advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Biden Tells Top Democrats He’s Preparing Lobbying Blitz on Filibuster Reform, Voting Rights
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 12, 2021 06:46PM

According to three people briefed on the White House’s position and its recent communications with outside groups, Biden assured Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that he was ready to push for filibuster reform. Biden’s pressure would aim to help Schumer convince moderate Democrats to support a carveout to the filibuster, a must for the party if it’s going to pass new voting protections without Republican votes. According to a source briefed on the White House’s position, Biden told Schumer: “Chuck, you tell me when you need me to start making phone calls.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Biden Tells Top Democrats He’s Preparing Lobbying Blitz on Filibuster Reform, Voting Rights
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 12, 2021 09:55PM
Azzwipe Manchin fully plans to position himself in the way. Hope he doesn't mind getting slapped around.
Re: Biden Tells Top Democrats He’s Preparing Lobbying Blitz on Filibuster Reform, Voting Rights
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 12, 2021 10:08PM
Works for me. None of the, “BUT YOU’LL BE SORRY!” arguments have resonated.

Get out and vote, and you’ll have less to worry about what the other side does when in power.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 12, 2021 10:10PM
bfd
Azzwipe Manchin
You have a lot of restraint, I must say.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020