advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
changed his mind?!....conservative radio host, Phil Valentine, who questioned need for vaccine, dies of COVID......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 21, 2021 10:28PM
.....at 61.....he changed his mind when he caught it.....

Conservative talk show host Phil Valentine dies after battle with Covid-19, his employer says

....Phil Valentine, a Nashville-based conservative radio talk show host who had questioned whether it was necessary for all people to get Covid-19 vaccines, died on Saturday, his employer, WWTN Radio, announced on Twitter. Valentine was 61 years old.

"Please keep the Valentine family in your thoughts and prayers," the station said in the tweet.

His death comes more than a month after the host first announced he had been diagnosed with Covid-19. On his program, Valentine had repeatedly downplayed the importance of getting a vaccine against the virus, saying last December that he believed his personal odds of dying from Covid-19 were "probably way less than one percent."

But his message changed in late July when his family announced that Valentine had been hospitalized in "very serious condition" and was suffering from "Covid Pneumonia and the attendant side effects."

Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an 'anti-vaxer' he regrets not being more vehemently 'Pro-Vaccine', and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon," his brother Mark Valentine wrote on July 22.

Mark Valentine told CNN's Alisyn Camerota in a July 26 interview his brother was doing better but was "still very deep in the woods" and breathing with assistance.

"He recognizes now that him not getting the vaccination has probably caused a bunch of other people not to get vaccinated," he said in the interview. "And that he regrets."

"This is a real threat, it is a real public health crisis and it is something that if he had to do over again ... his cavalier attitude wouldn't have been what it was and he would have gotten vaccinated and encouraged everybody to get vaccinated," he added.

Following news of his death, many shared tributes for the radio host.

"Maria and I are deeply saddened by the loss of Phil Valentine and pray for his family as they navigate the difficult days ahead," Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee wrote on Twitter.

Tennessee House Speaker Cameron Sexton added, Phil Valentine "made a difference in life as a strong conservative voice."

"He will be greatly missed by all! Our heartfelt prayers & deepest sympathies go out to the Valentine family & Phil's radio family," Sexton wrote.

dies of COVID......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2021 10:30PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: changed his mind?!......conservative radio host, Phil Valentine, who questioned need for vaccine, dies of COVID......
Posted by: PeterB
Date: August 21, 2021 10:35PM
We truly do seem to be doing some sort of Darwinian experiment here, where what's being tested (in an evolutionary sense) is folks' ability -- or lack thereof -- to follow rules and believe in science rather than in some sort of hokeyness.

I mention this also because of a person on my local Nextdoor app, saying that none of us need a vaccine because no vaccine will match the "natural immunity" that some have. facepalm

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2021 10:35PM by PeterB.
Re: changed his mind?!....conservative radio host, Phil Valentine, who questioned need for vaccine, dies of COVID......
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 21, 2021 10:36PM
Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an 'anti-vaxer' he regrets not being more vehemently 'Pro-Vaccine', and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon," his brother Mark Valentine wrote on July 22.

Give me a break. All these morons who deny Covid is real and are anti vaxer turn out to be pro-vaxer on their death bed and their last breath is "can I get the vaccine please?".

@#$%& them! never mind, they are dead, that would be necrophilia, LOL
Re: changed his mind?!....conservative radio host, Phil Valentine, who questioned need for vaccine, dies of COVID......
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 21, 2021 10:37PM
Another one down, about 74,222,957 more to go in the US

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2021 10:39PM by space-time.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 21, 2021 11:10PM
I mention this also because of a person on my local Nextdoor app, saying that none of us need a vaccine because no vaccine will match the "natural immunity" that some have.

Wow!

Maybe ask him to read what he wrote out loud into Voice Memo, then listen to the playback while using his post as subtitles?

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 21, 2021 11:16PM
I'm not sure if I already read this somewhere else or if this is an additional rush wannabe taking their beliefs to their logical conclusion.

Re: changed his mind?!......conservative radio host, Phil Valentine, who questioned need for vaccine, dies of COVID......
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 22, 2021 04:05AM
PeterB
I mention this also because of a person on my local Nextdoor app, saying that none of us need a vaccine because no vaccine will match the "natural immunity" that some have. facepalm

I love her to death, but my SIL has my brother believing this @#$%&. He is in a relative high-risk group (over 50, ARDS survivor) and has refused to get vaccinated. Well, the joke’s on him — he tested positive last week. So far, he’s been OK.

She’d been sick for a while before he tested positive — he’s pretty sure he got it from her. She refuses to even get tested. “We don’t need vaccines — God gave us bodies that heal themselves.” Apparently she’s never known anybody with cancer.

I’m pissed beyond words at both of them.

It is what it is.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: August 22, 2021 08:38AM
N-OS X-tasy!
PeterB

I love her to death, but my SIL has my brother believing this @#$%&. He is in a relative high-risk group (over 50, ARDS survivor) and has refused to get vaccinated. Well, the joke’s on him — he tested positive last week. So far, he’s been OK.

She’d been sick for a while before he tested positive — he’s pretty sure he got it from her. She refuses to even get tested. “We don’t need vaccines — God gave us bodies that heal themselves.” Apparently she’s never known anybody with cancer.

I’m pissed beyond words at both of them.

So maybe God also wants 4.42 million (and climbing) dead?

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 22, 2021 09:15AM
The irrational and relentless pursuit of perfection and demands of personal guarantees will kill everyone. It’s why some people survive Covid but still do not “believe” in vaccinations since it didn’t kill them.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 22, 2021 09:16AM
The "Zelenko Protocol" is a hot topic among the anti-vax, anti-critical thinking, conspiracy theory Luddites on YouTube right now.

A GP (not virologist, nor epidemiologist) gets worldwide attention through unsubstantiated claims; first about hydroxychloroquine, until that's disproved, then a workaround with a substitute for hydroxychloroquine using OTC meds.

And the ignorant are lapping it up!
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 22, 2021 09:25AM
Conspiracy theorists are strongly attracted to the chase, of course. It’s not evidence, answers nor solutions they seek but rather, a Quixotic desire to be in on secret knowledge, so close, just beyond reach.

One person I spoke to told me she was “a researcher,” spending vast amounts of time [recreating wheels with the wrong tools.]
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: August 22, 2021 09:44AM
I suppose changing the name from “Covid” to ‘Make Your Bed and Then Sleep — Or die — In It’ is out of the question?

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 22, 2021 10:00AM
Saint Peter - What did you in?

Valentine - this terrible disease. Why did you send this plague to Earth?

Saint Peter - didn’t we also make scientists? Did they offer you a vaccine?

Valentine - why yes, but I thought I knew better!

Saint Peter - come back when you’d rather live in eternity with humans than with germs. Down you go…
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 22, 2021 10:58AM
sekker
Saint Peter - What did you in?

Valentine - this terrible disease. Why did you send this plague to Earth?

Saint Peter - didn’t we also make scientists? Did they offer you a vaccine?

Valentine - why yes, but I thought I knew better!

Saint Peter - come back when you’d rather live in eternity with humans than with germs. Down you go…

“Oh, and give my regards to Rush when you see him down there.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Janit
Date: August 22, 2021 09:25PM
PeterB
We truly do seem to be doing some sort of Darwinian experiment here, where what's being tested (in an evolutionary sense) is folks' ability -- or lack thereof -- to follow rules and believe in science rather than in some sort of hokeyness.

So, our extraterrestrial overlords have seeded the planet with COVID in order to select for improved critical thinking?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 52
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020