have to remember I live in NC.

Grateful11
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 06, 2021 08:12PM
Still pretty common in Seattle. I'd say maybe 2/3rd. But I sure see a lot of uncovered noses though.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020