advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Florida new surgeon general removes most virus protocols in schools
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 22, 2021 05:01PM
Dr. Joseph Ladapo, who was appointed Florida's surgeon general on Tuesday by Gov. Ron DeSantis, instituted his first rule Wednesday to give parents “sole discretion” over whether their child wears a mask. The change, as reported by the Miami Herald, will also allow students who come in contact with the virus to continue attending class if they remain asymptomatic.

So no masks and no quarantine for exposed students unless they cough a lung up.

Tomorrow I expect him to release a letter regarding DeathSantis's current health, something like:
"If elected, Mr. DeSantis, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency,"

as a school worker, all I can say is both are idiots (the forum nanny won't let me say the term I really want to use). To put this into perspective - students with pink eye or lice are sent home every day.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2021 05:28AM by Ombligo.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Florida new surgeon general removes most vaccine protocols in schools
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 22, 2021 05:07PM
Anyone with kids in school in Florida needs to pull them out. Today.

Yeah, not gonna happen, but that's the only thing short of federal intervention that will force any real changes to be made. When those daily attendance $$$ from the state stop rolling in, schools get real serious, real fast about fixing whatever is causing those absences.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 22, 2021 05:26PM
Does that mean Florida no longer requires any immunizations for any disease?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 22, 2021 05:42PM
Stay safe, friend.

It's insane.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 22, 2021 06:01PM
Speedy
Does that mean Florida no longer requires any immunizations for any disease?

My first thought, too. Wouldn't be surprised.

I'll ask again: At what point do these actions become criminal?

It is what it is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2021 06:01PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 22, 2021 06:04PM
Seriously, I'd like to crack open their skulls and try to understand what they're truly thinking.

Do they honestly believe the idiocy they're embracing, or is this really just based on an FU, Biden and dems.

How is it that a doctor, apparently not schooled in Grenada, can turn his back on all the science and scientific data that exists.

Political motivations, I get it.

Well, up to the point that politician facilitate death, any death let alone on such a massive scale.

That they're idiots may be accurate, but it still is far short of a sufficient explanation.

I'd like to see a lot more licenses revoked, damn the cries of persecution by liberals.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 22, 2021 06:20PM
Ombligo
Dr. Joseph Ladapo, who was appointed Florida's surgeon general on Tuesday by Gov. Ron DeSantis, instituted his first rule Wednesday to give parents “sole discretion” over whether their child wears a mask. The change, as reported by the Miami Herald, will also allow students who come in contact with the virus to continue attending class if they remain asymptomatic.

Tomorrow I expect him to release a letter regarding DeathSantis's current health, something like:
"If elected, Mr. DeSantis, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency,"

as a school worker, all I can say is both are idiots (the forum nanny won't let me say the term I really want to use). To put this into perspective - students with pink eye or lice are sent home every day.

So, upon reading this more closely, I see no reference to vaccine protocols - I only see a reference to masking protocols, which is not at all the same thing.

Perhaps OP could provide a link to his source material and allow the reader to draw his/her own conclusions?

It is what it is.
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 22, 2021 06:46PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Ombligo

So, upon reading this more closely, I see no reference to vaccine protocols - I only see a reference to masking protocols, which is not at all the same thing.

Perhaps OP could provide a link to his source material and allow the reader to draw his/her own conclusions?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/22/ron-desantis-names-anti-vax-doctor-florida-surgeon-general
Date: September 23, 2021 05:28AM
my bad - I meant to put Virus protocols

now corrected

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”

Posted by: pdq
Date: September 23, 2021 09:06AM
In my paper this morning, it said daily Covid deaths in Florida, averaged over the last 7 days, was 376. A day.

If you had a madman running around your state shooting and killing 376 people a day, what would you do? Take the most effective means known to stop him?

Or would you dismiss concerns over this “shooter mania”, tell people to eat more fruits and vegetables, and carry on life as normal, going to all the places the shooter is known to frequent?

I can hardly wait until the day this Florida carnage has finally burned out (with thousands upon thousands dead) and DeSantis goes on TV and says “See? I told you I was right!”

Because he will. And a certain fraction of the population will enthusiastically endorse his presidential bid.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 23, 2021 11:52AM
pdq
And a certain fraction of the population will enthusiastically endorse his presidential bid.

Any why? "Because he's not a satan-worshipping Democrat who hates America, plans to put vaccines that make us autistic and magnetic in our salad dressing, plans to come into our houses and take away our machine guns, and tax us into oblivion while laughing maniacally like Mr. Burns in The Simpsons.

Because that's what Democrats are; that's what Democrats do. They're just plain evil.

At least DiSantis, even if he cheerfully kills half the children in the state, has our best interests at heart. He's a good man; a Republican who loves America. God bless DiSantis, the next President of these United States, where our 'history of slavery and genocide' is just a hoax put forth by Democrats who hate America."

We have such a piss-poor education system in this country, and an out-of-control and unchecked far-right propaganda machine.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 23, 2021 02:43PM
S. Pupp
We have such a piss-poor education system in this country, and an out-of-control and unchecked far-right propaganda machine.

That's truly the crux of the problem.
Date: September 23, 2021 06:18PM
RgrF
S. Pupp

That's truly the crux of the problem.

and it became that way when the GOP declared war on teachers. Now schools are run by politicians and parents making excuses for their little angels. When the idiots run the schools you can expect more idiots to be produced. Teachers are not just working with one hand tied behind their back, they are hogtied and ggged.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 25, 2021 01:55PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020