advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
just because you believe in god and don't want a vaccine doesn't mean you have a religious reason not to get the vaccine
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 11, 2021 10:00AM
ffs

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: just because you believe in god and don't want a vaccine doesn't mean you have a religious reason not to get the vaccine
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 11, 2021 10:22AM
United Airlines is putting these people on unpaid leave.

When it's "get the shot or get fired," I expect at least some of this new found religious fervor will cool.
Re: just because you believe in god and don't want a vaccine doesn't mean you have a religious reason not to get the vaccine
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 11, 2021 12:33PM
Want freedom? Accept the responsibilities that comes with it…

No problem whatsoever with these clowns being held accountable.

If one's religious belief is that first degree murder is OK, does that get them a constitutional free pass?

… refusing to vax up is the same as planning to murder someone who can't have a vaccine yet.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 11, 2021 12:50PM
The God of the Jews told me I should get vaccinated.
(He knows a lot of doctors)
Posted by: hal
Date: September 11, 2021 01:02PM
[www.nytimes.com]

Vaccine Resisters Seek Religious Exemptions. But What Counts as Religious?
Major denominations are essentially unanimous in their support of the vaccines against Covid-19, but individuals who object are citing their personal faith for support.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 11, 2021 03:30PM
The religious exemption excuse reminds me of “The Drowning Man" parable.

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So, the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So, the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So, the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you, but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 11, 2021 03:31PM
I’m not even sure I believe most ‘medical’ exemptions.

There really needs to be an overt and arduous process to opt-out.
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 11, 2021 03:52PM
Yeah, there's really nothing in the Christian Bible about the morality of modern medicine, unless you count old testament dietary laws which most Christians dismiss on a doctrinal basis. Most mainline Christians mock the extreme medical views of Jehovah Witnesses, Mary Baker Eddy's Christian Scientists and even the Mormons' opposition to caffeine. But now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2021 03:54PM by Acer.
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 11, 2021 07:11PM
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 11, 2021 07:22PM
They need a proofreader (everyone does!)

Should read:

"...and I do not use, nor will I use any..." or "...and I do not use, and will not use any..."
Posted by: neophyte
Date: September 12, 2021 09:03AM
HIV-1 is an "every day (sic) medicine"?

What disease or symptom is it used for?
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: September 12, 2021 09:56AM
neophyte

At one time, it was an approved control for homosexual and bisexual behavior (apparently).
In the same control set as smallpox for reducing indigenous populations.
We have a long and proud history of mistreating others-not-like-us.

[/sarcasm]

=TC
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 12, 2021 10:13AM
neophyte

I think that is shorthand for the 1-pill treatment for HIV-1 virus, like
Biktarvy.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 12, 2021 10:14AM
DeusxMac
They need a proofreader (everyone does!)

Should read:

"...and I do not use, nor will I use any..." or "...and I do not use, and will not use any..."

I kept flinching at something else.

One space between sentences.
-Robin Williams
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 68
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020