advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Fox contributor Mike Huckabee blames vaccine hesitancy on Joe Biden “boring us to death with a bunch of stuff where he says ‘follow the science'”
Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 14, 2021 08:41AM
[www.mediamatters.org]

MIKE HUCKABEE (GUEST): Here's the thing. When my mother wanted me to eat spinach, she didn't try to tell me about the virtues of vitamin E. She told me Popeye ate spinach and I’d be strong like he was. Joe Biden needs to tell us the benefits rather than scaring the daylights out of us or boring us to death with a bunch of stuff where he says "follow the science". He’s not following the science Sean. If he was, he would be saying to congress "you guys have to mandate your own vaccines." They don't. And the reason? Because they think when they eat beans, they don't produce gas. So they ask the rest of America to do something we don't have to do when we are sick of it.

Can someone translate the bolded section above for me. I can't make sense of it. How does science lead to the conclusion that Biden should be telling Congress to mandate their own vaccines? What does "Congress mandating their own vaccines" even mean?

So it's not Fox and social media giving out all kinds of misinformation about the vaccine that's the primary problem, it's that Biden isn't telling people that taking the vaccine is like Popeye eating spinach. facepalm

e pluribus unum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2021 08:41AM by Ted King.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Fox contributor Mike Huckabee blames vaccine hesitancy on Joe Biden “boring us to death with a bunch of stuff where he says ‘follow the science'”
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 14, 2021 08:51AM
Ted King
it's that Biden isn't telling people that taking the vaccine is like Popeye eating spinach.

Biden isn't lying. And they don't understand that.
Re: "Fox contributor Mike Huckabee blames vaccine hesitancy on Joe Biden “boring us to death with a bunch of stuff where he says ‘follow the science'”
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 14, 2021 09:03AM
Congress does not have a vaccine mandate. That is up to Nancy Pelosi, not Biden.

Just more hot air from Huckabee, not exactly a paragon of good health himself. Most people are ok with vaccine mandates and public health officials want them. Just more being on the wrong side of history.
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: September 14, 2021 09:16AM
Ted King
He’s not following the science Sean. If he was, he would be saying to congress "you guys have to mandate your own vaccines." :

An attempt at explaining the first part of this. I think Mike Huckabee is referring to the science of teaching.

Todd's good pedagogy is the key board
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 14, 2021 09:37AM
Huckabee seems to be telling it from the perspective of both an Evangelical preacher and stump politician. These are the things he knows and those things depend on being able to sell a story to his followers. He evidently believes they can't or don't think for themselves and therefore need someone to do that for them.

If you don't have a bill of goods to sell them, you aren't trying. I suspect he's correct.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 14, 2021 10:34AM

and a daughter to carry on his good works
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 14, 2021 10:34AM
I get bored listening to faux info Huckabee
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 14, 2021 10:37AM
I WANT TO SEE MIKE HUCKABEE SHOW US THAT HES STRONG LIKE POPEYE

Date: September 14, 2021 10:42AM
Lemon Drop
not exactly a paragon of good health himself.

Looks like the epitome of the American white bread & mayonnaise diet, to me.

Date: September 14, 2021 11:25AM
mattkime
I WANT TO SEE MIKE HUCKABEE SHOW US THAT HES STRONG LIKE POPEYE

He is -- if you mean Popeye the chicken guy.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 14, 2021 02:02PM
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 14, 2021 02:04PM
Science?!?! What's that??? "bachelor's degree in religion"
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 14, 2021 04:28PM
"I am rejecting his life-saving, science-based advice because I didn't like the tone of his voice."

Snowflake.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: September 14, 2021 04:47PM
We have Nicki Minaj tweeting the vaccines are horrible and Biden with no real leadership skills whatsoever.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 14, 2021 05:21PM
Mr645
We have... Biden with no real leadership skills whatsoever.

You must be referring to Hunter. Joe Biden has done more for America (and the world) in his first six months in office than Trump did during his entire term.

