advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The investigation is complete and it ain't good - Cuomo should resign now: T or F
Posted by: hal
Date: August 03, 2021 01:36PM
Poll
Should Cuomo resign now?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
31 votes were received.
yes 24

77%
no 6

19%
there is no 3rd option 1

3%

IF you haven't seen the news - it's everywhere. Here is the actual report: [ag.ny.gov]

Here is an overview from the NYAG page: [ag.ny.gov]

sounds like all out war is in the making
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The investigation is complete and it ain't good - Cuomo should resign now: T or F
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 03, 2021 02:02PM
Well, this certainly means he won't be running for president...unless it's as a Republican, they seem to go for this sort of stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2021 02:03PM by Steve G..
Re: The investigation is complete and it ain't good - Cuomo should resign now: T or F
Date: August 03, 2021 03:15PM
Eric Adams spent all day with his moistened finger in the air finally declares:

Posted by: vision63
Date: August 03, 2021 03:40PM
Most people would make terrible lawyers.

Never give in when there is no direct evidence against you. No one should "ever" do that. Don't negotiate, don't settle, but most importantly, don't quit. When you resign, you give credibility for the civil cases against you.

Even in an impeachment, they have to "prove" their case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2021 03:41PM by vision63.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 03, 2021 03:52PM
Am I voting for what I want to happen or whats best for Cuomo?

Date: August 03, 2021 03:56PM
I assumed what's best for him since it's his choice.
Date: August 03, 2021 04:24PM
Cuomo administration covered up his request to get female trooper
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo's administration, including the State Police, allegedly misled the Times Union in December about the governor's request to have a young female trooper that he found attractive appointed to his protective detail in 2018 — a job for which she did not meet the minimum standards at the time that she was given the position.

The Times Union had asked both Cuomo's office and the State Police about the female trooper's appointment to the coveted job on the governor's Protective Services Unit — an appointment that was made after the governor met the now-30-year-old trooper during a ceremony at the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge in New York City in November 2017.

The governor, according to a report issued Tuesday by the state attorney general's office, directed that the trooper be offered the job and subsequently sexually harassed her after she was reassigned to his protective detail two months later.

dayum! [www.timesunion.com]
Date: August 03, 2021 04:34PM
How impeachment works in NY: [gothamist.com]
Date: August 03, 2021 04:35PM
Alex Burns NYT from twitter:

worth considering that if Cuomo had stopped after two terms he’d now be the popular former gov who pushed gay marriage into law, enacted a $15 min wage, etc, and could’ve spent the pandemic watching his successor struggle, trashing them off record & stoking comeback speculation

and a presidential run...
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 03, 2021 05:22PM
Letitia wants Andy's job....

More clear, and legit evidence please.
Nothing close to what Donny boy did.
Or even what Bubba did.

Keep a watchful eye on him for the time being, but for now there's still clear, and reasonable doubt as to resignationworthy offenses.
==
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 03, 2021 05:27PM
Buzz

There are plenty of stories about how he conducts himself in office. Its been this way for years but nobody but political nerds have noticed.

Date: August 03, 2021 05:31PM
Buzz
Letitia wants Andy's job....

Nothing close to what Donny boy did.
Or even what Bubba did.

Keep a watchful eye on him for the time being, but for now there's still clear, and reasonable doubt as to resignationworthy offenses.
==

I want her to be a Senator. But Governor will work too.
Date: August 03, 2021 05:33PM
mattkime
Buzz

There are plenty of stories about how he conducts himself in office. Its been this way for years but nobody but political nerds have noticed.

ALL OF IT is right here - all you have to do is read it: [ag.ny.gov]
Posted by: davester
Date: August 03, 2021 05:46PM
Based on that report, he should not be in the position (or decade) that he's in.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Date: August 03, 2021 06:52PM
DOGPILE!

Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 03, 2021 07:10PM
Are Dems gonna keep showing up with a knife, I mean, boxing gloves flowers and good feelings to a gun fight?

The LT Gov is a Democrat. Will she get stuff done?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 03, 2021 08:24PM
hal
mattkime
Buzz

ALL OF IT is right here - all you have to do is read it: [ag.ny.gov]

And how many examples of proven, non-consensual sex are in the report?
And how many examples of proven, non-consensual touching after the alleged victim said "no" are in the report?
And how many consensual, but nonetheless inappropriate sex acts are proven in the report?

Mrs. Buzz thinks just about every male over 40 that looks at her is hitting on her, and I know plenty of women that think like that. When we went to our fave Italian restaurant several years ago, when Richard Riordan was mayor of LA, the mayor was already there when we walked in, and spousal unit went up to him and wrapped her arms around him and kissed him on the cheek...., because he looked so familiar, and she thought she knew him.

That's over 20 years ago now, and she's retold her version of the story many, many times since. Mayor Dick was estranged, or between wives at the time, and was waiting for his date to return from the bathroom at the time of Mrs. Buzz's incident, and was known to be a bit on the prowl. Some of spousal unit's retellings would probably make Letitia's report.

Lots of sizzle in the report, but not enough steak.
Keep an eye on Andy until you find some steak.
If/when you find the steak; then you can hang him.
==
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 03, 2021 08:36PM
One of the perks of the job! Well, except for the harassment.

hal
Cuomo administration covered up his request to get female trooper
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo's administration, including the State Police, allegedly misled the Times Union in December about the governor's request to have a young female trooper that he found attractive appointed to his protective detail in 2018 — a job for which she did not meet the minimum standards at the time that she was given the position.

The Times Union had asked both Cuomo's office and the State Police about the female trooper's appointment to the coveted job on the governor's Protective Services Unit — an appointment that was made after the governor met the now-30-year-old trooper during a ceremony at the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge in New York City in November 2017.

The governor, according to a report issued Tuesday by the state attorney general's office, directed that the trooper be offered the job and subsequently sexually harassed her after she was reassigned to his protective detail two months later.

dayum! [www.timesunion.com]

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 03, 2021 09:14PM
vision63

Never give in when there is no direct evidence against you. No one should "ever" do that. Don't negotiate, don't settle, but most importantly, don't quit. When you resign, you give credibility for the civil cases against you.

So Nixon should just have hung in there?
Date: August 03, 2021 09:44PM
DeusxMac
vision63

No. He was sure to be convicted. He was dead bang guilty with a smoking gun. The August 1974 transcript released by his White House proved obstruction. No his word against somebody else's word. Resigning gave him the chance he needed to survive.
Posted by: August West
Date: August 03, 2021 09:44PM
Cuomo should go, his time is long gone.

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Date: August 03, 2021 09:52PM
August West

November 8, 2022

If we didn't have elections, that would be the only thing we fussed about.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 03, 2021 09:59PM
DeusxMac
vision63

The reality is enough of his fellow Republicans would have voted to convict and he knew that. It was a different GOP and different country then.
Posted by: August West
Date: August 04, 2021 01:02PM
vision63
August West

November 8, 2022

Tell that to the employees he was groping.

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Date: August 04, 2021 01:15PM
August West
vision63
August West

November 8, 2022

Tell that to the employees he was groping.

I'd be happy to tell them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 67
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020