advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
MacInTouch starting to turn off the lights
Posted by: Drew
Date: August 31, 2021 09:05PM
In the old days I would often visit, but only occasionally go there now. Ric Ford and MacInTouch have been around for a long time, and provided lots of good information.

[www.macintouch.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MacInTouch starting to turn off the lights
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 31, 2021 10:57PM
Used to be a regular visit for me as well but I stopped going quite a while ago. One hell of a run.

Posted by: bfd
Date: August 31, 2021 11:00PM
Used to be a daily read … but that was decades ago. Surprised it's still up and running. Many of the early - and very good - sites like Ric's have fallen by the wayside. (DealMac anyone?)old fogey smiley
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 01, 2021 12:31AM
This should be on the other side. I remember when Ric wrote about how worried and upset he was at Apple's prospects in (I think 1997 before the iMac emerged). We all felt kinda broken because Apple was suffering blow after blow. Then, Steve Jobs reached out to him to reassure that good things were right on the horizon. I remember how great that felt for all of us.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 01, 2021 06:08AM
Thanks, Biden.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 01, 2021 08:23AM
bfd
Used to be a daily read … but that was decades ago. Surprised it's still up and running. Many of the early - and very good - sites like Ric's have fallen by the wayside. (DealMac anyone?)old fogey smiley

Macsurfer Headline News (out of Iowa, of all places) used to be my home page.

(It’s actually still there - even has today’s date at the top - but the links are all to stories of 2/28 - 2/29 (2020, I think)).
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: September 01, 2021 12:17PM
Macintouch was my home page since the PowerBook 5300 days as it loaded quickly and was full of information. Still is on 1 or 2 of my old Mac laptops.

But the world has mostly moved on to different methods of information dissemination. And frankly, Apple has a different set of customers today. Before, we were all enthusiasts by necessity. Not so anymore.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 01, 2021 12:37PM
Tossed him $20 bucks last year.

Time to do it again.

Posted by: Acer
Date: September 01, 2021 03:05PM
The days of "build any website, and they will come", have ended. Everything has consolidated into a few social media hubs. Lowendmac went through a similar arc. Boomed coming into the 2000's, owner quit his day job, took on hired writers, etc. It was great for a season, but it's a much quieter and less lucrative place now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020