It is what it is.
Date: September 14, 2021 05:38PM
Mr645
We have Nicki Minaj tweeting the vaccines are horrible and Biden with no real leadership skills whatsoever.

Science?!? What’s that?? High School graduate
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 14, 2021 06:17PM
Lemon Drop
Congress does not have a vaccine mandate. That is up to Nancy Pelosi, not Biden.

Wait a second, Democrats have the narrow majority on both houses, if they passed such a resolution and some GOP refused to take the jab and could not vote, that would give the Democrats a supermajority in Congress.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 15, 2021 03:10AM
A lot of High School graduates who went no further in their education, know what science is.

Whether she did or didn't graduate from High School isn't the problem here.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: September 15, 2021 07:36AM
N-OS X-tasy!
Mr645

You must be referring to Hunter. Joe Biden has done more for America (and the world) in his first six months in office than Trump did during his entire term.

I can't figure out what Joe was done.

COVID is rampant
Illegal immigration at record levels
North Korea testing ICBMs again
Iran building Nuclear weapons
Inflation out of control

What has Joe done?
Date: September 15, 2021 08:33AM
RAMd®d
A lot of High School graduates who went no further in their education, know what science is.

Not in her case...

"Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts,which focuses on visual and performing arts."

"At the age of 19...she worked as a waitress... but was fired for discourtesy to customers. She said she was fired from "at least 15 jobs" for similar reasons."
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 15, 2021 09:20AM
Mr645
N-OS X-tasy!
Mr645

COVID is rampant
Inflation out of control

What has Joe done?

The economy is growing, stronger than any time during Trump. A Dow of 30,000 doesn’t look so impressive when compared to where it is now. Record numbers of jobs available.
Covid is largely only rampant in GOP-controlled states where the population has been indoctrinated that vaccines and mask-wearing (and basic public health methods) are somehow political statements and “assaults on freedom”. Blue states and vaccinated Americans are doing pretty well, thank you.
North Korea is continuing the same course it has pursued for years. Trump had zero effect.
In contrast, there is no evidence that Iran is building nuclear weapons, despite Trump’s persistent efforts to botch Obama’s efforts there.
The core CPI just came in at 0.1% last month, indicating that people who predicted a transient surge look like they’re going to be right. The annual inflation number is not quite as high as the last time we had a sharp recession, in 2008.

…and for all of the heat Biden has taken, we’re no longer burning trillions in Afghanistan propping up a corrupt government.

That’s what Joe’s done.
Date: September 15, 2021 09:27AM
Mr645
N-OS X-tasy!
Mr645

COVID is rampant
Inflation out of control

What has Joe done?

Sounds like you're parroting Faux. Nothing on your "list" is directly the result of the Biden Presidency.

1. COVID is rampant - Made worse by anti-vax, anti-mask, tRump-loving voters and governors, and the Delta variant their actions have exacerbated.

2. Illegal immigration at record levels - Actually, NO. See the stats for May 2019. "...migration started to increase in April 2020 and 'continued to rise through the Biden inauguration. So it is not true that the increase started under Biden.' But the decision not to expel unaccompanied children 'sped up the increase.'”

3. North Korea testing ICBMs again - "again"? I call your attention to N. Korean missile tests 2017 through 2020.

4. Iran building Nuclear weapons - "For the first year after Trump pulled out of the nuclear deal, Iran continued to comply...Then...Iran began edging out of the deal, bit by bit." "Initially, this came through small and easily reversible steps...Eventually they restarted development of advanced centrifuges..." "In response to [tRump's] strike on Soleimani, Iran announced that it would no longer be bound by any of the agreement’s enrichment restraints."

