advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Donald Trump remembers Sept 11- a famous quote
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 10, 2021 03:59PM
I have to post this 9/11 memory on this side..

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down," the Republican presidential candidate said at a Nov. 21 rally in Birmingham, Ala. "And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

(NONE of what Trump said was true)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2021 04:00PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Donald Trump remembers Sept 11- a famous quote
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 10, 2021 04:23PM
sometime later...

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 10, 2021 10:15PM
You have to understand, The Donald’s “mind” works on an entirely different plane than us normies, particularly in such moments of crisis. Even as events unfold before him, constantly weighing and calculating…
"I mean, 40 Wall Street [A Trump property] actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was actually before the World Trade Center the tallest, and then when they built the World Trade Center it became known as the second-tallest, and now it's the tallest," he said on local TV station WWOR.

Not to say there isn’t the occasional ‘alternate fact’ that slips in every now and then (or every other word).
Trump's claim that his building was then the tallest in downtown Manhattan wasn't accurate — the nearby 70 Pine Street building is 25 feet taller than Trump's 40 Wall Street, though Trump's building has four more stories.”

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2021 10:18PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 11, 2021 12:23PM
Blankity Blank
… the nearby 70 Pine Street building is 25 feet taller than Trump's 40 Wall Street, though Trump's building has four more stories.”[/i]

And plenty more stories when you think about the mouth of Dumbf…
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 11, 2021 12:47PM
Even if 45*'s not so tall tale were true, it's horribly insensitive at best, to make that statement.

Maybe somebody could state that fact objectively without triggering thoughts of the tragedy of life lost with the Towers.

But not 45*.

Not on his best day.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020