advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Wouldn't it be funny ...
Posted by: timg
Date: September 14, 2021 06:09PM
if California Governor Newsom was recalled today after the GOP have already started with the "rigged election" crap?

Would they still consider it rigged?

Just to be clear, I don't actually want the recall to be successful ... but it would be funny to see what the GOP said.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wouldn't it be funny ...
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 14, 2021 06:12PM
"Oh wait, we didn't mean that."

or

"if it weren't rigged it would be a landslide"

or some other excuse like that.
Posted by: davester
Date: September 14, 2021 06:13PM
Their playbook is an open book. They would still say that it was rigged and that they really won by a landslide, not a thin margin. In their mind it actually was rigged since the state allowed "those people" to vote, people who the GOP does not consider to be citizens.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 14, 2021 06:15PM
Fight Club.
Not funny....
==
Posted by: wave rider
Date: September 14, 2021 06:28PM
They would claim they never said it was rigged.

=wr=
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 14, 2021 06:47PM
I wish these people would all hurry up and die from Covid, already.

Posted by: GGD
Date: September 14, 2021 06:50PM
davester
Their playbook is an open book. They would still say that it was rigged and that they really won by a landslide, not a thin margin. In their mind it actually was rigged since the state allowed "those people" to vote, people who the GOP does not consider to be citizens.

That's what 45 did in 2016, claimed that were between 3 and 5 million "illegal" votes for Hillary.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 15, 2021 02:50AM
$tevie

As someone who spent last Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in my partner's mom's hospital room, with her gasping for breath, and us waiting, so she didn't die alone, you are one @#$%& up person to say that.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2021 02:50AM by Racer X.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 15, 2021 05:03AM
Racer X
$tevie

As someone who spent last Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in my partner's mom's hospital room, with her gasping for breath, and us waiting, so she didn't die alone, you are one @#$%& up person to say that.

Racer X, sorry for your loss. I’m also sorry your partner’s mom was an antivaxxer, like those $tevie is referring to, even though she probably couldn’t have gotten the vaccine quite that early, anyway.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: September 15, 2021 05:18AM
Speedy
Racer X
$tevie

Racer X, sorry for your loss. I’m also sorry your partner’s mom was an antivaxxer, like those $tevie is referring to, even though she probably couldn’t have gotten the vaccine quite that early, anyway.

Last Christmas was before the vaccines were released. Wishing that kind of death on any human is just messed up.

She was an ER and public health nurse. She would have begged for it the minute it was released. She was NOT a stupid woman.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2021 06:24AM by Racer X.
Date: September 15, 2021 09:22AM
Let’s make something clear: those who couldn’t get the vaccine because it was not available or they were not yet eligible are excused. Sorry for your loss.

Those who refuse the vaccine even though it is being offered to them and they do not have a medical condition that prevents them from getting the FDA approved vaccine deserve no sympathy.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 15, 2021 12:20PM
Racer X
Speedy
Racer X
$tevie

Last Christmas was before the vaccines were released. Wishing that kind of death on any human is just messed up.

She was an ER and public health nurse. She would have begged for it the minute it was released. She was NOT a stupid woman.

$tevie was referring to anti-vaxxers, X -- CERTAINLY not to people like your partner's mom. That's crystal clear to me and, I believe, to others here.

And she certainly isn't the only person in the forum to vocalize such feelings - I am probably one of the biggest offenders when it comes to this.

It is what it is.
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 15, 2021 03:32PM
I'd absolutely freak out if Gavin was recalled.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 15, 2021 08:08PM
I'd absolutely freak out if Gavin was recalled.

Likewise!

And I'm heartened by the larger NO margin.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: September 15, 2021 08:23PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Racer X
Speedy
Racer X
$tevie

$tevie was referring to anti-vaxxers, X -- CERTAINLY not to people like your partner's mom. That's crystal clear to me and, I believe, to others here.

And she certainly isn't the only person in the forum to vocalize such feelings - I am probably one of the biggest offenders when it comes to this.
OF COURSE I was referring to anti-vaxxers. Jesus.

Date: September 15, 2021 09:28PM
on Facebook someone said he made a deal with the Devil, citing the 66.6% votes he got.
Date: September 16, 2021 06:27AM
$tevie
N-OS X-tasy!
Racer X
Speedy
Racer X
$tevie

OF COURSE I was referring to anti-vaxxers. Jesus.

My point is, knowing what it is like to die of COVID, that one human would actually wish that on another, regardless of the situation, is pretty repugnant.

The world has been full of ignorant, selfish people since the dawn of time. Now, all of the sudden, they deserve to die? dunno smiley

Date: September 16, 2021 06:55AM
The world has been full of ignorant, selfish people since the dawn of time. Now, all of the sudden, they deserve to die?

They do NOT deserve compassion. That's all.
Date: September 16, 2021 05:44PM
not deserving compassion is one thing, actively wishing someone to die, especially from COVID, is a pretty ugly thing.

Date: September 16, 2021 08:14PM
Compassion isn't really conditional. You're either that kind of person or you're not. It's just a feeling of empathy and caring. No matter how tough we sound, nobody wants anyone to suffer.

Outside of the issue of compassion, there is the reality of how we conduct ourselves based on circumstances. It's possible to have an enormous amount of compassion for someone but still need to kill them (extreme), if it's necessary.

You can feel compassion for someone but still enact a requirement to shun them for pragmatic purposes. Safety being number one. People that resist proven remedies are holding us all back and that's not tolerable because it's dangerous and unsafe. That cannot stand.

We're trying to save everybody, not just us.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 16, 2021 08:39PM
Until we (the US and EU) release patent claims and actual vaccines to the rest of the unvaxxed world the danger of new mutations, mutations no one can counter, will loom over us for decades.

Seems way too many of us, from individuals to politicians to governments, have fallen into the "I've got mine, screw you" mode of thinking.
Date: September 16, 2021 09:31PM
RgrF
Until we (the US and EU) release patent claims and actual vaccines to the rest of the unvaxxed world the danger of new mutations, mutations no one can counter, will loom over us for decades.

Seems way too many of us, from individuals to politicians to governments, have fallen into the "I've got mine, screw you" mode of thinking.

I liken it to the "Sucks to be you" attitude.

Date: September 18, 2021 09:51PM
Face it. The people who refuse to do anything to prevent Covid are going to get Covid. They are keeping the rest of us from being able to return to something resembling normalcy. We've got them dying all over the country. It's not like I put a curse on these people. They are more or less begging to get it, so why should I feel bad about it?

Date: September 19, 2021 10:27PM
$tevie
Face it. The people who refuse to do anything to prevent Covid are going to get Covid. They are keeping the rest of us from being able to return to something resembling normalcy. We've got them dying all over the country. It's not like I put a curse on these people. They are more or less begging to get it, so why should I feel bad about it?

We really don't even have time to mourn or overly concern ourselves about people like that. We're not seeking or taking joy in anyone's demise. What I "resent," is having to spend way too much of my valuable life fighting to keep those same people from sinking us into an unnecessary abyss. We can't just enjoy our lives anymore because we have to constantly conduct epic battles just to keep our country civilized. Every election (mostly) is a damn near tie.

The second we take our eyes off the ball and try to relax is the second they're cutting our throats. I'm sick of everybody pretty much. I want peace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2021 10:28PM by vision63.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020