advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Kentucky governor: Sending unmasked, unvaccinated kids into class like holding 'chicken pox party'
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 22, 2021 05:50PM
What a crappy party, good for him

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear (D) on Thursday defended his statewide school mask mandate amid surges of COVID-19 cases caused by the highly contagious delta variant, saying that sending unmasked children too young to be vaccinated into a classroom is like “holding the world's largest chickenpox party.”

Beshear, who has previously made the chickenpox comparison in advocating for mask requirements, told CNN's Kate Bolduan that he believes he did the “right” thing by signing the executive order last week.

"Sending unmasked, unvaccinated kids into a poorly ventilated classroom is like holding the world's largest chickenpox party, except instead of chickenpox it is the third-leading cause of death last year,” he said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2021 05:51PM by p8712.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Kentucky governor: Sending unmasked, unvaccinated kids into class like holding 'chicken pox party'
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 22, 2021 06:11PM
What an idiot.

Edit:
My bad I totally misunderstood and didn’t read carefully. I am the idiot. smiling smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2021 09:04PM by rgG.
Re: Kentucky governor: Sending unmasked, unvaccinated kids into class like holding 'chicken pox party'
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 22, 2021 06:17PM
rgG
What an idiot.

Umm... he's actually pro-mask mandate.

It is what it is.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 22, 2021 06:21PM
What an idiot.

?

Indeed.

'...except instead of chickenpox it is the third-leading cause of death last year,' he said.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2021 06:22PM by RAMd®d.
Posted by: Janit
Date: August 22, 2021 07:35PM
Not the best topic line, as it's far too easy to misunderstand.

How about "Not your father's chicken pox party" instead?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 22, 2021 08:17PM
Janit
Not the best topic line, as it's far too easy to misunderstand.

How about "Not your father's chicken pox party" instead?

I'd go for, "Like a chicken pox party, but with death"
Posted by: Don C
Date: August 22, 2021 08:24PM
Beshear has a lot of headwind from Ky Senator Rand Paul and his acolytes. Supermajorities in both houses would rather kids take the risk rather than be told what to do.
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 22, 2021 09:03PM
N-OS X-tasy!
rgG
What an idiot.

Sorry, I completely misunderstood.
I misread the headline and I just skimmed the post.
My bad.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 23, 2021 09:44AM
"Deaths are very rare now due to the vaccine program. However, some deaths from chickenpox continue to occur in healthy, unvaccinated children and adults. In the past, many of the healthy adults who died from chickenpox contracted the disease from their unvaccinated children."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020