advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Liberty University nearing 1,000 Covid-19 Cases Since Start of the Fall Semester
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 11, 2021 12:16PM
Depending on 18-22 year-olds for personal responsibility is somewhat akin to sending carrots by rabbit.

Maybe this place should be called Libertard University at this point. They would especially hate the Libtard moniker given their "humble" beginnings under Jerry Falwell, but if the pointy hat fits…

[www.insidehighered.com]

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Two weeks ago, after reporting 159 covid-19 cases on campus, Liberty University announced it would switch to virtual classes until Sept. 10.
Now there have been nearly 1,000 reported cases — all since Aug. 23, when classes began.
Despite the rapid rise in cases, school officials announced Friday that they will return to in-person classes and indoor gatherings Monday as planned, prioritizing “both health and freedom.”
Masking will not be mandated, but officials at the Lynchburg, Va., school said it is “strongly encouraged.” Some large gatherings will continue to be held outside, and other events held indoors would be limited to 50 percent capacity. For a time, students can choose to take classes virtually.
School officials had promoted campus life since the spring as a joyful return to normal: no requirements for vaccines or masks.

Apparently, anything resembling divine intervention is either completely absent or overflowing in abundance - guess it's all how one interprets the intervention. LOL

For comparison, San Diego State University - a well-documented "Party School" - has a little more than twice the number of students as "Liberty" (which has about 15,000). As of yesterday, the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases at SDSU (35,000 students) since the beginning of fall semester stands at 104 students and 7 F/S. Of course, at SDSU, everyone is under the mask at almost all times - very few exceptions - and there are vending machines with free Covid-19 tests scattered all about campus.

Crosstown UCSD, with a little more than 42,000 students returning to classes this fall hasn't gotten underway yet, but they led the way locally last year in least number of positive Covid-19 tests.

If you want freedom, be prepared to exercise some personal responsibility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2021 12:19PM by bfd.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Liberty University nearing 1,000 Covid-19 Cases Since Start of the Fall Semester
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 11, 2021 12:23PM
I was recently put off by seeing the crowds at a university of Wisconsin football game. Then I read that the campus (students, faculty, general staff) has a 90% vax rate. They earned that football game.

Re: Liberty University nearing 1,000 Covid-19 Cases Since Start of the Fall Semester
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 11, 2021 05:59PM
mattkime
I was recently put off by seeing the crowds at a university of Wisconsin football game. Then I read that the campus (students, faculty, general staff) has a 90% vax rate. They earned that football game.

Only 90%? University I worked for is around 95%, students, staff and faculty and they just cancelled the tailgate for the first home game this week on Thursday after having 150 cases over the prior week. Most of those cases were in vaccinated persons.
Date: September 11, 2021 09:04PM
JoeH
Only 90%? University I worked for is around 95%, students, staff and faculty and they just cancelled the tailgate for the first home game this week on Thursday after having 150 cases over the prior week. Most of those cases were in vaccinated persons.

Looks like they had roughly half that number of cases, but without knowing the total population its rather meaningless to compare [covidresponse.wisc.edu]

>Most of those cases were in vaccinated persons.

As is expected in a highly vaccinated group.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 12, 2021 02:57AM
They have the freedumb to not be vaxxed just like Noah’s kids had the freedom to not get on the Ark.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: September 12, 2021 05:09AM
mattkime

Very nice.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 12, 2021 03:46PM
Almost all vaccinated and outdoors.

This is as good as it gets until the overall viral rate in our communities drops.

That will inevitably happen if no new variants arrive - as herd immunity also comes from the unvaccinated getting infected and surviving.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 12, 2021 04:51PM

try another snake dance. Maybe that will help.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 13, 2021 01:10AM
JoeH
mattkime

Both Michigan State University and the University of Michigan require all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated. Plus, I don't know about UM, but MSU requires masks indoors in all university buildings.

Date: September 13, 2021 10:13AM
AllGold
Both Michigan State University and the University of Michigan require all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated. Plus, I don't know about UM, but MSU requires masks indoors in all university buildings.

Different state politics. Wisconsin has a conservative legislature which unfortunately has influence in the running of the state universities. Requiring vaccines would certainly set up a legal battle. That said, the FORMER four time republican governor runs the university system and is basically willing to take them on. Interesting times.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 13, 2021 01:26PM

Just not the right moment, I guess
Jesus fails to make Liberty U diving team.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020