advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
“ Capitol Police officers sue Trump, Roger Stone, Proud Boys and others over Jan. 6 invasion “
Posted by: btfc
Date: August 26, 2021 11:44AM
‘ Seven U.S. Capitol Police officers filed a federal lawsuit Thursday accusing former President Donald Trump, far-right "violent extremist groups" and others of being directly responsible for the deadly invasion of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

The lawsuit was filed against more than two dozen people and entities, including Republican operative Roger Stone and the far-right Proud Boys group. It alleges the defendants conspired to stop Congress from confirming President Joe Biden's Electoral College victory "through the use of force, intimidation, and threats."

Their actions violated the Ku Klux Klan Act and other laws, the lawsuit alleges.

"Defendants' unlawful efforts culminated in the January 6 mass attack on the United States Capitol and the brutal, physical assault of hundreds of law enforcement officers," says the officers' legal complaint.

"Many Defendants in this case planned, aided, and actively participated in that attack. All Defendants are responsible for it," according to the lawsuit. ‘

[www.cnbc.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Capitol Police officers sue Trump, Roger Stone, Proud Boys and others over Jan. 6 invasion “
Posted by: August West
Date: August 26, 2021 12:47PM
thumbs up

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Re: “ Capitol Police officers sue Trump, Roger Stone, Proud Boys and others over Jan. 6 invasion “
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 26, 2021 12:58PM
I wish them luck. They are going to need it.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 26, 2021 01:45PM
Are they white? Will the win wingnuts be ableto defend the Cheeto ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 132
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020