advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
DeSantis announces new Florida surgeon general
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 21, 2021 04:25PM
Associated with the HCQ / Demon Sperm Docs

Last month Ladapo wrote an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal headlined “Masks Are a Distraction From the Pandemic Reality,” saying that mask mandates may “have unintended consequences that outweigh the benefits.”

In a statement distributed by DeSantis’ office, Ladapo said: “We must make health policy decisions rooted in data and not in fear. From California, I have observed the different approaches taken by governors across the country and I have been impressed by Governor DeSantis’ leadership and determination to ensure that Floridians are afforded all opportunities to maintain their health and wellness, while preserving their freedoms as Americans. It is a privilege to join his team and serve the people of Florida.”

Background
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: DeSantis announces new Florida surgeon general
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 21, 2021 05:00PM
Medical boards across the nation will some day have to answer for this.

People like him should not have a license to practice medicine.

Posted by: pdq
Date: September 21, 2021 05:06PM
From California, I have observed the different approaches taken by governors across the country and I have been impressed by Governor DeSantis’ leadership

California reports lowest COVID-19 case rate in the country

As of Saturday evening, 24.99 new confirmed cases were reported for every 100,000 people in California, Johns Hopkins University data found… As of Saturday, more than 77% of California's population is vaccinated, according to the state's Health Department.

… Trailing close behind California in positivity rates are Maryland, reporting 25.34 new cases for every 100,000 people, and New Jersey, reporting 26.74. Florida currently has the highest positivity rate in the country, with 262.30 of every 100,000 people testing positive for COVID-19, according to Johns Hopkins.

Governor Desantis’ leadership has resulted in 10 times as many Covid cases per population.

Clearly, this man is impressed by big numbers.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 21, 2021 05:11PM
Florida does reliably lean Republican but surely not so much yet that voters can't pick up on this insanity!
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 21, 2021 05:17PM
Just wow. And Florida was EARLY in this Delta variant wave.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 21, 2021 05:59PM
Hah! I expected the new SG's name to be Mr. Clean!

It is what it is.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 21, 2021 06:24PM
Medical school - Harvard
Residency - Beth Israel/NE Deaconess

Yet, despite an outstanding CV, he’s a raving lunatic.
I agree that he should have his license revoked.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 21, 2021 07:39PM
Sarcany

It’s starting to happen: Doctor loses license
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 21, 2021 08:19PM
S. Pupp
Sarcany

It’s starting to happen: Doctor loses license

Doctor Who Claimed Masks Hurt Health Loses License
Editor's note: Find the latest COVID-19 news and guidance in Medscape's Coronavirus Resource Center.

The Oregon Medical Board has revoked the license of a doctor who didn't follow COVID-19 guidelines in his office and even told some patients that wearing face masks could lead to carbon-dioxide poisoning.

Steven Arthur LaTulippe's advice to patients about face masking amounted to "gross negligence" in the practice of medicine and was grounds for discipline, the medical board said in a report.

LaTulippe, who had a family practice in Dallas, was fined $10,000, Insider reported. The board also said he'd overprescribed opioids for some patients.

The medical board report said LaTulippe and his wife, who ran the clinic with him, didn't wear face masks while treating patients from March to December of 2020.

LaTulippe told elderly and pediatric patients that mask wearing could hurt their health by exacerbating COPD and asthma and could contribute to heart attacks and other medical problems, the report said.

"Licensee asserts masks are likely to harm patients by increasing the body's carbon dioxide content through rebreathing of gas trapped behind a mask," the report said.

The report noted that "the amount of carbon dioxide re-breathed within a mask is trivial and would easily be expelled by an increase in minute ventilation so small it would not be noticed."

The report said LaTulippe told patients they didn't have to wear a mask in the clinic unless they were "acutely ill," "coughing," or "congested," even though the CDC and the Oregon governor had recommended masks be worn to prevent the spread of the virus.

Before coming into the office, patients weren't asked if they'd had recent contact with anybody who was infected or showed COVID symptoms, the report said.

The medical board first suspended his license in September. He said he would not change his conduct concerning face masks.

"Licensee has confirmed that he will refuse to abide by the state's COVID-19 protocols in the future as well, affirming that in a choice between losing his medical license versus wearing a mask in his clinic and requiring his patients and staff to wear a mask in his clinic, he will, 'choose to sacrifice my medical license with no hesitation'" the medical board's report said.

LaTulippe told the medical board that he was "a strong asset to the public in educating them on the real facts about this pandemic" and that "at least 98 percent of my patients were so extremely thankful that I did not wear a mask or demand wearing a mask in my clinic."

The medical board found LaTulippe engaged in eight instances of unprofessional or dishonorable conduct, 22 instances of negligence in the practice of medicine, and five instances of gross negligence in the practice of medicine.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: September 21, 2021 08:29PM
[www.huffpost.com]

December 7, 2020

Oregon Doc’s Medical License Suspended After He Boasts He And His Staff Never Wear Masks
Steven LaTulippe urged people to “take off the mask of shame” in a speech at a “Stop the Steal” rally after the election.

