advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
About the 'War on Terror'
Posted by: hal
Date: September 11, 2021 01:45PM
I'm just waking to the reality that the Forever Wars have ended. Once they were underway, I really didn't see how the end would ever come about.

I said it back in 2001 and I will say it again now. 911 was a crime - not an act of war. We have the criminals in Cuba, but we still haven't charged them with a crime. It's time to do that.

20 years rotting in a prison with ZERO due process. How unAmerican is that?

Our reaction to 911 was completely overblown - everyone admits that now. It's time to try to get back to where we once were. I know that it's not possible, but we should be trying.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: About the 'War on Terror'
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 11, 2021 03:47PM
This well expressed assessment really shows what a peaceful and rational guy "you" are.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 12, 2021 10:15AM
Fully agree
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 12, 2021 12:51PM
We squandered worldwide sentiment for us at a time when we could have turned the tide to the fight for good (completely acknowledging the harm that the U.S. had done previous to this point in time).
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 12, 2021 04:20PM
mrbigstuff
We squandered worldwide sentiment for us at a time when we could have turned the tide to the fight for good (completely acknowledging the harm that the U.S. had done previous to this point in time).

Every car could be electric by now, global warming would be reversed, and worldwide sentiment may be more pro US. Also, no game show hosts as presidents.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 13, 2021 10:48PM
mrbigstuff

Bush turned prosecution of the "War on Terror" to Cheney, a known gifter of military contracts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 92
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020