5. Inflation out of control - Do you think a global pandemic and lockdowns might have an effect on the economies of the world? Hmm?
And for the record, inflation has been 5% or higher many times before: Jun-Aug 2008, Jan-Feb, May 1991, Jan-Mar, Aug-Dec 1990 (6.3% in Oct-Nov), Mar-Jul 1989 14.8% in Mar 1980! etc., etc. [www.usinflationcalculator.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2021 12:40PM by DeusxMac.
Date: September 15, 2021 12:23PM
DeusxMac
Sounds like you're parroting Faux. Nothing on your "list" is directly the result of the Biden Presidency.

More likely OAN, NewsMax, InfoWars, and other RWNJ confirmation bias & propaganda factories.

Facts will easily bounce off that shield of ignorance.
Date: September 15, 2021 02:24PM
They're feel entitled to their own alternate sets of facts.
Date: September 15, 2021 04:54PM
DeusxMac
Mr645
N-OS X-tasy!
Mr645

COVID is rampant
Inflation out of control

What has Joe done?

1. COVID is rampant - Made worse by anti-vax, anti-mask, tRump-loving voters and governors, and the Delta variant their actions have exacerbated.
Actually California, washington, Oregon, New York, Pennsylvania all have more deaths than Florida. Yesterday Florida ranges 40th out of 50 states, not even adjusting for population.

2. Illegal immigration at record levels - Actually, NO. See the stats for May 2019. "...migration started to increase in April 2020 and 'continued to rise through the Biden inauguration. So it is not true that the increase started under Biden.' But the decision not to expel unaccompanied children 'sped up the increase.'”

April 2020 we had under 15,000, we have had over 200,000 each of the two last months. Over 19,000 kids in cages today

3. North Korea testing ICBMs again - "again"? I call your attention to N. Korean missile tests 2017 through 2020.

Trump stopped long range missile testing and nuclear testing. N Korea continued to test short range missiles. Now they are back testing ICBMs

4. Iran building Nuclear weapons - "For the first year after Trump pulled out of the nuclear deal, Iran continued to comply...Then...Iran began edging out of the deal, bit by bit." "Initially, this came through small and easily reversible steps...Eventually they restarted development of advanced centrifuges..." "In response to [tRump's] strike on Soleimani, Iran announced that it would no longer be bound by any of the agreement’s enrichment restraints."

News reports the development of nuclear reactors in Iran starting in late June of this year.

5. Inflation out of control - Do you think a global pandemic and lockdowns might have an effect on the economies of the world? Hmm?
And for the record, inflation has been 5% or higher many times before: Jun-Aug 2008, Jan-Feb, May 1991, Jan-Mar, Aug-Dec 1990 (6.3% in Oct-Nov), Mar-Jul 1989 14.8% in Mar 1980! etc., etc. [www.usinflationcalculator.com]

Ok, during Trumps term in office, hourly wages crew at twice the rate as inflation. Now it's reversed again. But if we look at critical categories, food, fuel, housing, those items are up over 17% which is devastating to low and lower middle income families
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 15, 2021 05:00PM
Lux Interior
DeusxMac

More likely OAN, NewsMax, InfoWars, and other RWNJ confirmation bias & propaganda factories.

Facts will easily bounce off that shield of ignorance.

This. So much so that I can't even be bothered to respond, other than to thank Mr645 for outing himself as a troll.

It is what it is.
Date: September 15, 2021 06:58PM
Mr645
Ok, during Trumps term in office, hourly wages crew at twice the rate as inflation. Now it's reversed again. But if we look at critical categories, food, fuel, housing, those items are up over 17% which is devastating to low and lower middle income families

You make five claims. I refute all five, and your response is an “Ok” but… RollingEyesSmiley5

Take a look at the progression of hourly wages here:
[tradingeconomics.com]

The affect of inflation on wages has been an issue for almost a century; tRump didn’t change that, and it’s unlikely Biden will be able to either.
Date: September 16, 2021 09:37AM
N-OS X-tasy!
This. So much so that I can't even be bothered to respond, other than to thank Mr645
for outing himself as a troll.

A troll knows that they are lying, and do it to annoy people for their entertainment.

This guy is a "believer."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020