advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
For people that like to say '@#$%&' - 'OH MY @#$%& GOD, GET THE @#$%& VACCINE ALREADY, YOU @#$%& @#$%&'
Posted by: hal
Date: September 13, 2021 12:13PM
I enjoyed this :-)

[www.mcsweeneys.net]

the link is wrecked because there are too many '@#$%&' in it... try this: [bit.ly] (edited - new short link)

here's a taste:

Hi, if you are reading this essay then congratulations, you are still alive. And if you are alive, then you have either gotten the COVID-19 vaccine, or you still have the opportunity to get the vaccine against COVID-19. And holy @#$%&, if you aren’t @#$%& vaccinated against COVID-19, then you need to get @#$%& vaccinated right now. I mean, what the @#$%&? @#$%& you. Get vaccinated. @#$%&.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2021 02:12PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: For people that like to say '@#$%&' - 'OH MY @#$%& GOD, GET THE @#$%& VACCINE ALREADY, YOU @#$%& @#$%&'
Posted by: August West
Date: September 13, 2021 01:22PM
Thank you for sharing, Hal! thumbs up

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Re: For people that like to say '@#$%&' - 'OH MY @#$%& GOD, GET THE @#$%& VACCINE ALREADY, YOU @#$%& @#$%&'
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 13, 2021 01:42PM
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 13, 2021 01:54PM
He was a teacher, she was a nurse.

California couple die of covid, leaving five kids behind. Their newborn is 3 weeks old.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Her husband, Daniel Macias, 39, would only get a brief glimpse of their child because he, too, was hospitalized after contracting the virus. According to Davy’s sister-in-law, Terri Serey, Daniel waited to name the baby girl because he believed he and his wife would walk out of the hospital alive to introduce the newborn to their four other children, the eldest age 7 and the youngest, 2.

But about a week after the baby was born, Davy died. Two weeks later, so did Daniel.

Daniel “was well enough to send me a picture of the baby,” Serey told The Washington Post. But “that was the last text I received from him.”

Davy and Daniel Macias, of Yucaipa, Calif., are among the 658,000 Americans to have died of covid-19 as the delta variant causes a resurgence of cases and health officials race to immunize a population divided on whether to take the shot. Davy Macias did not get vaccinated because she was pregnant, Serey said. It is unclear whether Daniel was vaccinated.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2021 01:55PM by Speedy.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 13, 2021 02:07PM
p8712
Hilarious!

Date: September 13, 2021 02:08PM
wow speedy - that's heartbreaking
Date: September 13, 2021 02:08PM
hal
the link is wrecked because there are too many '@#$%&' in it... try this: [www.shorturl.at]
My virus app gives me a warning when I go to that shortcut link, which by the way does NOT take me to McSweeneys.

Date: September 13, 2021 02:13PM
$tevie
hal
the link is wrecked because there are too many '@#$%&' in it... try this: [www.shorturl.at]
My virus app gives me a warning when I go to that shortcut link, which by the way does NOT take me to McSweeneys.

that's disconcerting - it worked when I first checked it - doesn't now - I've replaced with a new one...
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 13, 2021 02:25PM
p8712

LoL

Vaccine now featured in the Pampered Chef and Mary Kay catalogs. Whatever works.
Date: September 13, 2021 02:37PM
hal
$tevie
hal

that's disconcerting - it worked when I first checked it - doesn't now - I've replaced with a new one...
I found it by myself, but yes the new link works fine. Thanks.

Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 13, 2021 02:50PM
hal
wow speedy - that's heartbreaking

It really is.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 13, 2021 03:36PM
I was going to post about that couple. They are the perfect example of getting the vax because you are thinking of others, not just yourself.

I don't mean to sound like an ass. That is NOT my intent. How can people be this selfish?

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 134
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020