Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Voting 'NO' on Newsom Recall ! ! !
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 05, 2021 07:54PM

--
Way easier voting here than in TX.
Steady trickle of "NO" voters at our local drop box this afternoon.
I can think of lots of better uses for the quarter-billion $$$$ that was wasted on this ridiculous nonsense.
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Voting 'NO' on Newsom Recall ! ! !
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 05, 2021 08:00PM
Yeah! I want that shirt.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: September 05, 2021 08:54PM
Thanks for taking the time to vote. Love that it's been labelled as the "Republican Recall", as it is nothing more a power grab trying to capitalize on wildfires and mask mandates. As if either of those two things were really because of the Governor... Repubs are repugnant!

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Date: September 05, 2021 10:15PM
It was a family outing.... ballot drop box got all three of our "NO" votes, and close to a dozen more as we ambled by.

Spousal unit took pic to tease her repuglican little bro's, both tRumpers, one in OC (whom I suspect will vote "no", to appease his wife), and the other, youngest, in TX that has a hard time wrapping his brain around reality. It's TX bro's BIL out here in Riverside County that's on his final, unvaxxed Covid glide-path, that I suspect won't make it thru this holiday weekend. Morbidly, I have the 12 - 6PM slot tomorrow in his deadpool.

God forbid, if nutcase Larry Elder were to somehow end up as guv here, there'd be a helluva lot more deadpools here, there, and everywhere.... as Sir Paul so eloquently wrote in The Beatles' aptly/presciently titled Revolver vinyl from 1966.
==
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 05, 2021 10:23PM
Buzz
--
Way easier voting here than in TX.
Steady trickle of "NO" voters at our local drop box this afternoon.
I can think of lots of better uses for the quarter-billion $$$$ that was wasted on this ridiculous nonsense.
==
Been there, done that.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 05, 2021 11:08PM
Thank you. If DiFi retires (or shades of RGB) before the next scheduled election, the leading Repug would appoint someone to end the current Senate balance.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: steve...
Date: September 05, 2021 11:28PM
Voted NO with my mail-in ballot on Friday.

patriot smiley

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 06, 2021 03:13AM
thumbs up

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: September 06, 2021 10:36AM
Filliam H. Muffman
Thank you. If DiFi retires (or shades of RGB) before the next scheduled election, the leading Repug would appoint someone to end the current Senate balance.

Which is exactly why the Repugnants are throwing so much money into the recall effort. It's as much a "Surrender Nancy" movement as it is a movement to remove the Guv.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2021 10:36AM by Markintosh.
Posted by: davester
Date: September 06, 2021 11:11AM
Another four NO votes coming from my household. This “election” is an irresponsible waste of my tax money and pisses me off completely.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: wave rider
Date: September 06, 2021 02:01PM
Done a while ago, long enough to hector minuscule FB friend list with this photo. Got notification that ballot was received and counted.

Agree with davester and others, big waste of taxpayer dollars on the recall in the first place.

=wr=
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 06, 2021 07:19PM
Maybe you Cali folks can get a referendum question on the ballot to amend the recall provisions.

Bahaha.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: September 07, 2021 12:52PM
We dropped off our NO ballots last week in one of the bins like Buzz and wave rider show here.

So far the NOES have it.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 07, 2021 02:59PM
Does anyone know what the agendas are for the couple of Democrats on the recall ballot? Are they pissing off other Democrats?

e pluribus unum
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 07, 2021 05:48PM
Ted King
Does anyone know what the agendas are for the couple of Democrats on the recall ballot? Are they pissing off other Democrats?

Probably just to increase name recognition (especially for post-Newsom-Governorship times).
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: September 07, 2021 07:57PM
My "No Vote" was mailed in awhile back, already received and counted.
Date: September 08, 2021 01:54AM
Our "No Votes" were also received and counted per BallotTrax Notifications emails earlier this morning, afternoon, and finally, evening. They're getting better; last November's ballots, deposited into the very same dropbox, at the same time, were counted and notified on different days. In October, for the November election, Baby Buzz and I waited in the car, stopped in the driveway, while Mrs. Buzz made the deposits as we watched from a few feet away. Sunday, we walked from home, while again Mrs. B did the family deposit thing under our closer watchful eyes this time....I was trying to justify the difference in notification times; in case that wasn't obvious.
cool smiley
==
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 08, 2021 02:08AM
If you lived in Texas, Ms. Buzz might be indicted.
Date: September 09, 2021 07:33PM
RgrF
If you lived in Texas, Ms. Buzz might be indicted.

While we were within spitting distance of the ballot dropbox last Sunday, two more (masked) family groups had one of their matronly members do the group deposit thing for them (as we waited for Mrs. Buzz to take the above pic for her little bros). There were a couple more groups that we saw go to the box, but I didn't pay specific attention to the dropper. I guess I'm glad we, and our neighbors, are not in TX..... neighborhood ballot dropboxes make voting so easy and safe.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 142
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020