AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Covid-murdering Republicans strike back in TX and TN
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 11, 2021 06:43PM
MURDERERS

Tennessee House GOP urges session to curb local COVID powers
[apnews.com]
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — All 73 Tennessee House Republicans signaled their support on Wednesday for a special session to limit the authority of local officials to make rules aimed at preventing the spread of COVID-19, as lawmakers fumed over mask requirements in a handful of school districts.

Texas officials ask court to block Dallas County mask mandate
[thehill.com]
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) and state Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) are asking an appeals court to strike down an order issued by Dallas County that would require residents to wear masks in schools and businesses. The two argued on Wednesday that the decision violates an executive order that was issued by Abbott in late July that said that no government entity, including cities, counties, school districts and public health authorities, could require people to wear masks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Covid-murdering Republicans strike back in TX and TN
Posted by: Don C
Date: August 11, 2021 08:37PM
So much for local decision making!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 11, 2021 11:04PM
They've been doing the "both sides of our mouths" approach for some time now. Like in like in: "No vaccine - my body my choice" (doesn't apply to women, pregnant or not)
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 12, 2021 10:27AM
Gov. Lee has already said school districts can do their own thing but of course that doesn’t preclude the idiots in the legislature from passing a law that says otherwise. They are all emboldened by the continuing Karen Apocalypse appearing at school board meetings across the South: [www.newschannel5.com]
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 12, 2021 10:42AM
If I had an under 12 year old unvaccinated child in a state where schools could not mandate wearing a mask, I'd be tempted to not let my child go to school. I'd call it "freedom to not endanger my child due to other parents insisting on their freedumb to have their child go to school without a mask".

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 12, 2021 07:55PM
Ted King
If I had an under 12 year old unvaccinated child in a state where schools could not mandate wearing a mask, I'd be tempted to not let my child go to school. I'd call it "freedom to not endanger my child due to other parents insisting on their freedumb to have their child go to school without a mask".

I couldn't agree more!

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 148
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020