advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Judge tells Trump Org to hand over docs or else he's gonna come and get them himself
Posted by: hal
Date: September 24, 2021 01:05PM
[www.washingtonpost.com]

New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron ordered former president Donald Trump’s business to report next week on its progress in handing over the documents and gave it until Oct. 15 to comply.

Engoron’s order, signed Sept. 2, was unsealed after a challenge by the news site Law 360. Engoron noted that Trump’s firm had sought to keep the record sealed, but “the Trump Organization has not demonstrated good cause” for doing so.

The order shows that New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) is still conducting a wide-ranging investigation of Trump’s business practices.

The Weisselberg case, brought by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance (D) with assistance from James’ office, focused on an alleged scheme to evade taxes. Weisselberg was accused of concealing portions of Trump executives’ salaries — including his own — from taxing authorities.

“For more than a year now, the Trump Organization has failed to adequately respond to our subpoenas, hiding behind procedural delays and excuses,” James said in a statement Friday. “Once again, the court has ordered that the Trump Organization must turn over the information and documents we are seeking, otherwise face an independent third-party that will ensure that takes place.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Judge tells Trump Org to hand over docs or else he's gonna come and get them himself
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 24, 2021 01:28PM
Activist judge!
Re: Judge tells Trump Org to hand over docs or else he's gonna come and get them himself
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 24, 2021 01:59PM
Lux Interior
Activist judge!

JUDGES WITH GUNS!

It is what it is.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: September 24, 2021 03:11PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Lux Interior
Activist judge!

JUDGES WITH GUNS!

Judge Dredd!

Get the popcorn!

=TC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2021 03:14PM by TheCaber.
Date: September 24, 2021 03:40PM
TheCaber
N-OS X-tasy!
Lux Interior
Activist judge!

JUDGES WITH GUNS!

Judge Dredd!

Get the popcorn!

That's such a great movie. I may have to watch it again tonight.

It is what it is.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 24, 2021 05:03PM
N-OS X-tasy!
TheCaber
N-OS X-tasy!
Lux Interior
Activist judge!

JUDGES WITH GUNS!

Judge Dredd!

Get the popcorn!

OT, but I liked this version best... (better score also, but not for the kiddies)
[www.youtube.com]
Date: September 24, 2021 05:37PM
DeusxMac
N-OS X-tasy!
TheCaber
N-OS X-tasy!
Lux Interior
Activist judge!

JUDGES WITH GUNS!

Judge Dredd!

Get the popcorn!

OT, but I liked this version best... (better score also, but not for the kiddies)
[www.youtube.com]

Wasn't the version you originally posted Urban's version? That's the version I was referring to - the Stallone version is a travesty.

It is what it is.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 24, 2021 05:58PM
I dunno. Stallone saying, “I am the lawwwwrrrr” is what made that one good. Although I don’t actually remember anything else about it. But Urban, with a sidekick??
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 24, 2021 08:02PM
JUDGES WITH GUNS!

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

I briefly envisioned a judge, robed up, leading an FBI HRT team in to 45* land, saying 'Knock knock' as boldly went where no law has gone before.

Wasn't the version you originally posted Urban's version? That's the version I was referring to - the Stallone version is a travesty.

Agreed!

I liked Urban's version so much better, and that he kept his hat on.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 24, 2021 08:09PM
N-OS X-tasy!
DeusxMac
N-OS X-tasy!
TheCaber
N-OS X-tasy!
Lux Interior
Activist judge!

JUDGES WITH GUNS!

Judge Dredd!

Get the popcorn!

[www.youtube.com]

I mentioned it because Urban’s version is titled just “Dredd”, not “Judge Dredd”.
Date: September 24, 2021 08:15PM
DeusxMac
N-OS X-tasy!
DeusxMac
N-OS X-tasy!
TheCaber
N-OS X-tasy!
Lux Interior
Activist judge!

JUDGES WITH GUNS!

Judge Dredd!

Get the popcorn!

[www.youtube.com]

I mentioned it because Urban’s version is titled just “Dredd”, not “Judge Dredd”.

I just checked — the photo TheCaber posted is definitely Urban, not Stallone.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020