Mary Papenfuss

Oregon’s state medical board voted Thursday to suspend a physician’s license indefinitely after he boasted that he and his staff have “not once” worn masks in his clinic to help stem the spread of COVID-19.

The board issued an “emergency” order to immediately suspend Dr. Steven LaTulippe’s medical license, “due to the Board’s concern for the safety and welfare” of his “current and future patients,” according to a statement on the board’s website.

LaTulippe, who owns the family practice clinic South View Medical Arts in Dallas, southwest of Portland, dismissed the importance of masks in a Nov. 7 speech at a “Stop the Steal” rally in Salem.

“I want to expose what I call corona mania,” LaTulippe declared at the rally, as seen in a video posted to YouTube by the group Multnomah County Republicans. He called on people to “take off the mask of shame.”

“I hate to tell you this, I might scare you, but I and my staff, none of us, once wore a mask in my clinic,” he added to cheers from the crowd. “And how many problems did we have in our clinic from that? Zero.” He claimed that his clinic had treated about 75 people with COVID-19.

LaTulippe told the crowd: “We have been utterly duped, and I want you to know that this is insanity, and the purpose was only to shut down the American people. This is a threat to your freedom, a threat to our Constitution.”

LaTulippe erroneously equated the coronavirus to a “common cold” virus. More than 279,000 Americans have died of COVID-19.

He told NBC News Wednesday that he does ask patients who believe they have COVID-19, or who have symptoms, to wear a mask in his clinic. LaTulippe said he treats them in a “back room” that’s disinfected, according to NBC.

“I’m very interested in sound medical practice, and I’m interested in good science,” he said. “When science and medicine become perverted with corrupt politics, then I’m up for a fight, and that’s what made me go to that rally and say what I said.”

State board online documents obtained by NBC News noted that LaTulippe’s license was suspended for engaging in “unprofessional conduct or dishonorable conduct.”

The documents noted that he allegedly told a patient seeking guidance about COVID-19 in July that asymptomatic people should not get tested and that a mask does not prevent transmission. According to NBC, LaTulippe allegedly told the patient not to self-isolate because exposure to others would somehow “provide immunity” to the coronavirus.

Infectious disease experts and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend face masks as one of the most basic and effective protections against the transmission of COVID-19.

The indefinite suspension of LaTulippe’s medical license bars him from practicing medicine anywhere in the state.

HuffPost could not immediately reach LaTulippe for comment.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 21, 2021 08:48PM
pdq
From California, I have observed the different approaches taken by governors across the country and I have been impressed by Governor DeSantis’ leadership

California reports lowest COVID-19 case rate in the country

As of Saturday evening, 24.99 new confirmed cases were reported for every 100,000 people in California, Johns Hopkins University data found… As of Saturday, more than 77% of California's population is vaccinated, according to the state's Health Department.

… Trailing close behind California in positivity rates are Maryland, reporting 25.34 new cases for every 100,000 people, and New Jersey, reporting 26.74. Florida currently has the highest positivity rate in the country, with 262.30 of every 100,000 people testing positive for COVID-19, according to Johns Hopkins.

Governor Desantis’ leadership has resulted in 10 times as many Covid cases per population.

Clearly, this man is impressed by big numbers.

pdq, thank you for posting this. It needs to be repeatedly published over and over to counter this DeSantis B.S.

Posted by: pdq
Date: September 21, 2021 09:22PM
Idaho nurse who told her family not to get vaccinated even as her mother was in a coma from COVID-19 has died of the disease

[Her brother] told [CNN] that his sister didn't think there had been studies conducted on the vaccines. She told her family not to get vaccinated, he said, even as her mother was lying in a coma.

"I think it was from misinformation, I think it was falling into negative social media and bloggers, YouTubers," he told CNN.

She took care of her two special-needs kids at home. Her home state of Idaho has had to ration care because of the delta pandemic.

How many people need to die unnecessarily?
Date: September 21, 2021 09:53PM
pdq

All those adults who choose not to be vaccinated would be about the right amount.

Date: September 21, 2021 09:58PM
pdq
Idaho nurse who told her family not to get vaccinated even as her mother was in a coma from COVID-19 has died of the disease

[Her brother] told [CNN] that his sister didn't think there had been studies conducted on the vaccines. She told her family not to get vaccinated, he said, even as her mother was lying in a coma.

"I think it was from misinformation, I think it was falling into negative social media and bloggers, YouTubers," he told CNN.

She took care of her two special-needs kids at home. Her home state of Idaho has had to ration care because of the delta pandemic.

“[H]e got vaccinated the day after his sister died. He said his mother, who is recovering, is still undecided about the vaccine.”

You can’t fix stupid although COVID45 is giving it a damn good try.

Posted by: bfd
Date: September 21, 2021 11:53PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Hah! I expected the new SG's name to be Mr. Clean!

Or maybe they'd thawed out this guy…

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 147
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020