advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Sometimes you just need to do it yourselves. Retired SpecOps operators get allies to Kabul airport
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 27, 2021 08:35PM
[www.yahoo.com]

[abcnews.go.com]

I've met Jason. VERY humble and outspoken. Incredibly intelligent. Went from enlisted SEAL then through officers school and commanded platoons.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2021 08:49PM by Racer X.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sometimes you just need to do it yourselves. Retired SpecOps operators get allies to Kabul airport
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 27, 2021 08:53PM
Racer X
[www.yahoo.com]

[abcnews.go.com]

I've met Jason. VERY humble and outspoken. Incredibly intelligent. Went from enlisted SEAL then through officers school and commanded platoons.

Quite an amazing operation!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Sometimes you just need to do it yourselves. Retired SpecOps operators get allies to Kabul airport
Date: August 27, 2021 09:19PM
All the SpecOps operators I know and have met, honestly want to make the world a bit better, keep people safe, and protect those who can't protect themselves.

Sometimes a bully needs a beat down, sometimes a kid just needs a soccer ball and someone to kick it around with.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 28, 2021 02:16AM
HOLY MOLY!

That's a hell of an op to pull of by operators who haven't been or may not have been in the field for a good while, not to mention haven't trained together, at least extensively.

Geeeze, reading just the article at the first link gets me verklempt.

A truly incredible op.

So much done with no bravado or braggadocio.

Hand salute to those guys.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: August 28, 2021 05:50AM
RAMd®d

The vast majority of these types (including every one that I know) don’t brag or even bring up the fact they were special ops (except within their own groups). Indeed, it’s one way to spot the fakes (because they’re the ones who do brag and like to let every one know about it….not too unlike that piece of @#$%& congresscritter Tom Cotton from Arkansas who tries to imply he was an Army Ranger).
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 28, 2021 06:41AM
Professionals doing a job that needed to be done.

I expect there will be a Hollywood movie out in two years starring The Rock.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Janit
Date: August 28, 2021 10:42AM
When I lived in Israel a couple of the grad students I worked with were IDF commandos (still in the reserves). Of all the Israelis I knew, they were the most smart, kind, competent, and understated. And I gotta tell you, an understated Israeli is something to behold!
Date: August 28, 2021 08:15PM
Carnos Jax
RAMd®d

The vast majority of these types (including every one that I know) don’t brag or even bring up the fact they were special ops (except within their own groups). Indeed, it’s one way to spot the fakes (because they’re the ones who do brag and like to let every one know about it….not too unlike that piece of @#$%& congresscritter Tom Cotton from Arkansas who tries to imply he was an Army Ranger).

The SEAL and SWCC I know don't talk about it except with me, and other SpecOps people. The SEAL is known at his work because he is now a hydrologist specializing in underwater surveys. His experience got him the job. The SWCC operator's wife was a co-teacher of my partner, and we have been close friends for about 15 years now. He doesn't think he did anything special. One of the shortest operators ever in the field 5'2" plus a few millimeters. Cut off is 5'2" He used those inversion boots to let his disks plump up enough to pass the initial physical exam.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 134
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020