advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
This is f'ing Ridiculous!!!
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 01, 2021 12:14PM
Get your @$$es vaxed people!

The TX in-laws are vaxed, but their Riverside, CA in-laws aren't, and are starting to drop like flies. Their now intubated, unvaxed, sheriff's deputy BIL probably won't make thru the weekend, and at least three others in their commune have Covid45. The extended, unvaxed, mostly undereducated string of in-laws around the country are proving to be Darwin Award winners en masse. At least a dozen of 'em have dropped during the pandemic; all full of the usual tRumplican excuses for not vaxing. And you'd think they'd learn from all the stories floating thru the family grapevines. Or not.

Then down in PeterB-Town, the unvaxed are eating up all the ICU and hospital beds, while in TX they've murdered Roe v. Wade. I'm really not liking where all this mass hypocrisy has been taking us the last few years. You can't fix stupid, but damnit, I'm tired of stupid adversely affecting millions of innocent people in this country.
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: This is f'ing Ridiculous!!!
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 01, 2021 12:22PM
[www.cnbc.com]

1918 flu pandemic boosted support for the Nazis, Fed study claims

High death tolls from the 1918 influenza pandemic likely helped the Nazis gain power in "crucial" German elections, according to new research.

In a staff report published on Monday, researchers from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York found that German regions with higher mortality rates from the virus had a higher vote share for the Nazi Party in the elections of 1932 and 1933...

According to the report, the link between flu fatalities and right-wing support was seen even when cities and regions were controlled for ethnic and religious makeup, unemployment, previous right-wing voting and other characteristics that could be assumed to drive extremist voting.

It was also noted that the link between influenza mortality and extremist voting was unique to the pandemic — higher mortality rates from more common illnesses like tuberculosis did not drive a similar trend.

Research from British thinktank the Royal United Services Institute has warned that far-right groups and individuals are exploiting the Covid-19 crisis by "promoting disinformation and conspiracy theories to enhance their anti-immigrant or anti-government agendas and attract a new range of followers."

Speaking to CNBC's "Squawk Box Europe" in April, Tina Fordham, head of global political strategy at Avonhurst, said she was concerned that the pandemic could see a fresh emergence of support for extreme nationalist ideologies in Europe.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 01, 2021 12:35PM
The culling continues.

It is what it is.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 01, 2021 01:09PM
When there’s a pile of poop, flies are attracted.

(Stay tuned, I have many more genius insights.)
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 01, 2021 02:59PM
Sorry about your family buzz. I have weekly funeral notices, not relatives thank goodness but people we knew.

The Venn diagram of unvaxxed and anti-choice people would have a big overlap.

What buzz is expressing is a lot of where we are, isn't it?

Just on the edge. Done. Had it. whole country having a nervous breakdown.
Posted by: August West
Date: September 01, 2021 03:02PM
Sympathies, Buzz

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Date: September 01, 2021 04:22PM
Spousal unit commented in a family group text, that she hoped more of the unvaxed in-law crowd could/would learn from the young (to us, anyway) deputy sheriff’s deadly plight.... then her little bro in TX almost immediately sent a smaller, private, group text to the immediate family only, berating Mrs. Buzz and telling to “knock it off” and quit being “insensitive” about his wife’s little sis’s hubby that, in his early 50’s, is hanging out with the Grim Reaper, because of his own dumb choices.

Stupid is, as stupid does, but it amazes me at how many people keep embracing the stupid for reasons they can’t even really explain .
Thank you for the kind thoughts.
==
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 01, 2021 05:01PM
less republican votes, so those deaths are for a worthy cause.

callous statement? sure, but I no longer show sympathy to morons.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 02, 2021 09:34AM
Buzz, as I recall, when this whole thing started, you were quoting Pink Floyd to us about giving up our freedoms in wearing a mask.

Do you believe in it now, or are you only pro-vaccination?
Date: September 02, 2021 06:55PM
pdq
Buzz, as I recall, when this whole thing started, you were quoting Pink Floyd to us about giving up our freedoms in wearing a mask.

Nope. Not me. I've always been pro-vax and pro-mask. Also pro-(most) gun rights, and pro-women's choice. Anti-tRump, anti-Moscow Mitch, anti-L'Graham, anti-Kissass McCarthy, et al. Anti-anti-vaxers taking up space in hospitals from more deserving patients. Very pro-Jenny McCarthy, extremely anti-Marjorie Taylor Greene.
==
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 02, 2021 08:33PM
Buzz
pdq

Nope. Not me. I've always been pro-vax and pro-mask. Also pro-(most) gun rights, and pro-women's choice. Anti-tRump, anti-Moscow Mitch, anti-L'Graham, anti-Kissass McCarthy, et al. Anti-anti-vaxers taking up space in hospitals from more deserving patients. Very pro-Jenny McCarthy, extremely anti-Marjorie Taylor Greene.
==

Sorry - my bad.

It was Bernie I was thinking of.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 03, 2021 08:41AM
Buzz
Very pro-Jenny McCarthy...

huh smiley

"McCarthy's claims that vaccines cause autism are not supported by any medical evidence, and the original paper by Andrew Wakefield that formed the basis for the claims (and for whose book McCarthy wrote a foreword) was based on manipulated data and fraudulent research."

"McCarthy's public presence and vocal activism on the vaccination-autism controversy, led, in 2008, to her being awarded the James Randi Educational Foundation's Pigasus Award, which is a tongue-in-cheek award granted for contributions to pseudoscience, for the 'Performer Who Has Fooled the Greatest Number of People with the Least Amount of Effort'".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 125
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020